trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can gather from the conversation..Jodi is worried about something being private(I know-lol)..Juan was asking Samual about listening to Det.Flores & Jodi 's conversation about the photos being Travis's idea.Then JW objected to it being hearsay.

Jodi Arias is evil personified. Notice how Martinez doesn't even refer to her by her name and addresses her as Ma'am! So Martinez knows this and in case anyone forgets he is the ONLY one that speaks for the victim.

Travis Alexanders name had been dragged through the mud and been subjected to scandalous unfounded accusations of being a pedophile, a rapist and a violent bully.... NONE of which has been substantiated by ANY other means other than this killers' testimony.

Martinez speaks for the victim when he attacks her lies and vile scenarios that have absolutely no foundation in fact. One can only hope the jury has seen through the multiple-changed story and ridiculous progression of lies and deception she's spewing.

JM is JA's worst enemy! Borrowing from Judge Judy JA on her best day is not as smart as Juan Martinez on his worst day sleeping. :great:

I am sure that there are other expressions we have not seen. Speaking of that, is there any live trial with a split screen? I have been watching Wild about Trial the last two weeks.

Great question!! I've wondered that too. I have looked at all of the streaming videos that are linked, but they all have the same camera angle.

Will Jodi be able to use this witness' lack of whatever on appeal, saying her attorneys botched the trial because the expert witness they hired botched his job?

ETA: PhD Samuels is being paid $250.00/hr! A real waste.

One of my favorite moments, was when Juan was questioning the "doctor" about the "fonction", pre-school penciled graph, where your fognesia sets in and dips. Remember the doctors graph? Well, the doctor states that while you are in the downslope, in the pit and on the upswing, you can't recall what had previously happened, your memories might come back later but you do not remember at during those times. WELL, then how did JA, in her fognesia, on the downslope or in the pit, remember where the knife was, to go and grab it to stab Travis? IF, she had already shot Travis, his own fognesia theory is incorrect.

Don't know if this makes sense to anyone but me. You might have had to be there. :blushing:

I agree with you. I didn't know at first where Juan was going with this. But then it dawned on me during cross w/Samuels. If JA said she went into the FOG after shooting Travis, then how could she possibly even give the knife any thought. There would be no knife because all memory would be gone.

There was a suggestion that Samuels has fallen into some sort of "love" with JA. Surely, not romantic love but perhaps a sexual attraction and this led him to be willing to manipulate his findings and send her books, etc. I'm wondering if, having been privy to those explecit nude photots, he has been fantasizing about her and is now firmly in her trap.

He does seem way too willing to put his career on the line for her. But then, if he doesn't give his all in cases like this, creepy defedant might not want him as an expert.

I'm just referring to the afternoon sex photos, not the ones in the shower. I'm sure she thought the one of herself striking the Titanic pose was a keeper. He didn't.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: "the Titanic" :floorlaugh:

I think he probably thought photos were ok if they were on his camera and under his control so that she wouldn't be able to blackmail him like she probably did with the phone sex tape.

Except there is no evidence that he even knew about the phone sex tape.

When this trial began, I felt it was so vile that TA talked the defendant into having oral and anal sex b/c it 'wasn't really sex.'

I can't believe I fell for her BS.

I now believe completely that she convinced him that these variations of sex did not "count" and offered these services to him. Thus, TA's "you are the worst thing that ever happened to me" statement. She f'd him over, literally and figuratively.

I have been biased from the beggining having followed this case from close to the start. I have never had anything but a creepy feeling from Jodi so I wanted to say how much I appreciate your point of view. It's good to listen to someone who started out with a different impression and has come to conclusions based on the trial. :seeya:

Don't mean to be a "downer" but I still worry about there being 1 out of 12 who could believe or sympathize with JA. And that's ALL it takes...1 out of 12!

Question: how are the final 12 selected? By judge? Attorneys? Randomly? Pull numbers from hat?

There was a suggestion that Samuels has fallen into some sort of "love" with JA. Surely, not romantic love but perhaps a sexual attraction and this led him to be willing to manipulate his findings and send her books, etc. I'm wondering if, having been privy to those explecit nude photots, he has been fantasizing about her and is now firmly in her trap.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

On the subject of PTSD, I can fully understand the diagnosis. Dr. Samuels was half-right. It started on the day JA was arrested, July 15, 2008, and continues to this day. She is living in her own private hell with no one to blame but herself. When she had the audacity to complain that Travis's closet was bigger than her cell, I wanted to slap her! Hope she has nightmares from now until eternity!

Will Jodi be able to use this witness' lack of whatever on appeal, saying her attorneys botched the trial because the expert witness they hired botched his job?

ETA: PhD Samuels is being paid $250.00/hr! A real waste.

The consensus here, including one attorney, say Samuels' abysmal performance doesn't rate a do-over. A fair trial is required, but not an idiot-free trial iirc.

I have been biased from the beggining having followed this case from close to the start. I have never had anything but a creepy feeling from Jodi so I wanted to say how much I appreciate your point of view. It's good to listen to someone who started out with a different impression and has come to conclusions based on the trial. :seeya:
Same here. One look at the crime scene photos and hearing the details of his death told me there was no way anyone could claim self defense. None. Self-defense isn't overkill. I am glad there are more fair-minded people out there who wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes what is so clear-cut to one isn't to another.

I'm with you - Is MsLav at the end of her career? Must be - Big risk by testifying about someone she does not know.

I wonder if Ms. LaViolette just jumped on the abuse bandwagon without getting all the facts. I can think of many cases where people do that. Remember Elizabeth Morgan, the doctor who spent several years in jail hiding her daughter from her ex? She'd accused the ex-husband of sexually abusing the daughter. Millions of people leaped to her support although it rapidly became apparent that the woman was a nut (and so was the ex).

I honestly can't see believing anything DS has to say after Juan was done with him. He's been proven to be incompetent and not credible in any of his testing or records that has to do with Jodi. He's shown to many times that his interpretations of Jodi are what he's chose to "add, adjust, clarify or believe" to make Jodi seem like a poor little picked on lamb. I think they deserve each other. I hope the state never pays him another dime.

On the subject of PTSD, I can fully understand the diagnosis. It started on the day JA was arrested, July 15, 2008, and continues to this day. She is living in her own private hell with no one to blame but herself. When she had the audacity to complain that Travis's closet was smaller than her cell, I wanted to slap her! Hope she has nightmares from now until eternity!

I agree with what you are saying.

But for the record, she said the closet WASNT small, she said "its bigger than the cell I live in"

Same here. One look at the crime scene photos and hearing the details of his death told me there was no way anyone could claim self defense. None. Self-defense isn't overkill. I am glad there are more fair-minded people out there who wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes what is so clear-cut to one isn't to another.

That's RIGHT!

Self-defense is stab him once and run out of that house and get help!

Not buying her story then, and sure as L don't buy it now...

I seriously would not doubt this-He seems to have a major issue with boundaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks