trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just logging in. Missed court after 5:30 and reading recap. Did court seriously get cancelled because someone hurled?? Maybe they were sick of listening to the doc spew biased favoritism while reading off his notes because he knows utterly nothing of value about this case.

It's true. Nothing in this case surprises me anymore. May as well just call it The Twilight Zone.

Hope your boyfriend does okay. Sending you both some cyber (((((hugs))))) even if he is a little, shall we say, misguided. :floorlaugh:

Thanks ! Hehe he is suffering from bored housewives syndrom
I do believe and he is alot misguided lol

Just logging in. Missed court after 5:30 and reading recap. Did court seriously get cancelled because someone hurled?? Maybe they were sick of listening to the doc spew biased favoritism while reading off his notes because he knows utterly nothing of value about this case.

Yes; the regurgitation event unfolded near the end of the day.

I agree also, CA looked like crap without her make-up, tan and tight little clothes.
With Jodi it is the look she gives Juan every now and then. It is pure evil. You can see her temper rising and then you can see her rein it in because she knows/catches herself.

And when she rolled her eyes at him. That floored me. This is a case of murder, life or death for you, literally. And you're being so cocky and crass as to roll your eyes at the prosecutor?? That takes balls. Big ones.

Really? I'm not saying your wrong, but FRE 615 seems to only allow experts in the courtroom that are essential to counsel in presenting their case...i.e. investigators, trial consultants, etc. Maybe AZ has a local rule that differs from FRE? Samuels doesn't seem to qualify. I do agree that unless the judge has specifically ordered that Samuels doesn't watch the trial, he can do so.

I am not an Arizona attorney, but their Rule 615 is similar to the federal rule. I would think a testifying "expert" on her mental state would be considered essential to counsel in presenting their case. Remember, this is a DP case. There may be AZ case law on this, but I don't have the ability to research that right now. Further, the alleged statement of the brother was not trial testimony. A mental health expert would certainly be expected to review all available evidence (which Samuels did NOT). His failure to interview the family is an egregious error on his part. But I don't think he violated the "rule" by accessing an alleged interview with her brother. I suspect this will be the subject of a number of the jury questions, and JM will question him about it too.

I'm about to leave for lunch, but want to say a few things first:

1. Vinnie is recruiting jururs for the new HLN show on Twitter, for goodness sake. I have heard that some pro-defense sites are pleading for pro-defense folks in North Georgia to participate. The Phoenix jury was not recruited on Twitter!

2. I'm glad the jury isn't sequestered, and I'm willing to bet that by the time they get home at night the last thing they want to think about is Jodi Arias. So I doubt they're itching to turn on HLN or Fox.

3. The "Pinellas 12" was a fluke, and I say that as a Floridian whose own county recently put Gary Michael Hilton on death row.

4. Sequestered juries are much more likely (MOO) to identify with the defendant because they and the defendant are the only ones in the courtroom who are not free to go home at night.

Okay, so I didn't really pay attention to the doc yesterday b/c it was so boring and I just don't know what to make of him anymore. But one thing I just want to make certain I heard-the doc said the 2nd time Jodi was tied up her hands and ankles were tied up-correct? And as far as we know only the hands were tied up on the 2nd go round-correct?

$250/hour doesn't go as far as it used to.

Can AZ taxpayers get a refund?

12 men and 6 women on the jury ... Why would the defense have thought men would be more sympathetic to Jodi than women. I certainly wouldn't have thought so.

I thought there was 11 men and 7 women picked?

While HLN After Dark is just for foolish entertainment it does bother me that every darn time the verdict came back hung 10 to 2 it was always females.:banghead:

Did anyone else notice that? Uggggh.

So I hope more men are chosen than females. They aren't as emotional and are more matter of fact than some women can be, imo.

I think her window for selling her story has long passed. I can't imagine any publisher would think it would be a good investment.

I understand that she's taking the opposite approach that O.J. attempted.

CA's book is to be titled, "If I Didn't Do It"...

I talked to a doctor friend of mine who's a psychiatrist & teaches at UTSAHSC in San Antonio (med school)--I asked him if our brain acts like Samuels posited during acute stress--that memories don't implant and we have amnesia for the stressful event

He said he doesn't agree with that on a simple biological level since that would mean that if an animal is confronted by a predator and escapes, but can't remember the incident, that animal will make the same mistakes again since it cannot learn from the incident. AND he doesn't believe there is amnesia as Jodi has presented it.

I believe that a substantial portion of Samuels’ testimony was either completely wrong or quite misleading. It was obvious that Samuels was merely a member of the JA team. He constructed a psych evaluation tailor made for the JA defense.

His discussion of memory and the impulse of “fight or flight” was overly simplistic and in this case was very misleading. Samuels testimony does violence to the body of literature on human memory.
The psychologic testing he conducted was invalid and improperly administered. Samuels conclusions are mostly in error despite his protestations “clinical judgment SIR!”

An authentic expert should be able to debunk almost all of Samuels testimony.

BBM

More bookend bs that goes to her state of mind, imo.

She would carry the fear of that childhood attack through to the date of the murder- the implication being she'd be more easily startled or prone to freak out in an effort to protect herself. It's a hail mary to try to explain the overkill. Problem is, unless you have the 18 most dense people on planet earth, none of them will believe it.

No I think those folks are in Florida! :banghead:

I thought there was 11 men and 7 women picked?

While HLN After Dark is just for foolish entertainment it does bother me that every darn time the verdict came back hung 10 to 2 it was always females.:banghead:

Did anyone else notice that? Uggggh.

So I hope more men are chosen than females. They aren't as emotional and are more matter of fact than some women can be, imo.

I think they did that on purpose. You know, for dramatic effect. :twocents:

How did this even get to be said in court anyway? I missed most of yesterday since it came on late. I had to pick my kiddo up then we had homework and study time. I did not get to go back over that part and hear for myself how it was said or if there was an objection. If that is not hear say then what is? Heck you can not say so and so told me this is. He made it seem like he heard it in an interview done by someone else. Newspapers and news on TV have been known to take things out of context, snip and clip to get the biggest OMG moment all the time.

Where's the police report? Was there an arrest? Come on. This is a totally made up lie, thrown in at the last minute, to suggest this is the 'stranger' attack she was talking about on that bogus test.

Don'tcha think if jodi had a knife held to her throat at ANY point in her life, we would have heard about it long before this? Maybe during the endless saga of her childhood and teen years? I despise defense tactics like this and hope the jury is as pissed as I am.

I was reading the Jodi lovers site last night and saw that they are on a mission to reveal that the bullet that shot Travis is not the kind of bullets in her paw paw's gun. Has that been addressed? Certainly Jodi didn't take the time to change out the bullets that were in the gun that she STOLE FROM PAW PAW.....

Good Morning Everyone!:seeya:

Looking forward to juror questions today, I am so hoping some have knowledge of PTSD.

Side note, I am also hoping the judge ordered sick baggies for court spectators, seriously.

My husband is retired law enforcement and worked a homicide by throat slashing. The defendant was paid to kill this woman and in the process cut himself. When he was picked up for questioning, DH being the thoughtful person he is, asked him about his injury and if he needed a clean bandage. Dude completely fell for it and that's how his DNA was linked to the crime scene. While he was testifying during his trial, he actually puked while on the stand. I'm must be a little warped as I found it to be quite hilarious.

Oh gosh, 100+ questions for the Doc from the jury.....

This should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member