trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it was a sharp edged knife on one side only. I would think the blade had to be quite a bit longer than 3" for it to completely be able to cut all the way across his throat from ear to ear and was so deep it almost decapitated him. It reminds me of a military knife.......like a K-Bar. 2" wide x 6' long.

imo

BBM = Six feet? :waitasec:

K-Bar's not quite that long. About seven inches. :D

I find it so bizarre that there is so much whispering about Dr Doolittle "having the hots" or however you want to put it for JA. Any man that would find her appealing in any way shape or form (even if they were to believe she was defending herself) knowing what she is capable of...would have to be a complete mental case in addition to being out of his ever-lovin' mind.

Oh gosh, 100+ questions for the Doc from the jury.....

This should be interesting.

Hopefully at least one will ask him to explain how stalking works with a non assertive person who suffers from PTSD :D

They are trying to secure their audience for the NCAA games. imo

Originally, court was scheduled to be dark today and Friday is always dark. I quick scan through my guide revealed In Session is scheduled for Monday :rocker:

Out of curiosity, do we have any examples of psychopaths? Meaning is there anyone in history that we have enough evidence on that is roundly considered a psychopath?

And I agree with you- I am able to split my feelings of compassion for the children these people were, and my horror/anger/protectiveness against the people they became and the choices they made. The Steubenville boys are possibly redeemable, based on their age and the treatment they are supposed to receive. Jodi I think is too far gone to be redeemable. I say that based on my belief that she is not remorseful and that she will never confess the true story with Travis, will try to 'kill him again' in her testimony now and for the years to come, and that she would kill again.

Charles Manson and Ted Bundy come to mind.

I find it so bizarre that there is so much whispering about Dr Doolittle "having the hots" or however you want to put it for JA. Any man that would find her appealing in any way shape or form (even if they were to believe she was defending herself) knowing what she is capable of...would have to be a complete mental case in addition to being out of his ever-lovin' mind.

Sex drive is quite strong in human males.

In my opinion, that was Travis's undoing -- when it was leveraged by a lying torture-murderess, of course.

Well unfortunately we have snow on the ground and a temp of 10 degrees today. Surely the flowers are blooming in AZ though and that's where we need the hope!

We have snow on the ground too, hopeful. This pic seems out of place because I really thought I placed it in the prayer thread. Surprise. Anyway you are here so I will let it stay if that is OK.

There's something I really want to say here...and I hope it's taken in the spirit that it's offered.

Reading through the posts this morning, I've seen a few instances of people saying that their own personal relationships are being affected because of disagreements over this trial. Don't let this trial come between you and your loved ones. It's not worth it, and to some degree, it allows Jodi Arias power over YOU.

Fortunately, my husband walks in the door and says, "Have they killed her yet?" but even if he didn't support my POV, I wouldn't let the trial come between us.

All of my friends and family have the same opinion I do...even my 87 year old mother in law believes she is guilty as hell. We all believe she is one of the worst and should be put to death.

My hubby comes in from work and watches the trial with me in the afternoon. I have to catch him up on testimony that happened in the morning. He usually doesn't get that interested in the cases I have watched over the years although he is a sweetie pie and has always asked me how the cases are going.

So all is good here where Ocean lives.:great:

Will all of the 100 ?'s be asked or will both sides be allowed to look at them and then ask that certain ones be thrown out?

I'm about to leave for lunch, but want to say a few things first:

1. Vinnie is recruiting jururs for the new HLN show on Twitter, for goodness sake. I have heard that some pro-defense sites are pleading for pro-defense folks in North Georgia to participate. The Phoenix jury was not recruited on Twitter!

2. I'm glad the jury isn't sequestered, and I'm willing to bet that by the time they get home at night the last thing they want to think about is Jodi Arias. So I doubt they're itching to turn on HLN or Fox.

3. The "Pinellas 12" was a fluke, and I say that as a Floridian whose own county recently put Gary Michael Hilton on death row.

4. Sequestered juries are much more likely (MOO) to identify with the defendant because they and the defendant are the only ones in the courtroom who are not free to go home at night.

BBM. Is this for the Andrea Sneiderman case? Good luck with that.

@JoHunt - I'm here. Wondering why she would throw the camera in the wash, as opposed to getting rid of the camera altogether. And why was the camera there in the first place? And how does a camera accidentally take sequential pictures of a murder?

Why the wash is a mystery as she was supposed to be a photographer. Some think it was an accident as she did throw bloody towels etc in the wash with bleach. Some think she didn't know the deleted photos would be recovered especially since it was washed.

She couldn't get rid of the camera some suspect, because it was TA's new camera and if that was the only thing missing it would point to the photographer JA (even tho friends of TA immediatly pointed to her anyway).

She said she was taking photos of TA in the shower trying to recreate a Calvin Kline ad by TA's request. Some think she was just getting him in a vunerable position (enclosed shower) to kill him.

Accidental photos some suspect are from kicking, dropping during the struggle as the "dragging" photo was upside down.

Also pm me if we loose each other in this thread it will start moving way to fast when the trial starts up. Until then lots of folks here that will try to catch you up as well:)

Soon glad for trial today because we are driving 11 hrs and have xm radio to get HLN !!!!! Can't post much tho cuz I am struggling with this new tablet ugh

That is good and bad! Last week on our roadtrip, we listened. The commercials drove me nuts! :banghead:

Have a good trip! :)

I think it is compassion. I assuage my guilt at feeling any sadness for people like Jodi and the boys of Steubenville in remembering that what I am feeling sad for is the human potential they had and squandered, and the child they once were. I get a little stymied when the conversation turns to 'the bad seed' sort of dialogue, as I am not sure if I believe or understand how sociopaths become (are they born? are they made?) sociopaths, but anyway.

It can be both, like BritsKate said. I have seen cases at work where their history appears to show a very dysfunctional and icky childhood. Then there are a few cases I have seen, in kids' unit, where literally from toddlerhood there have been issues. And then I have seen ones who have both going for them-chemistry and poor childhood. So it can be any number of things. Barring chemistry.....the best thing anyone can do is be a good non-abusive non-dysfunctional parent the best that you can. If there are major issues, chemistry et. al, get professional help for all involved. I am not a professional of course.....but just stating what I have seen at my job.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I had to check-out yesterday, couldn't stand the BS from the doc. I flipped on HLN long enough to see a court watcher threw up. I would have too! LOL

I'm all set for Juror questions!

I talked to a doctor friend of mine who's a psychiatrist & teaches at UTSAHSC in San Antonio (med school)--I asked him if our brain acts like Samuels posited during acute stress--that memories don't implant and we have amnesia for the stressful event

He said he doesn't agree with that on a simple biological level since that would mean that if an animal is confronted by a predator and escapes, but can't remember the incident, that animal will make the same mistakes again since it cannot learn from the incident. AND he doesn't believe there is amnesia as Jodi has presented it.

Thank goodness for your psychiatrist friend!!! It just doesn't happen unless there is traumatic brain injury!! or they are unconscious duh! Believe Arias was not unconscious. Travis was til his heart stopped!! ((( Travis )))

PTSD is a disorder in which the person is unable to let go of intensity of the traumatic event reliving it over and over. It is not because they don't want to let go, they aren't able to let go w/o intense therapy to learn tools and emotional help.

This Samuel is just a paid fraud.. just sickening :furious:

My professional opinion!

I am not an Arizona attorney, but their Rule 615 is similar to the federal rule. I would think a testifying "expert" on her mental state would be considered essential to counsel in presenting their case. Remember, this is a DP case. There may be AZ case law on this, but I don't have the ability to research that right now. Further, the alleged statement of the brother was not trial testimony. A mental health expert would certainly be expected to review all available evidence (which Samuels did NOT). His failure to interview the family is an egregious error on his part. But I don't think he violated the "rule" by accessing an alleged interview with her brother. I suspect this will be the subject of a number of the jury questions, and JM will question him about it too.

Bringing an expert witness into the court and allowing him/her to cite literature of highly dubious validity seems like a serious violation of trial conduct and rules of evidence. Self -serving JA family palaver reprinted in a news article should not be presented before a jury.

If JA were attacked by a knife wielding villain at age 13 then she should have so stated on direct exam. That is a highly relevant material allegation.
For her brother to say she was attacked is hearsay.
For her brother to claim this and have the statement printed in a newspaper is an issue dealing with right to free speech.

For Samuels to testify that “ I read in the National Inquirer that JA brother in a prior NI interview said that JA told him that …….”is utterly preposterous.

Maybe Darryl did. Or Matt. MOO.

That's actually a question I've had. When Paw Paw reported the gun stolen, did he report loaded or unloaded?

Yes, he reported it loaded. That's why the Jodi lovers are questioning the bullets b/c if it's not the kind Paw Paw had than it's not his gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams