trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for you and your children and families Rosemary Pierce and Sumbunny- we love you here~ Frigga

Personally if I was a jury member I would rather work 5 days a week with a 9-5 court schedule to get this case put behind me. They had court 1 day yesterday and that wasn't even really anything to do with the case, just the witnesses CV, and short stories about other patients she treated. I would view that day as a waste. Then court cancelled today, and a half a day tomorrow... So a week down and only a day and a half of court. (A day if you want to take out the late starts, sidebars... etc) These jurors have been on this case since the start of 2013. They still have this witness for the D, then the states rebuttal case... More than enjoying ANOTHER long weekend, I would want to just keep on and get this thing over with. I'd be exhausted by now.

Is this normal? A case like this to last 4-5 months?

OJ was 8 months:facepalm:....8 MONTHS...and cost nearly 10 million bucks!!!!

HLN talking about Juan Martinez, he now has "rock star" status, well, I thought he already did, lol.
One court watcher called him "mesmerizing". And, they showed him walking outside the courthouse and he was .... smiling :smile:. I know I'm being silly, but I can't help it, he's just sooooo cute :blushing:

In my dream I just met Juan Martinez and all of us Websleuthers were there! and then I went looking for my car to find my purse and well you know how those searching dreams go, I spent the rest of the dream searching for my car and then I woke up before I ever found my way back to the party:maddening:

Hey, I just want this nutcase to get through this trial in the absence of any real "appealable issues". Feed her, water her, drug her, I don't care what they have to do to to insure that her rights are not violated...and that she is healthy enough to assist inher defense. Geez, she HAS NOT been convicted yet.

I agree and if the delays are due to real health issues, then they are warranted. If they are because she claims she is not well fed or fed often enough, I find that to be a problem. As I said, what makes her so special?

Sheriff Joe is an idiot. I hate Jodi Arias as much as anybody here, but she is on trial here and has not yet been convicted. Persons on trial should not be subject to his BS antics. If he wants to feed prisoners two meals a day of bologna or whatever he feeds them, fine. But to pull this sh^t on a defendant during their trial is ridiculous. JA, along with all other defendants should get a lunch (sandwich/piece of fruit/drink) while at court for the whole day.

She does get lunch....just not served to her by a waiter/waitress with snow white linens and a chilled glass of wine! She forfeited those little luxuries when she shot Travis in the head, stabbed him 29 times and nearly decapitated him. :twocents:

When was that? I missed that!

The post directly above yours, I believe has the link to the comment JA made to Nurmi yesterday once the jurors left the courtroom.
BK and others reported that this morning, Wilmott was heard saying that she wanted JA to 'take her meds'.That was just before it was announced that there was no court for today. Something is up, and I don't think it's JA's migraine. I think she was fixin to take a fit unless she took the meds and the DT knew it.

There is ZERO corroborating evidence that TA was a misogynistic, abusive, pedophile. We have only the testi-phoney of a confessed lying killer to establish the cockamamie fantasy.

Yet, that's what Judge Stephens has effectively allowed into evidence and stipulated as fact.

Shame on her.

The judge can't keep things out of evidence unless there is an evidentiary rule that allows it. There is no evidentiary rule that would allow a judge to exclude testimony just because it's offensive and uncorroborated.

OJ was 8 months:facepalm:....8 MONTHS...and cost nearly 10 million bucks!!!!

But the OJ trial wasn't footed totally by the taxpayers. JA's trial is being paid for on both sides by the good State of AZ, and she's getting a darned good defense if you ask me. There can be no jokes in this trial about getting a public defender. She's getting good representation and it's costing plenty. I have no problem with feeding her three squares a day. Even I let food out for the neighborhood strays. The worst punishment for her is yet to come.
And anyway, if she gets the DP, she'll get a full physical to make sure she's healthy enough to be put to death..... WTH?

KD2 ...I was just about to post if anyone had heard from you today....hugs to you too-- and again...if anyone needs anything please tell us!

Thank you kindly. I'm still awaiting a report from my daughter. Nothing changed since yesterday. Thank you so much, I've been drifting in and out reading and trying to keep my mind busy.

Again, this link ONLY takes you to the MAIN page, is there a specific link to the ACTUAL Witness List? I have searched and searched and cannot locate it????

No, there is not. There never is on the electronic docket. At best, you can sometimes glean information from the description.

I accidentally deleted the bookmark folder that has the JA forum link. I was in a hurry and apparently Googled: websluts Jodi Arias

Google corrected me.

That's what I'm saying. The photography was merely a tool in her narcissism. She only took pictures of her own self and of Travis, who'd she become obsessed with. She never took pics of other people or nature or anything. It makes me chuckle when the news people refer to them as a photographer and a Mormon salesman.

This reminds me of JA!

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha
One way or another I'm gonna win ya
One way or another I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha
One day, maybe next week
I'm gonna meetcha, I'm gonna meetcha, I'll meetcha
I will drive past your house
And if the lights are all down
I'll see who's around

One way or another I'm gonna find ya
One way or another I'm gonna win ya
I'll getcha, I'll getcha
One way or another I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meetcha meetcha meetcha meetcha
One day, maybe next week
I'm gonna meetcha
, I'll meetcha

And if the lights are all out
I'll follow your bus downtown
See who's hanging out

One way or another I'm gonna lose ya
I'm gonna give you the slip, a slip of the lip or another
I'm gonna lose ya, I'm gonna trick ya
I'm gonna trick ya trick ya trick ya trick ya
I'm gonna give you the slip

I'll walk down the mall
Stand over by the wall
Where I can see it all
Find out who ya call

Lead you to the supermarket checkout
Some specials and rat food, get lost in the crowd

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDLcyXzLMfg"]One way or another Lyrics- Blondie - YouTube[/ame]

Yup. Come home from work to see court was cancelled. I'm sure everyone else is over it already, but....seriously? This is just dragging on and on and on the way they schedule. Or postpone. Or adjourn for the day if someone throws up. I would be pretty annoyed if I were on the jury. Set times and keep to it. People have lives!!

I accidentally deleted the bookmark folder that has the JA forum link. I was in a hurry and apparently Googled: websluts Jodi Arias

Google corrected me.

Google needs to speak for itself...... :floorlaugh:

I am very very very lucky to be the mom to an amazing daughter who is exactly like Rory....unfortunately, she thinks I'm flakier than Lorelai lol....at least in the Segue/stream of consciousness/all over the place way :facepalm:

Just read that Alexis Bledel got engaged. Our little Rory is 31!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required