trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is her brother and how old would he have been when JA was 13? He looks really young in this photo, but I'm 40, so most people look that way. (I now see kids behind the wheel and think, "They can't be old enough to have a license!) :blushing:

http://www.myspace.com/jodiarias/photos/23050043#{"ImageId":23050043}

There are two brothers. Carl would have been 11 when Jodi was 13. Joseph would have been an infant. So I'm assuming it was Carl that told the story.

IMO it would have had to be a triangular blade in order to inflict wounds of 1 1/2", 1 1/4", 1", and 3/4", all of which were mentioned in the autopsy. The blade would have to be long enough to inflict a wound 5 3/4" deep. The autopsy report also mentions two triangular pieces of bone the knife chipped from the skull.

A small chef's knife with a 6" or 6 1/2" blade would fill the bill.

I think she had something like this: View attachment 31001

I read somewhere that they believed it was a 4" blade.

That was also my first thought after hearing this story. When you cumulatively take all the crazy stories about Jodi's behavior it really isn't surprising at all she was capable of this violent murder. It's almost like it was bound to happen.

The only thing that does shock me is that Travis wasn't afraid of her. I don't know why on Earth he wasn't.

I'm thinking he wasn't afraid of her because most of us tend to believe that the people around us are harmless. Not us here at WS but we're in the minority as we know and follow so many of these cases. Most people trust those close to them, even if he was trying to distance himself from her and move on.

He knew was bat chit nuts but I bet he never imagined any harm coming to him.

Bless you both for your compassion. I struggle to see someone like Jodi as a human being at all.

I ticked a couple of people off with my comment. :floorlaugh: I don't know that I would call it compassion, exactly. Not sure what the right word is. I just don't want to be a heartless, evil thing like JA.

I thought there wasn't going to be a court session today and should have gone to the market yesterday. I'm going to make a quick trip and will be back before the trial starts at 1:30 EDT. Can I get anything for you? Snacks? Beer? Wine? Later, peeps.

Thank you very much! :blowkiss:

She is my favorite person in the world. I have dinner with her every Wednesday as she is now in an assisted living facility. Last night I brought pizza. She is such a character, she told the doctor "maybe it was the pizza my granddaughter brought!" Silly ole bat! :)

Sorry for the OT, mods! Back on track for this HO! :D

PS she follows this case too so she's a weirdo like us!

:snooty:

She sounds like fun! Prayers to your family! :hug:

She sounds like my great aunt. When she turned 90 she wanted us to show her the internet. She was wondering what all the hub-bub was about. When she was in the hospital once, a doctor told her that something didn't look right about one of her tests. She told him, "Well, DUH, I'm 90 years old. Nothing looks right in my body!" :giggle: I miss her dearly!

Interesting...I recall seeing the pic she took of hand injury but not much of what it looked like. Slide injuries are typically to the webbing/skin between the thumb and index finger when they are holding the gun wrong and the slide catches that skin.and rips it. I don't recall when the pic was taken of that injury - was it after the date the gun was stolen? Which I think was on 5/28?

The picture was taken June 1. Just a note, when one is initially chambering a round, the slide is typically grasped from the top with the fingers - pretty easy to scrape a finger at this time especially when a gun has not been recently oiled. Think about how you chamber a round and the injury she photographed is easily done.

I don't think they are, or ever have been, sympathetic from a distance. It's only when Arias can get up close and personal that they seem to fall under her spell.

I can well imagine it could be every man's nightmare that they should be manipulated, stalked and blackmailed by one of their casual sex partners. That's just my opinion as a female. Not trying to speak for the men.

Yes! And that she was performing and encouraging sex acts all while collecting them as her evidence of abuse.

I thought there wasn't going to be a court session today and should have gone to the market yesterday. I'm going to make a quick trip and will be back before the trial starts at 1:30 EDT. Can I get anything for you? Snacks? Beer? Wine? Later, peeps.

Barf Bags? :waitasec:

Mornin' folks!

I can't believe I missed the afternoon session yesterday only to find out they delayed the trial because a spectator puked?????

Wow, just wow....

