trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other possibility - after stealing the weapon she decided to take it out in the woods and figure how to shoot it. It is possible that bloody finger shown in her June 1 photo did not happen at work but rather resulted from a slide pinch from the weapon. This of course is dependent on the fact she didn't really know how to properly use a semi auto weapon which function well enough if clean and properly oiled. Don't know how meticulous her Grandfather might have been about maintaining the weapon. It is possible she was just much more comfortable with a knife, i.e. food service background, slashed tires accomplished and who knows what else.
Interesting...I recall seeing the pic she took of hand injury but not much of what it looked like. Slide injuries are typically to the webbing/skin between the thumb and index finger when they are holding the gun wrong and the slide catches that skin.and rips it. I don't recall when the pic was taken of that injury - was it after the date the gun was stolen? Which I think was on 5/28?

What happened to trutv programming? They don't show the trial highlights anymore?

I think it's because of the NCAA Tournament. They start airing games at 11 am on trutv today. I have no clue why that would matter with InSession since it's over at 11 anyway, but I looked on my guide and it's not scheduled for tomorrow either, but is back on Monday. Go figure....

Originally Posted by Rosemary Pierce View Post
I have just spent the last hour and a half talking about this case with my mother. Ladies and Gents.....if there are people on the jury like her, this will not turn out good. She just can't fathom JA pulling off this murder (her dragging TA down the hall mostly) OMG I wanted to drag her!
I finally just had to get off of the phone

Rosemary: Just ask her what she would do if she came out of the house and saw you pinned under your car? Would she lift that car right off the ground to free you? Oh...wait...a couple of days before you ask. :floorlaugh:

It's probably best to not bring it up again. My Mother thought oj was innocent, needless to say I lost all respect for her after that. True.

There has been a lot of debate about which came first, the shot or the stabbing (even though the ME has explained the scientific evidence he used to conclude it was the stabbing). Those who disagree with him say it doesn't make sense that she would use the knife first when she she'd gone to the trouble of stealing a gun to that, I have two comments:

1). She is not a normal person...her logic and the logic of a reasonable person are two different things...maybe she wanted to kill him up close and personal so she brought a knife as her first choice and the gun as a backup option...maybe she started to worry that the gun would make too much noise.

Or

2). She did try to use the gun first but she dropped it or he saw it, struggled with her and knocked it out of her hands..it slid across the room and he scrambled for the gun, not realizing she had a knife too. In this scenario she stabs him as he's trying to get to the gun.

I know, anything's possible..just trying to offer an explanation that explains why she didn't just shoot him first.

My current hypothesis is that she planned to shoot him and thus stole the gun, but on her long road trip she saw a knife somewhere, and thought "What fun!" You might even be able to buy a knife at a convenience store or some gas stations, I would think. IIRC, the knife had a 5-1/2" blade, so not a huge butcher knife.

BBM

Again Rose :seeya: ......I agree with you.
I will have to say that i'm not a strong believer in the death penalty but the only reason I would want it for someone is because they will have to spend 23 hours in their cell and pretty much be isolated from everyone. If they have Life in prison-I believe it is pretty much like being in general pop.

Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
TartLemon...it's the same thing in every trial. All is takes is one juror to get a hung jury but most of the time juries do get it right. I'm convinced that due to the overwhelming evidence in this case that this jury will convict JA of first-degree murder. The only real discussion they might have is whether to sentence her to life in prison or death.

I used to believe that, too, but the Casey Anthony trial was so disappointing (understatement of the year). Then, I would hear the attorneys say in interviews that they don't even make guesses on how a jury will decide.

I used to think the general pop. would take care of (kill )the real creeps, but then Scott Peterson came along and the inmates, so it was reported, understood because he was really just killing his wife, and the baby died as a result of that. :what:

I always believed in the DP - thanks, home state for repealing it, snark!, I guess I need to move to TX, where "if you kill somebody, we'll kill you back". BBM :twocents:

Man, that is sad.

I admit I was startled at first by JM's aggressive cross examination of JA. But then I read this, which somebody else posted:

http://pathwhisperer.wordpress.com/...earch-today-how-to-cross-examine-a-sociopath/

This article totally changed my mind. Maybe your boyfriend and Frayed's husband could take a look.

