Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that religious debate is not allowed in the threads
One thing I refuse to debate is religious beliefs and a Religion's Holy text. It's something that's so personal. However, I am open to lively discussion on religious issues, social awareness wrt to religion etc.

I'm Bahá'í myself.

Can someone pls give those of us who are just jumping in an abbreviated status of happenings in court today.

Thank you!!!!!

Okay. The answer is 'nothing'. Arias felt sick with a migraine and went home for the day.

Please don't start another argument here you guys. Let's stay focused on this trial. I'm so drained and feeling very emotional. Poor Travis and family. On the bright side this is the last witness and we do have court tomorrow. Let's all rest well and stay focused on the fact that this trial is slowly but surely coming to an end.

(((HUGS)))
:seeya:

Is Jodi under a doctor's care...or is Willmott her doctor?

If she has a migraine, shoot her up and prop her up...What will next week's excuse be from the Drama Queen?

I say give her a damn bucket for crying out loud.
How many times does the family drag their tired, head pounding bodies into court. Fight not to vomit while the bish smiles at them. How much is the Jury giving up to have to deal with these delays and cancellations.

I just don't care. Let her throw up all day long, right in court. I. Do. Not. Care.

I guess I would be a crappy judge.

I care - I don't want the jury to see her being ill - that shows a human frailty. I don't even want the jury to know why there is no court today. I don't want them to see a thing that might make them even want to feel a bit sorry for her. Let her go back to her cell and play pitiful - that I don't care about as she already has all her pals back there on her side.

Please don't start another argument here you guys. Let's stay focused on this trial. I'm so drained and feeling very emotional. Poor Travis and family. On the bright side this is the last witness and we do have court tomorrow. Let's all rest well and stay focused on the fact that this trial is slowly but surely coming to an end.

THANK YOU!!!! I was just trying to word how to say the same!! We all have different tastes and different styles of humour, so let's just let little things go and stick to the big picture.

can i just say it's RIDICULOUS to expect anyone to believe that someone would sit in jail for years, charged with the FIRST DEGREE MURDER of a man who abused them and was attracted to children, and remain silent to PROTECT him? he's DEAD!!!!!

mother teresa wouldn't even do that. it's preposterous.

just my random thought for the day!

Well, it's pretty deviant in my book. It is not usual or accepted as norm. It's a sodomite. I'll leave it at that.

:confused:

:floorlaugh: you realize there is a difference between anal sex and sodomy right? Especially by legal standard?? And it may not be usual or accepted for SOME people, but obviously there are many who choose to engage in it. What isn't the norm for ONE person should not be a blanket statement for all of the human population.

I want to thank you. I went straight into a Fog and didn't know how to explain that one, especially on a legal stand point. I've never had to before.

soooooo......

maybe the Defense realized they're toast and needed a day off to regroup

I believe I read the defendant plead guilty (iirc, I read it on Wild About Trial's twitter)

. . . which made me think there was a plea agreement (plead guilty and get LWOP, no death penalty). No plea agreement in JA's case.

When an expert comes in, then has to leave, I believe their contract states something like they get paid a "minimum" of 4 hrs. So she would get approx $1200 to show up and then have to leave.

She is basically sitting around not seeing her own patients, or running her business in California. This kind of trial can nearly shut her down for months (not that I think thats a bad thing) especially because she is out of state.

Not surprising. Thanks for the info. Still kinda makes me sick though. I wouldn't mind making approx. $1200 to do nothing.

HLN reported that Wilmont walked JA out after pouring her a glass of water and said "I want her to take her medicine"

I urge everyone to consider the source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone pls give those of us who are just jumping in an abbreviated status of happenings in court today.

Thank you!!!!!

It's embarrassing to quote oneself...but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
A brief synopsis will do.

I believe I read the defendant plead guilty (iirc, I read it on Wild About Trial's twitter)
Which Jodi could have done, if she wanted to spare everyone all this pain. She only wanted 2nd degree. I'll bet everyone would have been ok with 1st degree LWOP.

It's embarrassing to quote oneself...but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
A brief synopsis will do.

Nothing has or will happen today - Ms. Arias apparently is ill and has been sent back to the jail to get tucked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member