trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally, court was scheduled to be dark today and Friday is always dark. I quick scan through my guide revealed In Session is scheduled for Monday :rocker:

Trial is scheduled to continue today.

Here's the source:

CourtCalendar_zps4c58949a.jpg

From Maricopa County Superior Court; Judge Sherry Stephens' Docket...

Out of curiosity, do we have any examples of psychopaths? Meaning is there anyone in history that we have enough evidence on that is roundly considered a psychopath?

And I agree with you- I am able to split my feelings of compassion for the children these people were, and my horror/anger/protectiveness against the people they became and the choices they made. The Steubenville boys are possibly redeemable, based on their age and the treatment they are supposed to receive. Jodi I think is too far gone to be redeemable. I say that based on my belief that she is not remorseful and that she will never confess the true story with Travis, will try to 'kill him again' in her testimony now and for the years to come, and that she would kill again.

Sociopaths are much more common in our society, and can live seemingly normal lives. Some are very successful, albeit manipulative. Scott Petersen is a good example, but not all sociopaths kill. Some are pathological liars, thieves. Not all of them break the law, but when you get to know them you will see a pattern of mind games and manipulation. I have personally known several.

Psychopaths have no empathy. Sometimes you can tell by looking in the eyes (at least I can). They send a cold shiver down the spine. How do you explain a child who early on seems to enjoy hurting animals and watching things die? Some people become so depraved that they become like sharks viewing others as the prey. They like pain, both experiencing it and causing it. HH Holmes, Ed Gein, Albert Fish, Gordon Northcott, Ted Bundy, Gary Ridgeway...there are so many. Not all serial killers are psycopaths, though. And some psychopaths only kill once, because they are caught quickly, Darryl Littlejohn, for instance. Do all psychopaths become killers, though? I think many pedophiles are psychopaths, and quite often this escalates to murder. Mental illness is not the same thing as psychopathy, and many killers are mentally ill. Charles Manson, I think, falls into that category.

I find it so bizarre that there is so much whispering about Dr Doolittle "having the hots" or however you want to put it for JA. Any man that would find her appealing in any way shape or form (even if they were to believe she was defending herself) knowing what she is capable of...would have to be a complete mental case in addition to being out of his ever-lovin' mind.

Dr. Doolittle! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Far and away the best nickname yet!

I'm sure it will be nothing but lies. :banghead: I know I won't be wasting my time reading that one.:facepalm:

i think the best use for the pages of any book she writes is for toilet paper-- i would never ever read anything that biotch writes; every word that spews out of her mouth has always been a lie and of course she would continue on with the lies- making money off her deceased child, that she murdered is beyond disgusting and no casey, i don't really care about your "life story".

I find it so bizarre that there is so much whispering about Dr Doolittle "having the hots" or however you want to put it for JA. Any man that would find her appealing in any way shape or form (even if they were to believe she was defending herself) knowing what she is capable of...would have to be a complete mental case in addition to being out of his ever-lovin' mind.

How many "experts" get to see nude and vulgar pics of their client? That has to be very appealing. :floorlaugh:

Sex drive is quite strong in human males.

In my opinion, that was Travis's undoing -- when it was leveraged by a lying torture-murderess, of course.

There has been debate about TA not being able to refuse and some have taken offense at that but I thought this was interesting...

http://www.webmd.com/sex/features/sex-drive-how-do-men-women-compare

Men are just phyisologically different then females. Not wanting to start up the debate as to weather one can resist or not I just thought this was interesting.

i think the best use for the pages of any book she writes is for toilet paper-- i would never ever read anything that biotch writes; every word that spews out of her mouth has always been a lie and of course she would continue on with the lies- making money off her deceased child, that she murdered is beyond disgusting and no casey, i don't really care about your "life story".

I feel the same way about any book "Dr. Doolittle" might write about JA!:banghead:

Yes, he reported it loaded. That's why the Jodi lovers are questioning the bullets b/c if it's not the kind Paw Paw had than it's not his gun!

... and they don't think the defence haven't tried every which way but down to find those bullets are different? Riiiiight!

Will all of the 100 ?'s be asked or will both sides be allowed to look at them and then ask that certain ones be thrown out?

They were able to throw out questions earlier, so I guess they can do same now. I bet a majority of the questions relate to the validity of his "testing" of Jodi for PTSD. Looking forward to the questions.

I am not an Arizona attorney, but their Rule 615 is similar to the federal rule. I would think a testifying "expert" on her mental state would be considered essential to counsel in presenting their case. Remember, this is a DP case. There may be AZ case law on this, but I don't have the ability to research that right now. Further, the alleged statement of the brother was not trial testimony. A mental health expert would certainly be expected to review all available evidence (which Samuels did NOT). His failure to interview the family is an egregious error on his part. But I don't think he violated the "rule" by accessing an alleged interview with her brother. I suspect this will be the subject of a number of the jury questions, and JM will question him about it too.

Gotcha. Perhaps your right about the DP distinction, I don't know. 615 is probably moot in this case anyway, since the entire proceeding is televised.

It's pretty clear the good Dr. is making this stuff up on the fly. The DT had to find a way to get around the "how can you use a test that someone lied on?" admission, so they got together and agreed (wink, wink), that the Dr. utilized this "brother" info in his evaluation. It's weird to me that, although it's allowed in AZ, they don't tend to re-cross (very fertile area here for JM). I guess the juror questions are meant to address that, but if they don't raise the issue, then it's beyond the scope of their follow up. <shrug>

Not to be mean, but I would think the doc would take ANY female attention he got....KWIM?

Yes, he reported it loaded. That's why the Jodi lovers are questioning the bullets b/c if it's not the kind Paw Paw had than it's not his gun!

To that I say there is a reason the ammunition manufacturer was identified by JM during his cross of Jodi. JMO, JM has a very specific reason for some of the things he says at rather poignant moments. Ammo is easy to obtain, I can't understand why anyone would believe that nonsense for a minute. If it turns out it was the same ammo Paw Paw used, they will scream it was easy to obtain so it is a moot point. However, ammo has lot numbers for a reason and that reason has everything to do with trace metal contents and powder formulations...just saying.

Just popping in this morning to say I am not going to be able to be around much today . . . (dreaded yearly physical with Dr.) and a meeting later in the day.

Hoping someone will be around to transcribe for those who are not able to watch or listen to the trial . . . any takers?

Thank you all! So does it make sense to say that a psychopath is born, there are is no childhood trauma that can be pointed to, and even with attempts to redirect life/therapy, person ends up a criminal or murderer? Or do we know yet? I think this research is in it's infancy and treatment is being attempted for the kids labeled as untreatable, but are there any known 'survivors' yet?

I'm sure it will be nothing but lies. :banghead: I know I won't be wasting my time reading that one.:facepalm:

Heh! She should maybe wait awhile then her and Jodi can
Do one of thosr two for the price of one books...
You know the first half of the book
Caseys lies and the second half of the book Jodis lies

And the diary entries (lies) about 4 men wanting to date her in one night!!!!! WHAT?!? As I said before, even her own boyfriends didn't want her bucket of crazy, so why would so many other men be after her? She certainly has a deluded opinion of herself. If she was so wonderful and sought after, why did guys have to try to beat her off with a stick and move thousands of miles away to escape her crazy???

I suspect that 65 year old rotund balding Dr. Samuels found JA fascinating. I am sure JA in interacting with this so-called psychologist put on her best act to be demur, charming, flirtatious, and coquettish. It is abundantly clear that Samuels reciprocally came to “like” this lady thus obliterating all claims to objectivity with respect to producing an unbiased assessment.

... and they don't think the defence haven't tried every which way but down to find those bullets are different? Riiiiight!

Well, that was my thought also. But when those Jodi lovers latch onto something (as they must keep doing b/c they are grasping at straws) they act like they need to bring it to Nurmi's attention. On the other hand, why wouldn't Juan say Paw Paw's gun had the same kind of bullets that went into his head?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams