trial day 36: the defense continues its case in chief #105

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I respect those here who have been, or are currently in a battered woman situation.

I don't think this jury needs an expert to tell them why a battered woman might stay. I think they can feel it in their hearts/minds that a woman is controlled physically/emotionally when a batterer isolates her from family & friends; controls her money; forbids her to hold a job; threatens her safety and/or that of her children; and inflicts physical or emotional pain.

I am so grateful there are shelters where a woman can feel safe as she prepares to leave a situation like that, although many times, women still don't escape the batterer.

I am sickened that this killer would claim she was battered, by doing so, she minimizes the plight of women who matter.

I think Juan will have an easy time proving that this killer was not a battered woman through this witness's testimony, because I don't think she appears to be very intellectual. She will be no match for Juan.

My thoughts/prayers go to Travis's family as they now - after the grisly details of his murder/crime scene and the assassination of his character - will listen to their brother being described as a batterer. They will persevere as this trial marches toward justice for Travis.

Let's hope this witness is not on the stand for too many days, and we can move on to rebuttal.

:heart: MHO

:goodpost:

Thank you Katie.

I hope you won't mind me playing devil's advocate here, in a sense. I understand the desire to have abuse validated but there are some victims, real victims, who don't have proof of their abuse either.

It doesn't negate them as victims in my opinion. Probably because I was that woman, desperately attempting to 'prove' to a family court judge that my (now ex) husband was incredibly dangerous with almost no evidence to prove it so I believe I came across as a woman scorned, maybe? The court finally conceded...but only after my ex had attempted suicide in front of his 12 year old daughter, became homeless, lost his job, and plead guilty to drugging and raping his 14 year old niece while already incarcerated on a weapons violation stemming from pulling a gun on me. (He was also allowed to plead to both charges for lesser sentences.) Until the very last charge, plea, and conviction the court maintained he should be allowed visitation with our then 4 and 6 year old munchkins. :furious:

So Jodi *could* be an abuse victim without medical documentation, police reports, restraining orders, or even others to validate her abuse. At that point though one has to look to a pattern of behavior instead. And Jodi's pattern of behavior is wholly indicative of the profile of an abuser, not an abuse victim.

All JMO

Remember that Jodi was separated at the time of this finger breaking lie. She had even written down in her journal that she had no plans to marry Travis just days after this alleged incident. She was "free" of him and there is no credible reason for why she didn't seek medical attention for her finger. And unlike a black eye which is very indicative of physical abuse, a broken finger can be easily passed off as an accident. I know of several male friends who've had them and they were all due to accidents.

Well, I'm encouraged that she just said that she's only worked as an expert witness about 15 times and for both prosecution and defense fairly equally.

I have to respect her generally for her life long crusade against domestic violence. There is no question that women are far and away more the victims then men. However, I also think that because of her obvious heartfelt crusade that she may be so entrenched in her knowledge and experience with all that's she's seen and heard from countless victims that she may be unintentionally biased in favor of anyone - particularly a women - that tells her they have experienced violent abuse from their partner. Her own training and experience creates a general bias to believe them rather than consider there stories more objectively. I think that's understandable, and just a general human failing... we all form our opinions based on our own experiences.

Her testimony will show whether she's a paid hack or yet another person that was taken in and snowed by Jodi's lies. So far she's not in the same universe as that absurd and thoroughly unethical lying liar that lies, Samuels.

I am NOT worried about this Defense Witness, the DV woman because Martinez is going to set her straight REAL quick when he gets his chance to go at her. However, Martinez MUST stop getting so wrapped up in these Defense so called experts because they are testifying to LIES told by the Defendant. They are in fact LYING on the stand about things that DID NOT HAPPEN so their testimony does NOT MATTER. They are testifying to LIES told by Arias and therefore their viewpoints are NULL. Martinez needs to got going with the Rebuttal, I would bet money the Jury is getting fatigued, this trial has dragged on and on by constant feet dragging by the Defense, Nurmi and HIS SLOW Motion questioning, the Judge and her bankers hours trial schedules and the constant intentional delays by the Defense when ever they are getting clobbered by Martinez they object and whine like little girls about approaching the bench. This needs to get going before the Jury is LOST for good.

This woman has written an article downplaying DV against men.
Once this woman gets to the *advertiser censored*, she'll reveal her true colors. The facials that Jodi enjoyed will be twisted into an example of Travis's hate toward women and his need to degrade them. The phantom *advertiser censored* on his computer will also be twisted in a similar fashion. There are many people, men and women, who believe that no woman is capable of enjoying "debasing" sex and that men who even so much as fantasize about bondage are raging misogynists. Recall that one idiot defense lawyer on HLN who said that Travis comments on the sex tape were disrespectful and insulting to *all* women. She is going to be very ugly. Brace yourselves for the worst character assassination that this trial has seen so far. Like I said previously I will not be watching.

BBM OMG! Tell me that isn't so. That shows bias right there. I have always been offended that it is called 'Battered Women Syndrome.' The men who are abused are excluded from that syndrome. WHY??????????

imo

I almost bought a strawberry Frapuccino this morning for the first time *ever* but then I thought that was a bit OTT because I don't like coffee or take dairy!
F.Y.I., there is no coffee in a Strawberry Frappucino. My 11 year old drinks them!!!

Is anyone else who has to watch the trial today on hln screamming at nancy grace to stfu,,bad enough with commercials every 2 min,,and why does she think its still live,

Sugar coating.... argh!
Is anybody else tired of hearing about "June 4th"? Call it what it is, the day Travis Alexander was brutally murdered & show the photo of the carnage Arias left behind.

Lord help the Alexander siblings.

I agree! Arias has no excuse for butchering Travis Alexander. There is not a psychiatrist, psychologist, or any type of mental health expert that can make an excuse to explain, mitigate, or justify Arias stabbing Travis Alexander almost 30 times, slicing his throat, and shooting him in the head - THEN - assisting police with Travis Alexander's homicide investigation, taking a road trip to meet a lover, writing an 18 page letter to Travis Alexander's grieving family, sending Irises to Travis Alexander's grandmother, attending Travis Alexander's memorial.

Arias wrote in her journal that Travis Alexander liked the name Iris for a girl, and, "I'll take Iris, thank you very much."

This excerpt from Arias' journal, IMO, shows Arias showing the thought, "I murdered Travis Alexander - He will never have a baby girl to name Iris - I have taken away Travis Alexander's future babies - Thank you, very much!"

Arias knew exactly what she was doing. I do wish that the jury was reminded of how Arias destroyed Travis Alexander daily by "Calling it what it is, the day Travis Alexander was brutally murdered & show the photo of the carnage Arias left behind."

I am glad some of you like her, but the first thing that comes to my mind are the therapists that were able to convince those preschool children that they were abused, when in fact they were not.
I am not going to tell you what my second thought is. I don't want to be labled politically incorrect. I will leave that to the braver ones.

Not that JA needed any convincing, but she may be able to convince a jury that JA was abused.

On second thought, maybe not

Dr. Samuels was being paid $250 per hour - not sure how much Dr. Laviolette is paid. But she's there from California, so they must be compensating her for her time, travel and accomodations.

I don't know what this witness charges. The DT, Wilmott and Nurmi are being paid $250 IIRC.... maybe that's why we had Jodi Arias on the stand for what 18 days?

:lol: NG is hilarious, pretending this is live! I wish someone would call her out on it. Maybe one of her callers will! :lol:

What possible "criteria" would it take to get her to accept this case based on the spewed testimony of a proven liar who premeditated a murder, then drove over 1,000 miles to commit it, and never showed one ounce of remorse.
Money!

Per NG, two of LaViolette's former clients

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I am interested in her history in domestic violence programs. I was almost choked to death by my ex-husb in 1979 and there was really no help/counseling back then. Cops dumped me in some horrible Salvation Army (I think) shelter. That was it. Things were very different back then.

Things were very, very different. We had a "shelter network" which was made up from people who volunteered to take victims into their own homes. It was extremely confidential (and somewhat dangerous) to do this, so the turn over was high. Back then folks were not so concerned with being sued.

Sorry you had to go through that then. I hope things are better for you now. Thanks for being brave enough to say something here.
:desert:

Thank you Donnareit. Things are better now. I had not heard of the shelter network. I can see how that would potentially dangerous. But bless the people who offered to take the victims into their homes.

has anyone else noticed Arias slightly grinning each time now when the jurors are leaving the courtroom and today how Arias whispered to Wilmott at that time, looking very excited at that moment.

IMO, there's most likely 1 male juror who is making eye contact with Arias and she's thinking this juror is probably on her side.

that scares me...

But KatieCoolady says not.......and I believe her. I must.

Is anyone else who has to watch the trial today on hln screamming at nancy grace to stfu,,bad enough with commercials every 2 min,,and why does she think its still live,

How about the tourism commercials for "Can Do!" Chengdu and Nanching at every break? Pandas? What the H?

:lol: NG is hilarious, pretending this is live! I wish someone would call her out on it. Maybe one of her callers will! :lol:

I've yelled at the TV EVERY time she does this. It is driving me CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89