Thanks...my boyfriend is just SO over it...he thinks she deff deserves the needle, but has secretly been watching that new After Dark(?) show? I dont watch it...anyhoo he is convinced it will be a hung jury or acquital because cannot believe that 12 people will all agree to convict her...we shall see ...he is currently home alot after having a partial kidney removed due to cancer and seems to be falling for some of the talking heads hype :great:

Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
TartLemon...it's the same thing in every trial. All is takes is one juror to get a hung jury but most of the time juries do get it right. I'm convinced that due to the overwhelming evidence in this case that this jury will convict JA of first-degree murder. The only real discussion they might have is whether to sentence her to life in prison or death.

I used to believe that, too, but the Casey Anthony trial was so disappointing (understatement of the year). Then, I would hear the attorneys say in interviews that they don't even make guesses on how a jury will decide.

I used to think the general pop. would take care of (kill )the real creeps, but then Scott Peterson came along and the inmates, so it was reported, understood because he was really just killing his wife, and the baby died as a result of that. :what:

I always believed in the DP - thanks, home state for repealing it, snark!, I guess I need to move to TX, where "if you kill somebody, we'll kill you back". BBM :twocents:

Dang right! :rocker:

It is so nice to have a place to go to get answers. Was wondering about InSession and now I know. Thanks. Websleuths is a Great Place!

It's just a difference of opinion, why is that so offensive to some?

Because people are very passionate in their beliefs. Therefore, anyone who disagrees with them is wrong, or stupid? :waitasec:

:dunno:

Is there somewhere I can find the text messages between Travis and Jodi all in one place? (Sorry if this has been asked and answered a million times!) Thanks.

They were doing only 2 hrs per day 8-10 CST. Looks like now it is gone completely! :waitasec:

Softail, wasn't there some talk about malt vinegar awhile back? It seems to be missing from your condiments lineup. :highfive:

I like the 2 hr review on IS each morning. After WS discussion and stuff sometime I get confused about what I saw/heard.

IS isn't there this morning. Gone forever?:hills:

I like the 2 hr review on IS each morning. After WS discussion and stuff sometime I get confused about what I saw/heard.

IS isn't there this morning. Gone forever?:hills:

They are trying to secure their audience for the NCAA games. imo

Thanks...my boyfriend is just SO over it...he thinks she deff deserves the needle, but has secretly been watching that new After Dark(?) show? I dont watch it...anyhoo he is convinced it will be a hung jury or acquital because cannot believe that 12 people will all agree to convict her...we shall see ...he is currently home alot after having a partial kidney removed due to cancer and seems to be falling for some of the talking heads hype :great:

Hope your boyfriend does okay. Sending you both some cyber (((((hugs))))) even if he is a little, shall we say, misguided. :floorlaugh:

Good morning everyone! I see the conversation has been around stalking. I don't know if one can classify this as 'stalking' but the boy who lives with me, Mike, has a girlfriend he's had for a couple of years now. Recently, I've been hearing stories about how she drives by my house at all hours just to check to make sure Mike is home. It's gotten to the point that if he goes anywhere without her (with his friends), he leaves his truck in front of my home so she thinks he is home. One night I woke up (not sure of the time) and saw light coming in my window, I looked out and she was parked, lights on, in front of my house (I live in a cul-de-sac and when you pull up to my house on the street you pull in front end towards the house), just sitting there. I don't know who was in the car, it was 'her' truck but Mike may have been in there talking to her.

One morning she sat at the bottom of my street waiting for me to leave for work. Once I left she drove up to the house, parked, and rang the bell for 15 straight minutes (my son called and told me...he said he didn't want to answer the door).

Mike is still dating her so I don't know if I would classify this behavior as stalking but dang...it sure is creepy at times!

Oh...and she is not welcome in my home, she's said some pretty off-color things about me (even though she's never met me) because I require Mike to pay a very minimal 'rent' ($40 per week) and he didn't pay one week and she said I was a lying b**ch, and since then has voiced her dislike of me to Mike (who then told my sons). What she fails to realize that had I not opened my home to Mike he would have had to move across the state, basically ending their relationship as they knew it.

Sorry for the O/T. I look forward to the juror's questions today. So far they have been spot on with their questions. I hope there is one today that says "You didn't do your job properly, you formed an opinion based on a Time magazine article, you failed to write an addendum to your report with information that was germane to this case, what exactly qualifies you to testify here?" or something to that effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member