trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #105

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arias wanted to "avoid the trauma" of murdering Travis Alexander - wouldn't Arias perhaps "take" to her bed in the days after butchering Travis Alexander? Arias did the opposite of avoiding - she reached out to the police to assist in their homicide investigation - she traveled to attend Travis Alexander's memorial service.

I agree that the defense should not have said Arias went to Travis Alexaner's to pay her respect - in fact, the defense should have just let Dr. Samuels get off of the stand.

Are you still going to like her when she testifies that in her professional opinion, TA was a pedophile and an abusive boyfriend?
I think if she testifies to that, I'll have a big ol' hat sandwich for lunch.

Why couldn't JA be a promiscuous, lying, stalking, murderer with some scruples and just told her DT to go with:

self defense;
he made me fear for my life just this one terrible time on June 4, 2008;
I didn't mean to kill him;
I was in a fog caused by PTSD, and don't remember the rest.

AND leave out the alleged pedophilia, the horribly personal sex tape, and the alleged batterer stuff.

I hate this killer so hard! I hope she gets death! MOO

Uh, no.

I meant that I kinda like her so far.

Sheesh.

Have a great night, ya'll, I'm calling it quits.

Be kind to one another :)

No, I get ya. I think she is likable now as well. Who doesn't like people who help victims get their lives in order.

I am just worried about her upcoming testimony. She could do a lot of damage,imo.

Is Dr. Samuels allowed to speak now, or does he have to wait until the trial concludes?

Unless the judge releases the witness from subpoena they could still be recalled and aren't allowed to watch the trial or speak to the media etc.

I certainly hope that Juan brings this article up.

I don't believe that the abuse is not as severe. That's the problem...when it happens to a man the suffering and affects of abuse are downplayed. That is flat out wrong.

IMO

The motive for the abuse is often different from what I've read. Abusive men are more driven by paranoid jealousy whereas abusive women are more likely to be suffering from "borderline personality disorders" (basically they're wacko). The extreme jealousy in men is more likely to result in spousal homicide if the woman leaves. In contrast it's much easier to escape someone with a borderline personality disorder.

ng had interrogation tape played

jodi wants to apologize for kicking a dog but no remorse for what she did to travis

sick sick sick

:coffeenews:

Jodi kicked a dog??? That might be useful to show her propensity to violence.

:eek: She kicked a dog! :furious:

I have no tolerance for people who abuse animals. :gavel: Let alone abuse other human beings.

Your watching Nancy G too. Yes, she said she kicked the family dog because he knocked over the garbage pale with diapers and she had to pick it up.
Of course according to Jodi the dog did not yelp. He just ran away, never to be seen again and she needs to apologize to the dog. Oh and now her view has changed about how to treat animals.
Flores tells Jodi she needs to apologize to TA. To late.

I just realized Samuels is off the stand. I think I need a Cat Scan...

Oh you poor thing. You have transitional global amnesianal fog. You're may not remember why your in this state. It might of been induced by sex, a hot or cold bath (I guess you'd be fine in a tepid tub?) or hmm there was something else, but I forget , maybe some chocolate will help? some Toberlone?

Whoa. Is anybody watching Nancy Grace right now? She's showing a part of JA's interview with the detective that I've never seen before where she's relating an "anger" incident with a dog the Arias' once had. She says the dog was tied up in the back yard with lots of "leeway"' on the leash and got in her way when she was taking out a trash bag of her younger brother or sister's dirty diapers and she was angry at having to clean up the scattered mess. She said that she "kicked the dog - not hard or anything - he didn't yelp" and then she relates that she never saw the dog again without explaining what happened to him. Wasn't someone wondering aloud last week if she had a history of killing animals? I mean, really. Assuming that she didn't leave her parents home forever that night and assuming her parents didn't take the dog to the pound that night for having ripped open a bag of trash - how is it that she "never saw" that dog again?

I think if she testifies to that, I'll have a big ol' hat sandwich for lunch.

I would start marinating that hat in meat tenderizer, because she is absolutely going to be asked those questions. And she would not be on the stand if she was not going to stick to the DT script.

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I think this could be a brilliant opportunity for the prosecution.

The witness will likely be providing criteria that defines an abuser and relating it to Travis' behaviour. Martinez could easily use said criteria and match it up with JA's behaviour (slashing tires, stalking, etc) and end up proving that she was the abuser in this dysfunctional relationship.

Im confused, people have been bashing her for weeks and now there is a freak out about it? I think its scary that so many posters now like her because I think the jury will too and that will give her words more weight....and guess what folks, she is for Jodi all the way! She is not going to flip. I hope to eat these words by the way....

Eta: im not talking about her looks, I dont agree with that.

A lot of people are fooled by someone they think is grandma-like. It's really absurd. She is paid to work for Jodi.

Re: The nonsense about "hearing what she has to say" guys, she's not paid to be objective. They're not going to put anyone up there who isn't going to offer testimony favorable to JA.

8-25-11 DT needs a replacement for their sick expert.
5-18-12 DT announces ALV will take over, but only in the mitigation phase.
10-25 DT announces ALV will now argue during CIC

5 months to change her mind

This happens after the state asked for her COMPLETE NOTES, and after the 8-8 hearing on the letters.

NEW ARIAS TAPE ON HLN NOW

Thank you!!

I am steeled to hear whatever ALV has to say or imply or impugn about TA without judging her (too very much). And I hope and trust that Travis's family members are steeled for this next onslaught as well.

But I sincerely hope that JM can present an expert to discuss with the jury exactly what happens when a good and trusting and exceptionally naive male is deceived and abused (psychologically, emotionally, physically) by a female who is not suffering from PTSD, not suffering from an amnesiac fog, who is in fact not suffering at all--but who needs and requires full control and domination of any male unfortunate enough to partner with her.

:cow:

:bump:
Well said.

I don't think she signed on to free Jodi. Originally she was subpoenaed as a mitigation witness. It took many hours and hearings before she was switched. I wish we could see what went on in those evidentiary hearings that happened between 2008 and 2013.

Yet there she sits. I wouldn't be surprised if her goal was to fight for JA. I think she sees all women as victims. She's very emotion based and even people here are taken in by it. I hope the jury keeps rationality at the forefront.

Are you still going to like her when she testifies that in her professional opinion, TA was a pedophile and an abusive boyfriend?

Now that is a horse of a different color. How can she determine that based on what Jodi has said? Obviously ALV has worked with men who batter and knows they lie. She has to know that sometimes it is very difficult to tell who the person is who is the abusive one unless there are physical injuries because men don't usually report it. I don't think Jodi physically abused Travis until she killed him. And by the way who is dead, three times over. Emotionally I believe Jodi worn him down and he was emotionally abused which is reflected in his text to her about "never been hurt this bad before in my life". Is it possible that ALV will open that door for the State as it appears Samuels has done?

jmo

Your watching Nancy G too. Yes, she said she kicked the family dog because he knocked over the garbage pale with diapers and she had to pick it up.
Of course according to Jodi the dog did not yelp. He just ran away, never to be seen again and she needs to apologize to the dog. Oh and now her view has changed about how to treat animals.
Flores tells Jodi she needs to apologize to TA. To late.

Imo, a dog would not run away from a good loving home, just because of one kick. :waitasec: Something more than that happened, imo.

:eek: She kicked a dog! :furious:

I have no tolerance for people who abuse animals. :gavel: Let alone abuse other human beings.

And the dog ran away and she told the detective she wanted to apologize to the dog. He asks "what about Travis Alexander?"

Neither do I have any tolerance for animal abusers. However this incident is most likely true as it shows her issues with uncontrolled anger. It wasn't the dog's fault the stupid humans didn't properly dispose of the kids diapers. Also she related the dog had been tied up in the yard most of the time. That in itself is abuse, imo. Can't blame the dog for running away and hopefully it found a good home somewhere.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member