Actually, he covered himself there. On one of the TH shows, they played that clip and he may have SEEN an interview with her brother who said that. If that's the case, it only makes him look worse! He didn't even take the time to check this out. :twocents:

How did this even get to be said in court anyway? I missed most of yesterday since it came on late. I had to pick my kiddo up then we had homework and study time. I did not get to go back over that part and hear for myself how it was said or if there was an objection. If that is not hear say then what is? Heck you can not say so and so told me this is. He made it seem like he heard it in an interview done by someone else. Newspapers and news on TV have been known to take things out of context, snip and clip to get the biggest OMG moment all the time.

I think about that every time I see Jodi in the courtroom. She's woefully pale and thin, wears unattractive clothing and glasses, hair dirty, stringy and a non-flattering style. Absolutely nothing attractive or sexy about Jodi now. Those days are long gone. I doubt that any man can imagine being with Jodi the way she looks now, let alone what they've learned about her during the course of the trial.

That said, Casey Anthony still looked attractive when she was on trial despite having been in jail for four years. I don't know if her youthful good looks saved her from conviction and possibly the DP, but Casey had a much better chance of walking if the jury based it on her appearance than Jodi does. :moo:

I disagree about CA. I think she was horribly ugly and dowdy during trial. In real life, she was a fairly pretty girl.

They have done a number on JA, that's for sure. Your description is perfect. She's the dowdy, mousy little librarian now (no offense to librarians). I didn't think she was pretty before but I certainly see how others would. I think they would have more chance at sympathy from the male jurors if she could at least wear a little makeup. She's absolutely frightening the way she looks now which plays into the psychotic killer look IMO.

Not too amazing ALL of Travis friends immediately thought of JA as a suspect in his murder.

SERIOUSLY?? Sleeping in his house CROWDED with his friends , uninvited, under the Christmas tree???

Hey Super Woman - I know you can say "stalker" ! :seeya:

I ticked a couple of people off with my comment. :floorlaugh: I don't know that I would call it compassion, exactly. Not sure what the right word is. I just don't want to be a heartless, evil thing like JA.

I think it is compassion. I assuage my guilt at feeling any sadness for people like Jodi and the boys of Steubenville in remembering that what I am feeling sad for is the human potential they had and squandered, and the child they once were. I get a little stymied when the conversation turns to 'the bad seed' sort of dialogue, as I am not sure if I believe or understand how sociopaths become (are they born? are they made?) sociopaths, but anyway.

Rules against being in the courtroom, watching the trial, etc. do not apply to expert witnesses.

Really? I'm not saying your wrong, but FRE 615 seems to only allow experts in the courtroom that are essential to counsel in presenting their case...i.e. investigators, trial consultants, etc. Maybe AZ has a local rule that differs from FRE? Samuels doesn't seem to qualify. I do agree that unless the judge has specifically ordered that Samuels doesn't watch the trial, he can do so.

552937_604043126391_1281174060_n.jpg

:what:How about some Mickey Finn?

Mornin' folks!

I can't believe I missed the afternoon session yesterday only to find out they delayed the trial because a spectator puked?????

Wow, just wow....

Seems these people will do anything to drag this case out for aaaaasssssss looooooonggg aaaassssss posssssssible. :banghead:

I read somewhere that they believed it was a 4" blade.

I wonder if it wasn't a ceramic utility knife, similar to this one.
http://www.knifemerchant.com/product.asp?productID=4503&gclid=CLqNk62IjrYCFdGd4AodpgkAdg

I have a couple of them myself, one about 4" long and another about 6". They're available inexpensively at places like Walmart and Target, and they are super-sharp. They also typically come with a hard plastic sheath so that, say, if one were to put one in her purse, it wouldn't cut the inside and could be quickly and safely retrieved if she suddenly wanted to kill an ex-boyfriend in cold blood. Of course, they don't suggest this use on the packaging...

How did this even get to be said in court anyway? I missed most of yesterday since it came on late. I had to pick my kiddo up then we had homework and study time. I did not get to go back over that part and hear for myself how it was said or if there was an objection. If that is not hear say then what is? Heck you can not say so and so told me this is. He made it seem like he heard it in an interview done by someone else. Newspapers and news on TV have been known to take things out of context, snip and clip to get the biggest OMG moment all the time.

Why exactly are you wasting time with your kid's homework when you could be watching the trial?! I mean, he/she will have homework again, right? You need to get your priorities in order here. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskr247