trial day 33: the defense continues its case in chief #96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being paid with tax dollars, no? So he's not being paid by the prosecution or defense, but I really don't know what state fund the money comes out of.

JM made that statement yesterday about the doc being paid with taxpayer dollars. Today he asked the doc how much he was paid and he said $250.00 an hour. But isn't Nurmi and Willmott court appointed.

In the beginning JA was going to act as her own lawyer but after two weeks changed her mind. So wouldn't the taxpayers be footing the bill for Nurmi and Willmott too?

I sure hope Willmott is through with the doc. Who is their next 'expert witness' ... they really should consider Dr. Sally Karioth from FSU the grief expert. :floorlaugh:

I am looking forward to the jury questions ... they don't fool around and go for the kill. :great:

:cow:

Thanks. I didn't notice the other stuff. Can't take all the HLN commercials or this defense case much longer. Watch when. JM is on then try to read all the posting here!

Still hope she gets caught and reemed good by the judge. In open court. That would make our day!!!

Well, she prolly wouldn't flinch at a cavity search. JMHO.

Just wondering...
This could be a pill passing going on. If jodi got a couple valium or something, she would have to take them in court so she doesnt get caught with them on the search back to jail. Maybe this is how Jodi got the pills we saw her take. Look at the left hand. Is something being passed?

May be a pill passing. Creepy to look at these two. I could not imagine being that close to JA. I don't want her cooties!!!

But high 90's- you said low 90's. That is a major difference.
You say High, I say Low. :floorlaugh:

In the scheme of things, the roommates didn't notice and it doesn't matter. IMO

The bigger topic for me is the testibologny of the defendant, I mean "doctor" today. The unethical actions by this "expert", gifts and cards provided to the murderer. The amazing job Mr. Martinez did with throwing the PTSD out the window and off the table for the murderer. It was a great day for the Prosecution!!

Just wondering...
This could be a pill passing going on. If jodi got a couple valium or something, she would have to take them in court so she doesnt get caught with them on the search back to jail. Maybe this is how Jodi got the pills we saw her take. Look at the left hand. Is something being passed?

I dont trust her for a minute.

That does look suspicious....in addition to being a repulsive photo.

I have been searching WS and I cannot find the answer I am seeking, so humor me and please somebody tell me if there has been discussion about JA shaving off TA's pubic hair during her (IMO) staged sex but real torture session?

I think she would do that to make it look like he had prepared for sex. I think it is incongruous that he would manscape his privates while sporting hairy legs. ALso, I notice the area is unnaturally red in his faux sex photo.

What do you brainy super sleuths think?

I'm sorry, anagrammy, but I am pretty sure these are answers we will most probably never know. Speculation could vary wildly - and given my very creative imagination I'm not even going to go there. I think the simplest most likely answer is probably the closest to the truth. Perhaps he did that because of the heat - or at JA's request if it meant she'd perform oral sex. I don't know, but my guess is the answer is probably less interesting than what we could conjure up here. :)

Some guys are so red in that area naturally they're practically purple. I think he shaved his own niblets and Jodi had nothing to do with it. Guys are shaving their bits, chests and nearly everywhere these days just like women. I think guys are also either shaving or clipping these days because of increased use of condoms because of STD's... I've heard a guy I used to date scream his brains loose getting pubes stuck in the condom when trying to get it off. Ever after he got rid of every single hair down there. I much prefer guys being tidy in their nether regions. Sweat collects and dries in the "woods" and smells gross. Guys also claim it makes their dingy look a lot bigger.
I don't think it is a common as Cosmopolitan Magazine and other female magazines state. I think Jodi demanded that he do it . It is apparently common in *advertiser censored*. Putrid Jodi has likely "studied" a lot of deviant *advertiser censored*. This reference (unknown if it is accurate) does not suggest that most young men are doing that.
http://www.spiegel.de/international...c-shaving-trend-baffles-experts-a-636711.html

OMG!! She's not worth defending for One MILLION $$

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-spending-more-than-1-million-to-defend-arias

PHOENIX - Taxpayers could end up spending more than $1 million to defend Jodi Arias in her lengthy murder trial.
Cari Gerchick, Maricopa County Communications Director, told ABC15 the total amount spent on her defense team has been roughly $838,000 and continues to climb.
The cost only pertains to money spent on Arias’ attorneys and does not include jail or court costs.
Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott are serving as Arias’ attorneys in the capital murder trial.
Nurmi has been involved with the case for several years. Willmott was assigned to the case in January 2012.
Arias faces the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder in the June 2008 death of Travis Alexander in his suburban Phoenix home.
Authorities say she planned the attack in a jealous rage. Arias initially told authorities she had nothing to do with it, then blamed it on masked intruders. Two years after her arrest, she said it was self-defense.
Arias spent 18 days on the witness stand, followed by a psychologist called by her defense team.
Court is expected to resume Wednesday afternoon.

Once she's sentenced to death the appeals bill will go up in to the millions more throughout her lifetime. Trust me, I know this one all too well.

When Travis was murdered, the temps were in the 90's.

In Mesa? In JUNE?? Wow - without research that sounds like an anomaly (PHX resident for several years here - about 45 minutes from Mesa).

Today's high was 86F I believe. It's only March.

In May things really start to get baking. It really does feel like oven heat... to me, anyway. :)

Just heard a tidbit from one of the defense attys on HLN:

[paraphrasing]

The reason that they are working so hard to get PTSD in is because of the upcoming DV expert. 'Battered Woman' is NOT a DMSV symptom, but PTSD is. So they need the jury to get onboard with the PTSD diagnosis.

I think they have failed so far.

:confused: DMSV?? tia

There was a Tweet earlier that there might be court on Thursday? I don't tweet, twitter or twat, so I could be wrong. Don't quote me, as we might have 10 more pages on just this. :facepalm:

I don't tweet either. My common sense tells me to ask folks "What will the juror questions be to the Impeached conartist (I mean the totally impeached "expert" witness which he was not). What do you all think would be good questions from the jurors?

1) Why did you feel the need to send JA the self-help book if you were to be inpartial?

Let's hope we get to the jury questions! I can't wait to see what questions they have of the "doctor".

Hopefully, there will be court on Thursday!! This trial is dragggggiiinnnnggg.

Wonder why no Thursday, it looks like the judge would want to move it along but they don't do Fridays and yesterday she told them 10:00 AM and it didn't start until almost or after 10:30 ... then it starts and they go to lunch! :shakehead:

During jury selection, the judge said it would be over by the first of April. :banghead:

So during rebuttal JM will call his own experts to refute Dr. Samuel and Alyce V? Although Dr. Samuel did a good job refuting himself! Does anyone know, from the witness list, who they will be?
I am so looking forward to the rebuttal case.

Quoting my own post..@KCL.....you haven't heard who the State's experts are, have you?

Wonder why no Thursday, it looks like the judge would want to move it along but they don't do Fridays and yesterday she told them 10:00 AM and it didn't start until almost or after 10:30 ... then it starts and they go to lunch! :shakehead:

During jury selection, the judge said it would be over by the first of April. :banghead:

I believe there was a death in the family of one of the attorney's. Someone said there was a funeral on Thursday. If there isn't court, it's unforeseen circumstances and completely understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV