trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I don't think she can:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I think when she starts comparing and trying to apply to TA the whole thing will fall apart. She might just cross over. jmo

Hi Leebee52! As best I recall, JM & Doc were tugging & pulling at ea other on the stand when JM asked "isn't it true that" since she was a teenager, JA has treated her mother like "crap." Doc squirmed....."yes." Then JM asked if it was true JA hit her mother..."yes." Then, he asked if it's true JA kicked Sandy, her mother during a meal once for no reason..."yes."

I'm thinking we're only seeing the tip of the sicko ice burg that is JA.

I've wondered if JA is jealous of her mother & twin aunt. Might explain some of the twin dressing between JA & Willmott? MOO

Good evening everyone :seeya:

Going to have to throw a sick day at this rate LOL Just catching up on today's posts. Anything in particular I need to read? TIA xx

So lets see at this point we have an Abuser as one who:

1-Isolates their victims from friends and family--------x for Jodie
2-abuses animals------------------------------------xfor Jodie
3 threatens suicide as a tool for control--------------x for Jodie
4-Retaliation for time given to others-----------------x for Jodie
5-intrusive knowledge of personal communications----x for Jodie

.....and Oh Yea, physical abuse to the tune of 28 STAB WOUNDS, BULLET TO THE HEAD AND A SLASHED THROAT! I know I missed more, but I would say that Mr. M has a good start on cross.:jail:

The below quote pretty much sums it up IMO

I have come to the conclusion based on many observations, that things are not as they may seem in the Jodi's Mom/Aunt camp. Now I really gots to go get something done on the lunch break!
Objection! Leading, or at least hinting. You can't do that and then go to lunch. I think you've been watching JM too much.

I am currently there - it is not fun.

On another note, JA sounds like they were deeply involved for a long time -
it was only a few months.
:hug: There are a lot of amazing, generous of heart survivors here, Kensie.
Please don't hesitate to reach out when you're ready should you feel the need. I'm fairly certain none of us would mind it. No one should stay in a relationship that is hurting them but I know it sounds so simple when it really isn't. You deserve happiness though and as Travis said himself in his blog life is just so preciously short. Why waste it chasing something that's never going to happen and could destroy you and those you love in the process?

I'll keep you in my thoughts. :blowkiss:

I cannot stand emotional manipulation. My compassion drops to nil if someone uses suicide to try and manipulate me. If it had been around back when that idiot threatened it if I didn't take him back, I'd have replied with, 'Utube or it didn't happen.'

I even said it to my sister once when she tried that crap.

Sounds heartless I know, but to me there's nothing worse than trying to emotionally blackmail me with death.

I have come to the conclusion based on many observations, that things are not as they may seem in the Jodi's Mom/Aunt camp. Now I really gots to go get something done on the lunch break!

:fence:
Any chance of an elaboration?

We're getting to the sex part now. This really is a joke. JA was 27~28 years old at the time she had a relationship with TA. She had been with multiple men before that and had quite a few kinky (not meant to be derogatory) sexual experiences.

It would be different if she was YOUNGER or had a learning disability (low IQ).

This really p's me off!

Hearing on HLN that the jury is really listening to this witness.

Maybe because she reminds me of the woman down the street who has so many gossip stories to tell about other neighbors? Her stories are interesting but isn't there a client/dr confidentiality issue being breached here? Or does she not fall in that category?

I would hate to have been a patient of hers and hear my dirty laundry plastered all over tv, even if she does not mention names!

At this rate, Juan will not even have to cross-examine ALV. He must be doing mental somersaults!

No matter what, I trust Juan will do an awesome job with cross but there is a part of me that would LOVE to see him hit her with a totally different demeanor than he took with JA and Doc S. I would enjoy seeing him use his same pit bull words but with a demeanor that matches LaV's (outwardly low key and calm) and in doing so maybe he could just ease her into pointing out how her descriptions of an abuser apply to JA based on evidence about Jodi that LaV may not be aware of at this point. I am afraid if Juan "takes her on" in his usual aggressive tone, she may just dig in (she seems like a calm but passive aggressive sort) and on principal not give an inch to someone she perceives as being aggressive - sort of as an example (in her eyes) to demonstrate how not to give in to an "abuser". I am betting she will bristle at any male who tries to challenge her directly.
Go Juan!!!!

.....and Oh Yea, physical abuse to the tune of 28 STAB WOUNDS, BULLET TO THE HEAD AND A SLASHED THROAT! I know I missed more, but I would say that Mr. M has a good start on cross.:jail:

Voice of reason (that didn't have a smilie for that). As I'm listening all I hear is a pretty good portrait of Jodi.

Hi Leebee52! As best I recall, JM & Doc were tugging & pulling at ea other on the stand when JM asked "isn't it true that" since she was a teenager, JA has treated her mother like "crap." Doc squirmed....."yes." Then JM asked if it was true JA hit her mother..."yes." Then, he asked if it's true JA kicked Sandy, her mother during a meal once for no reason..."yes."

I'm thinking we're only seeing the tip of the sicko ice burg that is JA.

Thanks! I agree...I'm sure there's a whole lot more that we don't know about <modsnip> JA.

I don't understand how you can have someone testify who does not have all the facts. Or does she? I disagree that Travis had the power in the relationship. I think he was a very nice guy and therefore didn't speak up and break it off long before he did. Do the experts speak to people that knew him? Or Jodi? Travis liked having sex, Jodi gave him sex. End of story. imo

By Jodi's own admission She and Travis determined together where they would travel etc as one Juror asked her that question. So it does not appear he was in Power..he shared the power with her equally. At least where money and time spent together went. Jodi had the sexual power she held over him.

Don't leave us hanging, katiecoolady! Hurry back from lunch, lol!

I don't understand how you can have someone testify who does not have all the facts. Or does she? I disagree that Travis had the power in the relationship. I think he was a very nice guy and therefore didn't speak up and break it off long before he did. Do the experts speak to people that knew him? Or Jodi? Travis liked having sex, Jodi gave him sex. End of story. imo

IIRC, there was a pretrial motion and the ruling was that this expert could not speak about Travis or characterize him as abusive.

Okay. I decided I don't want to be an idiot. (well, not on Tuesdays, anyway).

I'd rather provide a bit of whoopa** than let it be delivered to me - I got caught off guard but that's enough of that.

I hugged my kid - there is no better spiritual ammo than that so... I'm in.

(gulp). :seeya:

You guys aren't cowards - F if I'll be one. (Well, I was one for a while, but, well... I'll try again).

Did she just say using sex to control a person. This person is describing Jodi not Travis. Sounds like Jodi controlled Travis by being a "dirty little secret".

BBM:

I don't recall Jodi doing this prior to Travis' death, or did I miss something. I know she threatened this afterwards.

My ex was possessive, insecure, stalked me, stalked me by proxy, threw huge fits when I tried to break up, constantly messaged me. and in the end when I finally ended up having the strength to break it off, got really furious. I'm still scared of being stalked. and she is female, so I think it's really important for people to realize that women can be aggressors too, against men and other women. (I don't want to compare my ex to JA though, I mean she isn't a murderer, but she made me uncomfortable and took a chunk of my life and energy and I believe emotionally abused me on top of the stalking.)

I think this DV expert, I hope not to demean her judgment, but she's been manipulated by someone she would have instant sympathy for (a young woman who has allegedly been battered.) That, and the appeal of appearing in a high profile case, but still, I think her sincerity's been taken advantage of here, and even the defense knows it.

According to the person telling this story, the cat spent two weeks in a room with no one checking on it. JA said she left food and water for it so thought that was fine. She also said the cat was shaking when she (or the owner) went to get it. JA couldn't seem to figure out why the cat would be in such bad shape. :what:
The cat didn't die, not then anyway.

ETA: perhaps cat was shaking like a chihuahua

Yes, this is exactly the way I recall Jodi's ex coworker describing the situation with the cat. It was shaking due to desocialization for an extended period of time. My own cats react much this way when they have to be left at the vet all day or overnight. I'll do anything to prevent them from being kept overnight.

Our pets are much like infants. We can't explain to them why they have to be in a strange place and they react this way to stress of being left without their caretaker. It's terrorizing to them.

Jodi could not understand this because she has NO empathy for any living thing, be it pet or person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966