trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Day 3. She is pretending she doesn't want to look at her handywork. You know, the pics she had a morbid curiosity to see?

This is her looking at Travis' hand injuries.

She cannot get enough of it!!

nq6b1l.jpg

Beth Karas InSession
Court was about to resume with the questions to jurors when a spectator got sick in the gallery. She vomited at her seat and again in the hallway. #JodiArias

You just can't make this stuff up!!! Glad it didn't set off a chain reaction...:what:

I'm kind of irritated by how often DD mentions how disturbed he is, "as a man." He keeps commenting on how chilling it is for him and other men he talks to. This is a mental health professional and he describes the same abuse women have been and are subject to at spectacularly higher rates as though it's a revelation to him that such things go on.

Oh Karla H. living it up in the Caribbean with her husband and children.

She made "The Deal with the Devil"... stupid lazy Canadian Law! :furious:

But wasn't Karla forced to leave Canada after she served her time? For some reason I thought that was in a book I read years ago about her and Paul (can't remember the name of the book...it was during one of my fogs :( )

It is irritating to think of Karla living in the Caribbean with her 3 children. She was evil...

Did Katie Wick say which spectator was the one that threw up? I caught the last part of her telling what happened.

Katie Wick said it was an elderly lady that vomited.

I know people here don't like me being critical of Juan, but why hasn't he called Clancy to the stand? Her testimony CAN'T be called hearsay!

He didn't call Lisa, either. Lisa was a defense witness.

I do think, however, that was because she testified to Travis being rather pushy sexually. But if it is true that Lisa was one of the tire-slashing victims (although I haven't ever seen that she was for sure or if it was Travis' tires BOTH times) then she would have been a great witness for for the prosecution!

My gut feeling for JM not calling many of these women who knew Travis to the stand is that likely many of them had complicated semi-romantic relationships with Travis and that aspect would hurt more than the damaging testimony about JA would help. Deanna, Katy, Ashley, Lisa, Clancy, etc.....

Just my opinion/theory.

Off the top of my head, and this is MOO:

-what does she offer? that Jodi is a liar? I think that has been proven by Jodi herself. That Jodi is mean and wouldn't let her leave the ladies room? I think that is getting a bit off message for what Juan is here to prove.
-she was intoxicated at the time (do I have the right story here?), so maybe her memory isn't so great and/or the defense would have a field day with that
-maybe there is something in her background that makes her a bad witness (not trying to disparage the poor woman but who knows anything else about her).

I guess I'm just not seeing how this goes to the heart of the issue here - that Jodi murdered Travis in cold blood. YMMV, MOO, etc.

It just goes to prove again that Jodi is very aggressive, territorial and confrontational. When she thought this woman was interested in Travis
she hemmed her in the rest room and wouldn't let her leave.
Jodi claims she was nonchalant about his interest in other women.
Just goes to show she was ready for a showdown with very little provocation.

OMG! So OT but I have to tell you all.... on any other forum I've been on the letters DD stand for 'darling daughter'..... if I have ever posted here about my daughter that is what I would have typed LOLOLOL Here, it is Dr. Drew! LMAO OMG I bet those posts sound ridiculous....'my DD..... " LOLOL

Sorry, but I'm still wading thru the other thread....

How was erm, "Dr" Samuels mis-pronouncing diplomate? I didn't hear it, I was at school and only able to read y'all's comments?

I pronounce it DI-plah-mate.

Is that wrong? I am from the South if that makes any difference....we sometimes say things "funny" down here.....:lol:

You are so cute!!

I don't agree with your opinion about Travis. Many have been in relationships and have been infatuated at first then they come to their senses and realize they don't need this person in their lives. Men and women have both been known to think with something else other than their brains. Its not just a male thing. Women have walked out on a good husband and even her own children to go to a jerk because he gave her better sex. Its unfair to say that Travis is to blame for his own murder and it was caused because it was all about sex with JA imo.

This has nothing to do with Travis being gaa gaa over sex with Arias. This is a domestic violence abuse case that ended in homicide when the victimizer became enraged because the victim finally had the courage to reject the dangerous abuser. Just like so many others before and after Travis have paid the ultimate price for having the courage to do the same. Victims are more prone to being murdered after a break up than at any other time.

JA like so many stalker/abuser.. whether they be male or females.. they are extremely dangerous and will not take 'no' for an answer. Just like she ignored him when he told her there wasn't room for her to stay at his home and she wasn't his girlfriend. Just like she ignored him when he told her to leave him alone.:furious:

JA used sex as a tool and even that was no longer enough. He didn't want the sex and he didn't want her in his life anymore and he died because of it. Travis had not even seen her once since she moved and had no intentions of doing so. Travis' life was moving on and better without JA in it. His friends said he was happy she moved. I am sure he felt relief for the first time in a long time. No more slashed tires, peering in his windows, coming into his home without permission when he was with someone else.

But being the psychopath stalker she is she came to his home unannounced so she could end the relationship HER way and take control away from Travis.:furious: If he had sex with her that day he was coerced (another tragic thing that happens to DV victims) into having sex he did not want hoping like hell she would once go and would leave him alone. Imo, that is why he talked sex talk with her knowing she was a 1000 miles away. He wanted to keep her that way........at a far distance!:furious:

One of THE BEST POSTS I've read on this topic. Thank you! I completely agree! :great:

The jurors on Dr Drew...please tell us who vomited and tell us if it was the cosmo chug lady!!

Can KCL ping BK and ask her if it smelled of alcohol? When someone vomits alcohol you can smell it (gross I know), but that might be a clue. Whatever that woman was drinking, it was NOT Diet Coke.

I shake my head at that side of the gallery, truly I do. They are so inappropriate in the courtroom it's sad.

Yes...but in Canada she would be convicted and a free woman after 10 years...aka Karla Homolka.

I wish our justice system was like the American system sometimes. JMO

Hey! I'm in Canada too. You can't compare Karla to Jodi. Karla made her deal before LE found the videos showing she was an active participant in the crimes. Holmoka got lucky. Jodi had no such option. Too much forensic evidence to prove she did it. With the Bernardo/Holmoka case, if they found the videos beforehand, Karla would also be serving a life sentence. The cops screwed up for not finding the videos in the house before her deal, but come on! No comparison.

Or I should add that the crown attoreys screwed up by making their deal with the devil before LE found the videos. Either way, Karla got a sweet deal. Had the vidoes been found, she'd be in for life (probably with a dangerous offender designation = indefinite incarceration).

In S. Fl. courtrooms there was no eating or drinking allowed. There is enough breaks IMO in this courtroom that people can go and get a drink from the vending machines or the water fountains. I don't think any trial is that important that if you don't feel good to go home and not spread your germs all over everyone.

OMG! So OT but I have to tell you all.... on any other forum I've been on the letters DD stand for 'darling daughter'..... if I have ever posted here about my daughter that is what I would have typed LOLOLOL Here, it is Dr. Drew! LMAO OMG I bet those posts sound ridiculous....'my DD..... " LOLOL

You wouldn't happen to be a Baby Center poster would you? :seeya:

I think she is guilty of premediated murder! I also think Juan needs to stop his badgering. It would turn me off as a juror, I would think why is he trying so hard?

Some people don't get it! And thus the badgering!
I think he's brilliant!
But we can agree to disagree! That's what makes us all unique.
I for one cannot stomach ! To see wilmott act. like a petulant child!
She's been doing this long enough to show some respect to even the judge and the state. Totaly unprofessional! I don't think the defense realize how the jury perceives them. Or they just don't care, it's more about winning at Travis families expense. I don't know how they sleep at night.
I've never seen such disrespect and so many tantrums from another attorney.

No one has ever dared mention the place this woman went back to live. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be judgemental, but when she went back to Yreka, she moved into basically a shack. Her room there was about the size that she probably lives in now. The photos the LE took (from the "burglary" that occurred there) include chite all over the place and junk piled up high. So when she was inviting TA to visit her in Yreka, was she enticing him to her little den at the Grandparent's abode? TA had never seen where she had lived or what her "arrangements" were. I'm not the least bit surprised that she's comfortable in jail. Not much of a difference from what I can see - apart from Starbucks and road trips.

moo

I've always pronounced it 'dip luh mate.' He's pronouncing it "dip LO mate.'

You and I pronounce it about the same, i think. I stress the first syllable and pronounce the second syllable as a schwa sound.

I am relieved that I haven't butchered this word the dozen or so times I have used it in my lifetime, :rofl:

Who knows...maybe that WAS a goal of hers but she just didn't get pregnant. Anal and BJs won't get you pregnant and just because you have vaginal sex doesn't mean you will automatically get knocked up either.

The only reason I think that MIGHT not have been a goal of Jodi's is because she is such a narrcisst and obsessed with travis affection, a baby might have been a threat to jodi.

Moo:fence:
i think she would have gotten very jealous of a baby. lucky she didn't have any

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members