trial day 34: the defense continues it's case in chief #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. The Dr would have talked to the Defense attorney and that would certainly have been included in the opening statement.

However as I write that what benefit would it be to the defense to bring it in now and have everybody talking about it and the jury wondering? Hummm interesting thoughts.

I am sure the jury is going to question him on that one. They seem to be very sharp on lies.

BBM

More bookend bs that goes to her state of mind, imo.

She would carry the fear of that childhood attack through to the date of the murder- the implication being she'd be more easily startled or prone to freak out in an effort to protect herself. It's a hail mary to try to explain the overkill. Problem is, unless you have the 18 most dense people on planet earth, none of them will believe it.

I believe he MUST have been under supoena as a witness and as such shoiuld avoid anything to do with trail. He would have spent his time better re-evaluating his horrible testimony.. JMHO

Rules against being in the courtroom, watching the trial, etc. do not apply to expert witnesses.

Wish Baby Center was around back in the day. Yeah, um, made some mistakes, just sayin'. :floorlaugh:

Tell me about it. My oldest was born in 1998 and I joined BC in 2005 - needless to say I felt like the worlds WORST mom on the planet ..... then I realized all the "perfect" moms on there are probably not as perfect as they seem to be. :seeya:

Now I go on ethere for the drama.... I love to read and watch them feed the trolls. Its so funny! :facepalm:

Anyhow - HI fellow BC momma!

I once read a quote from someone about a criminal from long ago, talking about how if this guy was as crippled in body as he was in spirit that all the ladies from church would be taking him dinner and so on. That's sort of how I feel about Jodi.

I think it's important to remember that we react to Jodi this way because we are normal, decent people. I get very angry when I hear about what she's done, and certainly think she deserves whatever is coming to her, but the human part of me feels some regret for the total waste she made of her life.
i feel the same way. sadly she's earned the place she's in.

Bless you both for your compassion. I struggle to see someone like Jodi as a human being at all.

12 men and 6 women on the jury ... Why would the defense have thought men would be more sympathetic to Jodi than women. I certainly wouldn't have thought so.

The obvious reason is that the men would think Jodi was "hot" and spare her death. This was not a well-thought out plan by their jury consultant, in my opinion, because:

She doesn't look so hot in the courtroom, and
Wouldn't the men be nauseated to think that, but for the grace of God, they could have been in Travis' place? :twocents:

Edited to add something: Heck, what other choice did they have, though? The women certainly would hate her.

12 men and 6 women on the jury ... Why would the defense have thought men would be more sympathetic to Jodi than women. I certainly wouldn't have thought so.

I don't think they are, or ever have been, sympathetic from a distance. It's only when Arias can get up close and personal that they seem to fall under her spell.

I can well imagine it could be every man's nightmare that they should be manipulated, stalked and blackmailed by one of their casual sex partners. That's just my opinion as a female. Not trying to speak for the men.

Good morning, my friends! :seeya:

Is it weird that I look so forward to meeting up with you all everyday?! Some of the best senses of humor I have ever encountered, not to mention the incredible amount of intelligence and compassion to be found here.

Thank you for being awesome!

Justice for Travis!! :yesss:

Good morning my fellow friends, seekers of justice for Travis!

Does court start at the normal time today?

OT : if you are so inclined, will you please say a prayer for my grandma? She had a heart attack last night. She seems to be okay but she is my world, shes 91 and very frail, and I'm so scared for her. Thank you!

Well, in terms of jury selection, I don't think they knew just how bad her testimony would be - if they even knew at that point she would be testifying.

The State struck two prospective female jurors who had a history with DV, after all. I've long thought that those two jurors would only have strengthened the State's case. It's a crap shoot though because you're picking people before laying out the case.

The obvious reason is that the men would think Jodi was "hot" and spare her death. This was not a well-thought out plan by their jury consultant, in my opinion, because:

She doesn't look so hot in the courtroom, and
Wouldn't the men be nauseated to think that, but for the grace of God, they could have been in Travis' place? :twocents:

Edited to add something: Heck, what other choice did they have, though? The women certainly would hate her.

I was thinking it was because women are typically harder on other women...you know, we feel like "well, my ex was a louse, but I never drove 1000 miles to brutally murder him." I know I personally have dealt with some jerks (not that I believe for a minute her abuse nonsense), but I never did anything to any of them! MOO

OT : if you are so inclined, will you please say a prayer for my grandma? She had a heart attack last night. She seems to be okay but she is my world, shes 91 and very frail, and I'm so scared for her. Thank you!

Sending positive thoughts to you and your grandma! Also there is a prayer thread you may want to post this in too! You can never get to many prayers!

You and your grandma are in my prayers, sweetie, spend as much time as you can with her.

So yesterday it looked like they weren't holding court today but now they are. Anyone know the reason?

I was thinking it was because women are typically harder on other women...you know, we feel like "well, my ex was a louse, but I never drove 1000 miles to brutally murder him." I know I personally have dealt with some jerks (not that I believe for a minute her abuse nonsense), but I never did anything to any of them! MOO

So true and so sad!

:getwell: A little cyber card for your grandma. I hope all will be well.

What time again today? 1:00 est?

kNsNM88.jpg

Prayers for you and your grandmother...she sounds like a wonderful woman.

I completely agree. Jodi is a sociopath beyond repair. We know this. But I am not. When I hear of her desperately and embarrassingly (though sociopaths can't feel embarrassment) declaring herself Travis' girlfriend and curled up under his Christmas tree, I cannot help feel a small pang of sympathy for how pathetic she must have looked. It's not a feeling that lasts long, I assure you. I still think she's a sub human who deserves the death penalty. It's a passing emotion. :biggrin: I even felt sorry for that kid who was convicted in the Steubenville rape case when he was crying about how sorry he was. First of all, I believed him. I know he deserves what he got and hope he learned his lesson, but still.

Why would she want someone who didn't want her?? stupid! She could have found someone else. Sometimes i think TA did have feelings for her but her oddness was off putting and she really was not honest or genuine, played all kinds of games trying to make him jealous. I had a thought that maybe if she just went on with her life and left him alone, and didn't kill him, when he came back from Cancun he might have missed her and called her. I think the feelings she had for him that she called love, were warped, twisted and toxic. When she said on the witness stand that she had sex with Travis to calm him down, I think it was just the opposite, sex calmed her down. I'm glad she got caught, she sure tried to get away with it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma! Sending prayers and good vides for her return to health!

I think court starts at the usual time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member