trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats the case they've failed to make the connection between PTSD and domestic violence anyway because according to the Dr the trigger was the killing.

Ultimately his entire testimony SHOULDN'T matter because as he himself stated even murderers can have PTSD and the test was based on a false story which may--MAY--have been based on true emotions during the killing. While he can go ahead and diagnose her, he can ONLY speculate as to what scenario the PTSD developed under. Therefore, this has been a complete waste of time.

I'm speculating (ha!) that this whole thing will be used as a mitigating factor if there's a penalty phase. The defense will ask the jury to consider PTSD when weighing her actions after the murder.

So yes, it might be a waste of time in determining guilt (and I bet there will be jury questions related to this).

I'm posting this here b/c it was a self defense case and the victim's reputation was destroyed as well by the defense team, just like this case with the defendant and Travis.
My heart breaks for both Travis and Jonathan and how they have been victimized so much after they were murdered by the defendants and their attorneys.

The grandmother claimed self defense when she shot her 17 yr old grandson. Her story wasn't believed, the jury found her guilty today of 2nd degree murder, she was facing 1st degree.

In the video Jonathan's parents speak about why Jonathan was living with his grandparents. The parents lived in AZ and didn't want their son to even go live with the grandmother, they had a daughter who had a brain tumor and they felt the family should stay together. Jonathan wanted to stay in MI and finish out his senior year of high school, his dad also said he felt Jonathan was also allowing his parents to focus their energies on his ill sister.

The 17 yr old victim Jonathan Hoffman's reputation was destroyed by the defendant and her attorneys.
Another sad sad senseless murder. :(

Layne's self defense claim sounds familiar, wouldn't you say?!

Grandmother Sandra Layne found guilty of 2nd degree murder in shooting death of grandson

The West Bloomfield woman says she confronted Jonathan with the gun to make him talk to her and she feared how he might react since he had broken things in the past. Layne said Jonathan had never assaulted her before, but claims when she confronted him that day, he kicked her in the chest and hit her in the face, prompting her to shoot.

Prosecutors pointed out to jurors that Layne never called for help on any of the 11 phones in her condominium or her cell phone.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/Verdict-in-Sandra-Layne-murder-trial-grandmother-who-is-accused-of-murdering-grandson

RIP Jonathan! :rose:

I have been searching WS and I cannot find the answer I am seeking, so humor me and please somebody tell me if there has been discussion about JA shaving off TA's pubic hair during her (IMO) staged sex but real torture session?

I think she would do that to make it look like he had prepared for sex. I think it is incongruous that he would manscape his privates while sporting hairy legs. ALso, I notice the area is unnaturally red in his faux sex photo.

What do you brainy super sleuths think?

Just relaying this from the KatieCoolady thread:

The tie Travis's brother is wearing in the photo in the above link is from the anonymous Websleuther that gave sent them gifts. <3 Nice!

(I should add...this is the tie if this picture of him is from today, the 19th.)

Aww looks good on him
makes you wanna hug him.

Yes but there is quite a difference in mass between a mouse and a human body.

Im not sure what your point is. We were discussing whether it's reasonable for the room mates to not smell anything all that time. The point is 1. Even a tiny mouse decaying will fill your home with a pugnent and revolting smell of death witjing a few days and 2. The room mates dod in fact smell it.

No. Please don't create confusion when there already is so much! He's a defence witness and he is being payed by the defence.

He's being paid with tax dollars, no? So he's not being paid by the prosecution or defense, but I really don't know what state fund the money comes out of.

All I have concluded from Samuels is he based a PTSD dx in large part on the ninja tale, and he was snookered by the defendant.

But I can't figure out why the jury should care if she had PTSD. I don't believe it, but even if she did, WTH does it matter?

I didn't watch much of it today, but did catch that her score didn't even reach the PTSD threshold, although she did score high on anxiety. Too bad so sad.
Of ourse she was anxious. Not because she murdered Travis, but because she was locked up in jail on a first degree murder charge. No.freedom.

This trial has turned into a charade. I've never seen anything like it. This liar has created so much chaos and is causing a "huge waste" of resources.

She also scored high on Anti-Social...and all of the cluster B's. Let's face it. PTSD is the only disorder she can claim is caused by something outside of her self. That was the only disorder she would tolerate.

They suggested that to explain "fog" and then tailored the results to fit it. These symptoms fit other mental disorders also...but this one was the only one that explains a possible lapse in memory w/o calling her mentally ill.

I have been searching WS and I cannot find the answer I am seeking, so humor me and please somebody tell me if there has been discussion about JA shaving off TA's pubic hair during her (IMO) staged sex but real torture session?

I think she would do that to make it look like he had prepared for sex. I think it is incongruous that he would manscape his privates while sporting hairy legs. ALso, I notice the area is unnaturally red in his faux sex photo.

There are naked pics of him before the murder too and he is shaved in those. He just preferred a trimmed hedge.

Has anybody ever wondered or speculated as to why she locked the door and tried to hide everything? Why didn't she just leave with the crime scene wide open to everyone? just wondering

She needed time to get out of Dodge, because she was never supposed to be there.

I missed all of today. Thanks for all the updates. Kind of glad I missed with the good doctor still on the stand. I am tired of blah, blah and more blah from the defense.

Just finished watching Dr. Drew and still trying to catch up on this thread, but after watching snippets of the trial today, I have to say that this is the most UNorganized witness I've ever seen! How aggravating to watch him fumble through his notes every two minutes. Ugh.

I don't know if this has already been answered......I'm a little behind on reading today. The day that the diagram was on the screen and Jodi was explaining how the murder happened was March 5. Go to 1:12 on the video. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo6TBBy-AxU

SmoothOperator
Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

SPEAKING OF THIS REMINDS ME OF ONE OF THE JUROR'S QUESTIONS FOR JODI..

It was the juror question that asked her to use the overhead diagram of Travis' bedroom/bathroom area as reference for Jodi to describe the events as they happened on June 4 while pointing out where and when using the diagram..

Sam's statement here about Jodi running out of closet INTO THE HALL WAY, rather than into the bathroom..this is not the first time that the "mistake" has been made during the trial..

Jodi, herself while using the diagram to point out and describe the actions and movements of the murder ALSO SCREWED UP her "story" in this exact same way..

Jodi accidentally said that when she ran into the closet, climbed up and retrieved the gun, that she then exited BACK OUT THAT SAME CLOSET DOOR AND INTO THE HALLWAY RAN DOWN THE HALL AND THEN BACK INTO THE BATHROOM..

This IMO was huge because not only a huge inconsistent screw up, but MORE importantly in her indicating her positions and Travis' positions during this point of the crime SHE ALSO HAD TRAVIS NOT CHASING AFTER HER DOWN THE HALL AND INTO THE CLOSET..INSTEAD SHE HAD TRAVIS STAY IN THE BATHROOM THEREFOR SHE RUNS OFF TO CLOSET WITHOUT TRAVIS CHASING OR FOLLOWING, RETRIEVED GUN(Travis still not chasing or following due to she has him still in the bathroom).. AND THEN SHE COMES BACK OUT OF CLOSET INTO THE HALL AND THEN RUNS BACK INTO THE BATHROOM WHERE TRAVIS IS THEN SHOT..

IMO THIS WAS SO HUUUUUGE..AND I CERTAINLY HOPE THE JURORS TOOK NOTE OF IT AS WELL..

ANYONE REMEMBER WHAT DAY THAT DIAGRAM RUN THROUGH WAS DONE BY JODI?.. I'd love to repost it so that we can see where Jodi makes this huge flub up in her "story"..

TIA.

I think you're right. This is what I have been trying to point out. Arizona heat because of the dryness is much different than places that have humidity.

Thank you - I'm sorry I must've missed your post because I would have definitely said -YES! THIS! :)

When I first moved here I was fascinated by the drying out of things that I always knew to stink/spoil etc. Actually, after finding the dried turkey in my daughters room I started experimenting with sliced turkey - trying to make edible 'turkey jerky'. I've done it for years now - and I love it. Turns into yummy jerky overnight. :)

Sorry - have more to comment about finding Travis, but after the paragraph above I think I'll wait. I mean no disrespect to him OR my experiments. They don't belong in the same post.

The lack of humidity is incredible here. In NY it takes forever for my very long hair to dry. Here - just minutes.

The sun room we built was to be my studio - but my paint didn't like it out there. But I struggle because I'm not keen on developing brain damage from benzene fumes, etc. And there is dog hair in every painting I complete.

Humidity has to be taken into account, that's all. That's for bringing it up! :)

When Travis was murdered, the temps were in the 90's.
Let's check with our local Arizonans. I still maintain it's NOT weather you would wear a hoodie/sweatshirt/or sweater in.

He was a manscaper, one of his friends posted on their blog after he was murdered.
They were on a group trip and somehow Travis brought up the fact that he hated hair and manscaped.

This is all my fOnctioning hippocampus allows me to remember.

The throat slasher ain't amused.

JA2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members