trial day 35: the defense continues its case in chief #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I just got back home and started reading, I've noticed a few posts have mentioned Travis' family still wearing their ribbons. Can someone tell me what's going on with that? Thanks :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the jury calling out this Dr for comparing Soldiers and Police Officers to a murderer!! Shame on him for that implication.

So he saids right before the check point before Hoover Dam she came out of her fog and she was covered in blood? pretty convenient.. I must say..

Nothing like some falling water to dissipate the fog.....:crazy:

According to Samuels, her "story" has a beginning (gun) and an end (Hoover Dam) but no middle (29 stabs,1 throat slice, frenzied cleanup). I'm sick if his referring to "her story" as if the little part he's describing is complete.

AND!! (Following on HLN, so not really live) They just asked if he knew where she was when she 'came out of her fog' & he said AS SHE WENT THROUGH THE POLICE CHECK POINT AT HOOVER DAM, REALIZED HER HANDS COVERED IN BLOOD etc! I'm beginning to LOVEthis doc! He's been the very best at pointing out all of her inconsisities to date! Of course, she testified it was somewhere in the desert right before the check point! Keep on talkin':jail:, good doctor, keep on talkin'...

this psychological testimony is confusing me. when is JA supposed to have come down with this ptsd? is he saying she had it when she killed TA or as a result of killing TA?

IMO she never had PTSD. I think the doctor is purposely trying to confuse people with his nonsense mumble jumble. He makes me SICK!!!

She was not unable to set boundaries, Dr. Overpaid.

I believe that they both set their boundaries, and she kept hers as wide open as possible so as to trap herself a husband.

And failing that, the lying torture-murderess ensured that he would be no one else's husband, either.

One of my biggest issues is the following testimony:

1. Murderers who premeditate don't show PTSD because they planned it (basic idea of what he said);

2. People who have been attacked by a stranger do show PTSD.

3. People who have to self defend show PTSD.

4. Since Jodi lied the first time, he didn't feel he had to retest because of #3. He just attributed the "true" trauma to the first story and kept the results.

IE, in my view, that means he NEVER even considered it COULD BE #1. He was sold on #3 from the beginning. His entire failure to retest shows he never even considered premeditation as a viable consideration.

but he also testified to JM that he should have retested and that it was his mistake that he didn't.:seeya:

IMO she was focused on a certain juror and almost knocked wilmott over to get in their presence. Smiling. Me thinks she thinks she has a fan on the jury... Jmo

I did notice when she was on the stand that she always seemed to suppress a smile when the jury was filing in, and it always seemed to be directed in the same general direction. I hope that the juror is giving her a"you are so done" smile versus a "don't worry, be happy" smile. That being said, none of the court observers have reported this, and I'm thinking we are reading too much into JA's behavior. It may be that she was trying to "work her charms" on a juror, and I would have to bet it's a male.

But she did mark her boundaries...they were confined to all things Travis...has this dr. heard the crap heard about Travis's sharing his password and bank account pins with her because of a lack of trust on both sides? That was the biggest piece of crap out of her mouth.. I hope Juan can ask him that question.

YOU NOTICE HOW JODI SIDESTEPS every time the jury leaves? I always think she is making a break for it, then I realize the game she is playing.

Had a client that actually wanted my full attention so couldn't play testimony during our meeting. The nerve of some people lol.

So how's doc s doing up there?

Has he had any stumbles thus far?

Any particular areas questions seem to be focused on?

Anybody have an opinion as to whether the q's have a prosecutorial or defense slant?

TIA

There's something up with the fact Dr. Samuels didn't directly interview JA's family. Either he didn't *want* to learn things that would hinder the defense's case, or her family didn't want to talk.

I just don't see how the diagnosis can be deemed reliable without gleaning independent information about her background via Arias family members.

I'm left to believe the defense needed a PTSD / short-term amnesia finding, so Samuels restricted his investigation to minimal measures to "find" this and nothing more. His findings do nothing to legitimize all the "wooden spooning" and past boyfriend abuse, which I'd think is key to bolstering her DV claim.

yes... he said he didnt interview the family and all. but then how is it the brother told him a story about her being attacked with a knife?? did i not hear that correctly.

And if it the ribbons she was checking out, she does have asssertiveness to place herself in eye sight of the victim's family and stare them down, even while on trial. Jodi just can't help herself, she leaks her personality d/o at every moment.

I hope it's not the family and the ribbons. I can't imagine JW would turn around to look at them like that. I thought the looks were in the direction of the jurors walking out.

I wonder if WS members are automatically dismissed from jury selection. We know too much to buy what most defense attorneys try to sell. And we have a way of seeing through the "fog".

I think WS'ers would be fantastic jury members. We start out a case with open minds, and limit our focus to the evidence as it comes out (not media entertainment spins), all topped off with a good dose of logic and common sense.

Perfect jurors. :rocker:

I think the selective amnesia question was the best one (so far). It shows how smart the jury is thinking. That was one of the only questions he gave a definitive "no" to. If you can't have selective amnesia, then the PTSD/dissociative amnesia DX is flawed. And Jodi as testified to selective amnesia - she's said "some things have come back over time" and the recall of the knife/dishwasher.

Jury is definitely thinking and has asked some great questions.

There were a number of questions asked related to the time in the house after TA was killed and Dick kept answering the same way, saying that planning does not take place, on auto-pilot, frenzied, disorganized, no planning. Answer is in direct conflict with cleaning up scene, taking items, locking door, washing linens and camera in washer, doggie gate, etc. She did a lot in that house before she left.

My favorite so far? When Dick said not once, but twice that PTSD is "not a get out of jail free card" and is no excuse. JW's face was like :eek:

TwitterChris Williams @chriswnews

Some #TravisAlexander fam & friends now removing blue ribbons & pics fr clothes. Appears what Juan Martinez met w/them about. #JodiArias

How this family can remain composed is beyond me.
Whoever was vile enough to make a complaint is, is, is…. beyond words of disgust.
Everyone should just wear BRIGHT ULTRAMARINE BLUE clothes & overwhelm that court room with it!

Lolololololol these questions! I'm lollerskatin on a lollercoaster to the lolacaust!

I had to miss the morning. :cry: Have HLN on right now. Have I missed much ?

Is there a list of juror questions yet?

Thanks!! I hear it's going well for the prosecution. :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members