trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is guilty of premediated murder! I also think Juan needs to stop his badgering. It would turn me off as a juror, I would think why is he trying so hard?
I would really hope that a jury wouldn't make such an important decision based on whether or not they liked or disliked an attorney. I agree that Juan can be loud and Nurmi can be goofy but they need to listen to the facts and give a verdict based only on that. I know some jurors tend to focus on attorneys behavior but I just think that is wrong.

It just goes to prove again that Jodi is very aggressive, territorial and confrontational. When she thought this woman was interested in Travis
she hemmed her in the rest room and wouldn't let her leave.
Jodi claims she was nonchalant about his interest in other women.
Just goes to show she was ready for a showdown with very little provocation.

But Clancy had been drinking, so her testimony about those events would be called into question.

And the defense would also say " did she hit you or harm you in any way?'

I don't think it would really be that helpful in the end. JMO

But wasn't Karla forced to leave Canada after she served her time? For some reason I thought that was in a book I read years ago about her and Paul (can't remember the name of the book...it was during one of my fogs :( )

It is irritating to think of Karla living in the Caribbean with her 3 children. She was evil...

I don't believe so. I know she lived in Montreal for awhile after she was released. I'm from the same city where the murders occurred and where her family and victim's family still live. It was a very scary time. She is a monster. After all she did though she made a deal and had very limited jail time. She also took part in jail activities...fashion shows, singing, hanging out with her jail friends. Many Canadians were and still are disgusted and felt justice wasn't served. Don't get me started about her partner in crime, PB. Sick people!!!:banghead:

What proof do we have, other than what has come out of Jodi's mouth, that she and Travis ever even had sex? Phone sex - yes. Self gratification - yes. But, if she really wanted to be forever connected to Travis, she could have just gotten pregnant. I don't believe anything she says. Why should we belive all her stories regarding their sexual activities?

Because we heard it from TA, in the tape he mentions past encounters.

Easy. She brought in a bottle of water and while in the courtroom emptied a packet of crystal light (or whatever) into the bottle. I reuse diet coke bottles as my water bottle when I work out... for whatever that's worth.

This was not the woman who puked. The KatieDDjuror just said on DD that is was an elderly woman sitting in the middle seat/middle row.

No one has ever dared mention the place this woman went back to live. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be judgemental, but when she went back to Yreka, she moved into basically a shack. Her room there was about the size that she probably lives in now. The photos the LE took (from the "burglary" that occurred there) include chite all over the place and junk piled up high. So when she was inviting TA to visit her in Yreka, was she enticing him to her little den at the Grandparent's abode? TA had never seen where she had lived or what her "arrangements" were. I'm not the least bit surprised that she's comfortable in jail. Not much of a difference from what I can see - apart from Starbucks and road trips.

moo

Travis lived much of his childhood in the back of a pickup truck or in a tent thanks to his meth-head parents.

He wouldn't have judged Jodi's grandparents for their modest home.

If he didn't come to visit, it wasn't because her family is poor,MOO.

It was because he didn't want to see JODI.

This is from Day 3. She is pretending she doesn't want to look at her handywork. You know, the pics she had a morbid curiosity to see?

This is her looking at Travis' hand injuries.

She cannot get enough of it!!

nq6b1l.jpg

Yes! She looked at every single photo they showed!

Dr drews juror said the sick lady was in the row behind her and 3 seats over.....if I recall correctly

OMG! So OT but I have to tell you all.... on any other forum I've been on the letters DD stand for 'darling daughter'..... if I have ever posted here about my daughter that is what I would have typed LOLOLOL Here, it is Dr. Drew! LMAO OMG I bet those posts sound ridiculous....'my DD..... " LOLOL

Every time someone writes DA I have to end up re-reading what they wrote because it never makes sense to me.

DA means district attorney (prosecution, state) to me and they are talking about the defense.

LOL, it gets me every time!

This is from Day 3. She is pretending she doesn't want to look at her handywork. You know, the pics she had a morbid curiosity to see?

This is her looking at Travis' hand injuries.

She cannot get enough of it!!

nq6b1l.jpg

Chilling. Sick. Infuriating. $%#@.

Can KCL ping BK and ask her if it smelled of alcohol? When someone vomits alcohol you can smell it (gross I know), but that might be a clue. Whatever that woman was drinking, it was NOT Diet Coke.

I shake my head at that side of the gallery, truly I do. They are so inappropriate in the courtroom it's sad.

Katie Wick said the woman (the puker) was sitting behind her so it couldn't have been the booze smuggler. I hope she wasn't driving tho, because she would have been HAMMERED!

He didn't call Lisa, either. Lisa was a defense witness.

I do think, however, that was because she testified to Travis being rather pushy sexually. But if it is true that Lisa was one of the tire-slashing victims (although I haven't ever seen that she was for sure or if it was Travis' tires BOTH times) then she would have been a great witness for for the prosecution!

My gut feeling for JM not calling many of these women who knew Travis to the stand is that likely many of them had complicated semi-romantic relationships with Travis and that aspect would hurt more than the damaging testimony about JA would help. Deanna, Katy, Ashley, Lisa, Clancy, etc.....

Just my opinion/theory.

I think it may be a credibility issue, actual or perceived. She's also a friend of Dave Hall's, they're all PPL and most likely all LDS in addition to the problem you mentioned. Honestly, I don't believe any of them any more than I believe Jodi. And, btw, the bathroom "confrontation" happened the day AFTER the actual incident and Jodi's testimony about sitting in the stall was about the night of the incident. So, even if you believe both of them, or only Clancy, her story doesn't directly contradict Jodi's testimony, imo

This was not the woman who puked. The KatieDDjuror just said on DD that is was an elderly woman sitting in the middle seat/middle row.

Did I ask if she was the lady who puked? (JM impression)

ETA: Yup. I was commenting on how that lady in the picture got her drink in the courtroom.

Not sure ... she probably under the protected witness program.

I read that book years ago also- should read it again. :cheers:

But wasn't Karla forced to leave Canada after she served her time? For some reason I thought that was in a book I read years ago about her and Paul (can't remember the name of the book...it was during one of my fogs :( )

It is irritating to think of Karla living in the Caribbean with her 3 children. She was evil...

Willmott brought it up in conjunction with one of the test answers (which she went through ONE BY ONE) and Samuels brought up that Arias's brother relayed an indecent.
She was 13 and supposedly accosted at knifepoint.......
Ummmhaa - take it for what's it's worth.
Hmm ... why wasn't this incident brought out on direct exam of either Arias or Samuels ? Sounds fishy to me ... like maybe the DT concocted this fable last night over 2nd and 3rd helpings at the Golden Corral.

One of THE BEST POSTS I've read on this topic. Thank you! I completely agree! :great:

You believe the domestic violence accusation? On Jodi's part? I'm confused.
You think she was a victim of domestic violence??

It just goes to prove again that Jodi is very aggressive, territorial and confrontational. When she thought this woman was interested in Travis
she hemmed her in the rest room and wouldn't let her leave.
Jodi claims she was nonchalant about his interest in other women.
Just goes to show she was ready for a showdown with very little provocation.

Lisa did testify at an earlier date. She was a witness called in by the defense. But of course, WM through cross direct, turned her into a witness for the prosecution. HES GREAT.

Evening all! At the Dr's office today ALL day. Cable is out because my HDMI cord is messed up...

Help! What did I miss?

Attention Please!

Come in peeps! Let's show some compassion. I'm sure the person who got sick in the courtroom is mortified. And no, it wasn't the woman drinking from a 2Liter bottle, the pictures that have been removed, btw.

Please don't post that photo again. It's just a person in the audience who is drinking something other than water. She's NOT the one who got sick. It was an older woman. I hope she feels better tonite. I hope she isn't too embarrassed to go back to the courtroom another day. Katie on DD's said she was a nice lady.

Ok, carry on!

fran
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads