trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been rehashed ad nauseam, but can someone tell me what the acronym BBM stands for in people's posts??

A cursory web-search returned Black Berry Message and Big Black Meat

Not sure where this is going...I though Black Berry's were extinct.

BBM:

Bolded By Me

Yes, this is exactly the way I recall Jodi's ex coworker describing the situation with the cat. It was shaking due to desocialization for an extended period of time. My own cats react much this way when they have to be left at the vet all day or overnight. I'll do anything to prevent them from being kept overnight.

Our pets are much like infants. We can't explain to them why they have to be in a strange place and they react this way to stress of being left without their caretaker. It's terrorizing to them.

Jodi could not understand this because she has NO empathy for any living thing, be it pet or person.

I got a bad feeling from the photo she made with her & that big black dog--I can't put my finger on it, but the dog's facial expression & body language is not right.

I also got a bad feeling when she would talk about Napoleon--she said something like "I bathed him all the time" & the way she goes out of her way in stories to mention his name--makes me think that she was jealous of the pet.

I've had one abusive boyfriend, and one of his traits was BEING JEALOUS OF MY DOG. These freakshows like Jodi even compete with animals for attention and adoration. They make me SICK.:twocents:

Good evening everyone :seeya:

Going to have to throw a sick day at this rate LOL Just catching up on today's posts. Anything in particular I need to read? TIA xx

When I can I'm putting the testimony summary post #'s in the tags section at the bottom.

I am not watching today...at least not now.

Will JM be up today?

I would also imagine the "silent treatment" would be terrifying. Like waiting for the other shoe to drop and not knowing what your abuser is thinking. I can certainly see those as abuse. :(

Awful.

Oh man...that was the worst. My ex abuser would go in cycles-llike clockwork! Every 4 days. Day 1-nice, day 2-quiet/brooding, day 3-verbal attacks/violence against household objects, day 4-physical towards me....then back to day 1(apologetic/nice). Took me almost 2 years to get him arrested. Sigh. But I did:great:

Anyone who is currently going through this please know you are not alone and there is help! :hug:

I could swear I heard her speak of abused men. A few times...
Maybe I mis heard.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I think that her work with "men's groups" was that the men were abusers, dealing with their anger issues, etc. Someone stated that academia is catching up to the fact that abusers can be women, and men can be victims... but I suspect ALV is old school.

We're getting to the sex part now. This really is a joke. JA was 27~28 years old at the time she had a relationship with TA. She had been with multiple men before that and had quite a few kinky (not meant to be derogatory) sexual experiences.

It would be different if she was YOUNGER or had a learning disability (low IQ).

This really p's me off!

This has always puzzled me. Jodi seems to want to be seen as still 17. Unreal that she wants us to believe that at age 26-27 she didn't really know premarital sex (of any hole variety) was not ok for Mormans.

Sorry if this has been rehashed ad nauseam, but can someone tell me what the acronym BBM stands for in people's posts??

A cursory web-search returned Black Berry Message and Big Black Meat

Not sure where this is going...I though Black Berry's were extinct.

BBM

:lol: Careful what you search for!

It means "Bolded by me"

IIRC, there was a pretrial motion and the ruling was that this expert could not speak about Travis or characterize him as abusive.

Thanks! I figured there had to be but I hadn't heard it. That makes me feel better.

Yes, but does ALV acknowledge that MEN can be the victims of domestic abuse? Has she spoken with any of them? Has she advocated for and addressed all the victims of false accusations? According to Nancy Grace, ALV was an expert for a woman who murdered her husband. Though likeable and credible, the fact that ALV chose to be a defense expert for JA is a red flag. ALV is in a field that is notoriously biased and politically divisive. Supporting and advocating for victims of domestic abuse is highly admirable... I hope that ALV is unbiased, but I fear her feminist agenda.

Hi KM2,

Yes I heard NG state she testifies for a women and a man who both were found guilty. Their cases may have been different because their spouses fit the criteria she has been working with on the stand today. Jodie fits that standard today not Travis. So I am hoping she will just go with the facts, and JM eill place the puzzle pieces with the right person--JA.

My ex was possessive, insecure, stalked me, stalked me by proxy, threw huge fits when I tried to break up, constantly messaged me. and in the end when I finally ended up having the strength to break it off, got really furious. I'm still scared of being stalked. and she is female, so I think it's really important for people to realize that women can be aggressors too, against men and other women. (I don't want to compare my ex to JA though, I mean she isn't a murderer, but she made me uncomfortable and took a chunk of my life and energy and I believe emotionally abused me on top of the stalking.)

I think this DV expert, I hope not to demean her judgment, but she's been manipulated by someone she would have instant sympathy for (a young woman who has allegedly been battered.) That, and the appeal of appearing in a high profile case, but still, I think her sincerity's been taken advantage of here, and even the defense knows it.

So sorry for the challenges that you faced with your ex. And thank you for sharing your story. Wishing you peace of mind.

I got a bad feeling from the photo she made with her & that big black dog--I can't put my finger on it, but the dog's facial expression & body language is not right.

I also got a bad feeling when she would talk about Napoleon--she said something like "I bathed him all the time" & the way she goes out of her way in stories to mention his name--makes me think that she was jealous of the pet.

I've had one abusive boyfriend, and one of his traits was BEING JEALOUS OF MY DOG. These freakshows like Jodi even compete with animals for attention and adoration. They make me SICK.:twocents:

interesting, my ex would sometimes express jealousy of my pets too. Good to know these red flags!

Yup. And Juan already asked JA if she lied to ALV re: the pedophilic pictures being on a computer (JA changed her story to photograph since no images were found on Travis' computer).

I can't be sure, but I think ALV will not like being lied to and used to get off a pre-med murder charge. She IS a woman who is devoted to stopping violence.

YES ... i'm trying to remember what day it was, i might have it mixed up with someone else but it was at the end of her testimony he asked her if she had seen some woman, she said yes, he then asked her something and she denied it and made the woman look like a liar. am i right? or was this someone else. i might have to search for this before lunch is over, if i can i'll post it.

I didn't know that, I just had two small grandchildren diagnosed with epilepsy. And just got a call from my daughter, My granddaughter is on life support. The dr's are giving her 20% survival.

Reading here to keep my mind busy.

Oh my God! I am so sorry--I am praying for your grandbaby's full recovery. :please:

So far nothing this DV expert has said is out of line, IMO. Maybe I'm speaking too soon (probably am), but I have a good feeling about her, as in, she won't lie or twist up the truth to make Jodi look good. So far she comes across as a calls'em like she sees'em type.

Can't you just hear Juan now with ALV..."would it surprise you to learn......."

My concern is - HOW can he end that sentence? If he refers to the tires, etc., it will be objected to as hearsay, and something that hasn't been proved to have been an "act of Jodi." Much of the other "stalker-ish" information we have has come from the media, and was not admitted as evidence at trial.

I'm not saying JM won't have plenty of ammo to toss, but I think our assessment of how helpful this testimony is to the prosecution is colored by the fact that we have more facts available to us about JA's background than the jury does.

What do you think are the strongest points JM can make, using only the evidence of record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966