trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they are, or ever have been, sympathetic from a distance. It's only when Arias can get up close and personal that they seem to fall under her spell.

I can well imagine it could be every man's nightmare that they should be manipulated, stalked and blackmailed by one of their casual sex partners. That's just my opinion as a female. Not trying to speak for the men.

That's just it: nobody wants Jodi up close and personal.

Good morning, my friends! :seeya:

Is it weird that I look so forward to meeting up with you all everyday?! Some of the best senses of humor I have ever encountered, not to mention the incredible amount of intelligence and compassion to be found here.

Thank you for being awesome!

Justice for Travis!! :yesss:

I look forward to every day, too! So, if I do it, then it's not weird :snooty: :floorlaugh:

I've been up since 4:30--haven't been up that early since I had a job lol. Trial and basketball today!! Yippee!!

I need to work on our taxes, but I don't wanna :( Yeah, I'm a procrastinator.

Good morning my fellow friends, seekers of justice for Travis!

Does court start at the normal time today?

OT : if you are so inclined, will you please say a prayer for my grandma? She had a heart attack last night. She seems to be okay but she is my world, shes 91 and very frail, and I'm so scared for her. Thank you!
:hug:

She, Alphonse, Katie, and BB will be in my heart and thoughts with wishes for speedy recoveries and strength. (I've been spending a lot of time on KCL's thread. You're welcome to drop by if you need a dose of positivity or proof of human nature at its very best!)

But the confrontation w/JA (JA preventing Talbot (?) from leaving the room - that is NOT insignificant, as some have claimed - well, maybe one person :) - was the next day. Not that evening. So I'm not sure why alcohol would be an issue in any way whatsoever. The issue is the confrontation, not the event the previous night that cause JA to seek this woman out and very aggressively confront her - and corroborating witnesses came in the bathroom which Clancy Talbot said was the only reason she could get away. She said something like JA was not going to let her leave until she had made herself clear - that Travis was HERS.

I call that outsized, hostile, inordinate aggression - especially with the cumulative events of other instances of JA forcing her way in, demanding to be included, confronting others - even going great distances to do so, claiming to be Travis' girlfriend in front of 30 witnesses, refusing to leave a house when told she wasn't welcome there...

This woman has a clear history of obsession and aggressive behaviour. Oh and the stalking, snooping...

No one told her what to do - she is all about power, control, possession and intolerant of any sexual 'rivals' even when the man involved was openly dating.

Scary. Well, look what she did. It isn't so much of a shock when you string together her history. So her DT focuses on Travis. Gee...

That was also my first thought after hearing this story. When you cumulatively take all the crazy stories about Jodi's behavior it really isn't surprising at all she was capable of this violent murder. It's almost like it was bound to happen.

The only thing that does shock me is that Travis wasn't afraid of her. I don't know why on Earth he wasn't.

So yesterday it looked like they weren't holding court today but now they are. Anyone know the reason?

Originally becasue a DT witness wasn't available but due to the puker in court they will continue with jury questions today.

Good morning my fellow friends, seekers of justice for Travis!

Does court start at the normal time today?

OT : if you are so inclined, will you please say a prayer for my grandma? She had a heart attack last night. She seems to be okay but she is my world, shes 91 and very frail, and I'm so scared for her. Thank you!

Sending prayers for Grandma!!!! I know about Grammy's being our world, for sure. :hug: I'm glad she seems to be ok.

You and your grandma are in my prayers, sweetie, spend as much time as you can with her.

Thank you very much! :blowkiss:

She is my favorite person in the world. I have dinner with her every Wednesday as she is now in an assisted living facility. Last night I brought pizza. She is such a character, she told the doctor "maybe it was the pizza my granddaughter brought!" Silly ole bat! :)

Sorry for the OT, mods! Back on track for this HO! :D

PS she follows this case too so she's a weirdo like us!

The obvious reason is that the men would think Jodi was "hot" and spare her death. This was not a well-thought out plan by their jury consultant, in my opinion, because:

She doesn't look so hot in the courtroom, and
Wouldn't the men be nauseated to think that, but for the grace of God, they could have been in Travis' place? :twocents:

Edited to add something: Heck, what other choice did they have, though? The women certainly would hate her.

I think about that every time I see Jodi in the courtroom. She's woefully pale and thin, wears unattractive clothing and glasses, hair dirty, stringy and a non-flattering style. Absolutely nothing attractive or sexy about Jodi now. Those days are long gone. I doubt that any man can imagine being with Jodi the way she looks now, let alone what they've learned about her during the course of the trial.

That said, Casey Anthony still looked attractive when she was on trial despite having been in jail for four years. I don't know if her youthful good looks saved her from conviction and possibly the DP, but Casey had a much better chance of walking if the jury based it on her appearance than Jodi does. :moo:

What time again today? 1:00 est?

kNsNM88.jpg

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Are there any jodi supporters on this site? it seem like some folks take her word for the gospel..if you are a supporter what makes u believe her? Not being snarky just trying to see if anyone believes in her innocence. i for one think she's guilty and deserves to be put down.

Frankly, I have gotten in twitter wars over the picture I posted, her defenders are as crazy as she is...

:hug:

She, Alphonse, Katie, and BB will be in my heart and thoughts with wishes for speedy recoveries and strength. (I've been spending a lot of time on KCL's thread. You're welcome to drop by if you need a dose of positivity or proof of human nature at its very best!)

Thank you, I will check that out. Haven't been over there in awhile so apparently I'm missing out!

So yesterday it looked like they weren't holding court today but now they are. Anyone know the reason?

Don't know the reason but we have court at 10:30 a.m. Arizona time today. Jurors have questions for Samuels.

Prayers for your grandma.....

That was also my first thought after hearing this story. When you cumulatively take all the crazy stories about Jodi's behavior it really isn't surprising at all she was capable of this violent murder. It's almost like it was bound to happen.

The only thing that does shock me is that Travis wasn't afraid of her. I don't know why on Earth he wasn't.

I don't think (like many of us) he would think Arias would do something as so dangerous and crazy as set him up to murder him. I am sure that was the last thing on his mind until... he saw weapons!

He was young, strong man, in their precious egos, thought "I can handle it and/or her". Well many men with female stalkers with weapons DON'T live to report these stalkers to law enforcement.

God love em!! ^j^

Looks like I didn't miss much yesterday. Someone barfed in the courtroom, apparently the doctor wheeled his luggage through it (what a <mod snip>!) and now there's some goofy excuse that Jodi was attacked by some stranger ions ago supposedly according to her little brother (yeah, right).

Apparently there's going to be court sessions today where I'm sure there will be 5 minutes of testimony and 2 hours of sidebar. Gee, I can hardly wait.

On another note, the phrase "May I approach" should be permenantly banned from the English language. If ever again anyone says "May I approach" they should be strung upsidedown and receive 50 lashes with a wet noodle on the courthouse steps at high noon. Bring your video camera and I'll meet you all there!
:floorlaugh:

BBM. It's been said a thousand times, but you just can't make this stuff up.

Not too amazing ALL of Travis friends immediately thought of JA as a suspect in his murder.

SERIOUSLY?? Sleeping in his house CROWDED with his friends , uninvited, under the Christmas tree???

To some degree I think he probably was. I've posted this before but in my experiences you can be afraid of someone and still not actually believe they could really hurt you, much less kill you.

There's some kind of buffer. You 'know' they have the potential to be dangerous, but you kind of think their emotions and feelings for you keep you safer from it somehow. They might threaten even to kill you - but because you love them and believe they love you, really comprehending and accepting that can be difficult. (This might be more common too in psychologically or emotionally abusive relationships.)

Minimizing abuse is part of abuse itself. IME, most abuse victims who leave really don't know what a nightmare they're about to face until they're confronted with it firsthand. When the victim seeks to end the relationship, the abuser often goes to whole new heights of abuse, intimidation, stalking, and control to try to get the victim back. (Generally after the 'syrupy sweet, highly manipulative, I love you - forgive me, I didn't mean it' phase, has failed.) It's during this period, of course, that abuse victims are most at risk of intimate partner homicide.

JMO

Well thanks to the lack of IS this morning, my morning schedule is all "scrambled"!! :lol: Typically I take my daughter to school, come back home & watch IS as I get ready, go to the gym, then back home for lunch & watch the beginning of the day's trial.

All this change is giving me fognesia!!! :lol:

That word "scrambled" has taken on a whole new meaning. :floorlaugh:

Well, hopefully the jury caught her over the top eye roll !

Yesterday I watched live stream on CNN and they had quite a few camera shots which showed just how large the court room is, which amazed me. For those of us who have only seen the live screen, we have the benefit of close up shots and can catch much more if the camera is on a person.

Given how big the court room is and how many different places there are to focus one's attention, I think it would be a fluke for a juror to catch some of these things. Remember, when we see these things, it is because the camera is trained on a specific subject and is a close up shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member