trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's check with our local Arizonans. I still maintain it's NOT weather you would wear a hoodie/sweatshirt/or sweater in.

Right, but she could have brought in the Ninja Hoodie sweater outfit to sneak up on Travis or some other bizarre Jodiasm reason she had. Maybe she wanted to play the role of a Ninja for herself while she butchered him. Kind of like a sick role play.

Ive always wondered if that Ninja story she told to the cops had a little bit of truth in it that she was dressed like a Ninja. Black boots, Black pants, Black sweater hoodie maybe? The sweater Bombshell today kind of fits in with it.

Just heard Janine Driver say something odd. She said (paraphrasing) the biggest mistake anyone watching at home is to mirror a master manipulator.

The point that I'm confused on is that - they are master manipulators. Meaning they fool many (most) for a long, long time usually (unless they implode).

I also don't get what Dr. D means by mirroring. He is showing movements/behaviours that people do all the time. It's not strange that both JA and her lawyer would both put their hand in their hair over the course of a day in court. I mean, c'mon.

And I really like Janine Driver... I love what she does and how she describes things but I think Dr. Drew is making something out of nothing on this one.

The hiding/sitting on what appears to be a folder/documents on JA's part IS something potentially serious - that I hope is looked into, especially if the prosecution is missing a folder. Or perhaps JA did not want her DT to use something... what a creepy soulless creep.

I was listening on the radio as I was driving home and heard Janine too. I did not really understand what she was talking about.

The weather from that week has been posted numerous times. It was in the low 90's THAT week. That is what I recall from other WS posts and links.

BTW-we own a home in Arizona, so I have spent quite a few summers there. I'm not arguing about whether it's hot or not in the summer. LOL. It is very hot there in the summer time. I was stating the temperature that week and indoors, when the air conditioning is on, sometimes people like me wear a sweatshirt, while others don't need one.

IMO-if JA was wearing a sweatshirt or long sleeves, it was to avoid injury during the murder, and to prevent as much blood spatter on herself as possible. She was wearing long pants, so it does seem plausible she could have also worn long sleeves too. If she wore them outdoors and after the murder, it was to prevent others from seeing her injuries..cough cough...scratches. JMO

Yep - And she wore murderess clothing that she wouldn't feel bad about burning later. It was all about her let us not forget.

No. Please don't create confusion when there already is so much! He's a defence witness and he is being payed by the defence.

The DT is being paid by the taxpayers of Arizona - so it would reasonably follow that Dr. Samuels is being paid by the taxpayers as well.

But I should know better than dispute what you say because when I do (always in a friendly manner, of course!) you're ALWAYS right... :)

Of course not, but that's not the point. Remember, Jodi has seen too many movies and she probably thought wearing a "get up" for the murder made sense, including a sweater. She probably had her attire all figured out (the murder was probably all she thought about for weeks).That way, she could just dump the clothes on the road (burn?). Also, she did bring long sleeves with her because she wore them in Utah around her friends. They thought it was odd since it was summer and it was hot. I find it plausible she had a sweater or hoodie on hand for the murder.

That is exactly what I think and posted too. I thnk the same.

O.K. - 3:00 Central tomorrow. Is that useless witness still going to be on the stand or will we get to hear Juror questions to said witness? both probably, huh?

One would also think the A/C inside Travis' house wouldn't be kept at such a cold temperature 24/7 since the occupants weren't home all the time. Honestly I believe them not noticing the odor had more to do with where Travis' body was, in the shower stall, in the bedroom rather than having the A/C on all the time. We also don't know how much time the roommates spent in the house between the murder and his body being discovered.

MOO

I think you're exactly right, panthera! And BTW, :seeya:.

Those guys were at work or out with their girlfriends, or just generally away from home most of that time, and I think the house was reasonably cool, and his poor body was sort of tucked away in the shower, in the bathroom, in the bedroom -- with several closed doors in between. But it's not a normal bad odor. I've smelled dead animals, and I assume the smell of a dead animal -- outside, not too nearby -- is similar. It is a "WTH is that?" kind of odor. But I'll buy that they didn't notice, easily.

She also scored high on Anti-Social...and all of the cluster B's. Let's face it. PTSD is the only disorder she can claim is caused by something outside of her self. That was the only disorder she would tolerate.

They suggested that to explain "fog" and then tailored the results to fit it. These symptoms fit other mental disorders also...but this one was the only one that explains a possible lapse in memory w/o calling her mentally ill.

I wish someone had told Mr. Martinez to question Samuels about how heightened memories and intrusive memories are far more likely to be symptoms of PTSD than dissociative amnesia or transient global amnesia.

Just wondering...
This could be a pill passing going on. If jodi got a couple valium or something, she would have to take them in court so she doesnt get caught with them on the search back to jail. Maybe this is how Jodi got the pills we saw her take. Look at the left hand. Is something being passed?

I dont trust her for a minute.

I don't think I can watch, listen to, or even mute another HLN commercial. How many minutes out of an hour are used on advertising? And the same ones, over and over and over and over. Hope to be able to live stream going forward.

:seeya:

O.K. - 3:00 Central tomorrow. Is that useless witness still going to be on the stand or will we get to hear Juror questions to said witness? both probably, huh?

Let's hope we get to the jury questions! I can't wait to see what questions they have of the "doctor".

Hopefully, there will be court on Thursday!! This trial is dragggggiiinnnnggg.

I am sure that Juan and Flores know a lot of about JA that we don't know.
Right now I know more about JA than I really wanted to know. Put this murderer on Death Row ASAP.

Good night folks.

I agree and a Big War Eagle to you !!!

I'm speculating (ha!) that this whole thing will be used as a mitigating factor if there's a penalty phase. The defense will ask the jury to consider PTSD when weighing her actions after the murder.

So yes, it might be a waste of time in determining guilt (and I bet there will be jury questions related to this).

And the jury, imv, will collectively but silently think, "Yeah, right. Not gonna happen." if the DT tries to use this already massively discredited factor.

Agreed - I think the jury questions for this psychologist are going to be absofreakinlutely **fascinating**. Is that tomorrow, do you know? I missed today :(. My lovely daughter's birthday - most of which I spent with dry heaves (I hate medicine).

So during rebuttal JM will call his own experts to refute Dr. Samuel and Alyce V? Although Dr. Samuel did a good job refuting himself! Does anyone know, from the witness list, who they will be?
I am so looking forward to the rebuttal case.

Let's hope we get to the jury questions! I can't wait to see what questions they have of the "doctor".

Hopefully, there will be court on Thursday!! This trial is dragggggiiinnnnggg.

We also look forward to those questions.....From what I've heard on here, there will be no court on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV