trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto here too. What I was wondering and not sure if this was talked about, sorry if so I missed it. Did JA have these migraines before she was incarcerated? Or is this something that just started since the trial.

Maybe some med's they have her on is giving her the headaches. ?

Or is the meds she is taking for the migraines?

Doesn't seem as though she ever mentioned headaches in texts or her journals, and Samuels made no reference to migraines.

I think the meds she takes in and out of court are a mild tranquilizer myself. :twocents:

Did anyone catch the report by Jean C., yesterday, about JM giving autographs? She claims to have seen a juror watching JM giving autographs, having his picture taken, talking to admirers, etc. Supposedly, there are benches in the area where this happens and this juror is out there, a lot. IMO, she has managed to insert herself into this case and is working hard to get Jodi a mistrial. Said it is horrible for a juror to witness such wrongdoing by JM....I hope and pray that Travis' family and friends steer clear of her and never, ever say anything that she can and will twist around to help Jodi. :furious:

I bet there is a hearing about this and said juror is dismissed, at the least. Mistrial? Maybe...

I thought it was really strange that he was out there giving autographs and taking pictures. Then HLN claimed he was a rockstar. That bothered me... While in my own world, and here at WS Juan is a great prosecutor... he is not a celebrity! There was one girl on TV who said she was like... "OMG OMG, he got into the elevator with me and I was in awe". It just strikes me as off that people latch on and believe that this man has celebrity status when he is prosecuting Travis Alexanders murderer. I think its weird.

This trial needs to get over with, the media has turned it into a circus and the crazies are all out there. The longer it goes on the longer I fear that a mistrial could happen because of the chaos.

I'm here! Hoping for something Juanderful today, but I'm sure JW will drag this out.

Bringing this from the other thread for those who want to know how to strikethrough

Hope it's clear enough.

Does this mean we can say bad stuff and just crossing out ? TIA

Hha...just kidding.."mornin everybody !!!,!

(psst - I put my favorite tomato salad recipe on the sidebar thread, all that talk got my mouth watering)

I mentioned at the end of the last thread that the smell (of the body) might not have been as noticable thoughout the house because he had 2 separate AC zones. Don't know where they were split, but the air doesn't mix, especially if the doors are closed

Good idea! There have been some cocktail recipes that I'm looking forward to trying too.:angel:

mobius99-I'm not sure the pics are still online. Anyone? I'll see if i can find anything :seeya:

I think at the is point all that would happen is that juror would be taken out of the jury pool. They're not deliberating jurors yet, so I doubt mistrial is even a possiblity. And people can see things and not have it influence how they treat the facts from the trial.

And personally I don't see it as "wrongdoing" for JM to be interacting with the public. Every move he makes is under some sort of scrutiny, if he was refusing autographs and pictures there woudl be howls about that too. The piece I saw on the local AZ news about his newfound fame certainly didn't paint him as an attention seeker, in fact it was the opposite. I think he's a genuinely nice guy and would also be quite aware of the perceptions of his behavior.
I agree with this wholeheartedly, but, IDK, the autograph signing... it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'd feel the same if the defense team were signing autographs and the like - I think there would be an explosion of rage across the internet if that happened.

I think JM is amazing, but IMO he shouldn't be giving autographs and the such while this trial is still ongoing if it's something that can give the defense ammo to help Jodi. Also, if it works against the State with regards to the jury, it's not Jean's fault or Jodi's; it's the State's.

*changes out of tomato stained shirt*

I agree. On the flip side, I don't think people should be going after him for autographs. Leave that until the trial is over. It is enough of a circus as it is. :twocents:

And here we are again.

Seal is up on Wild About Trial

They have a vote going. WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Our poll on the website: Did #JodiArias kill Travis Alexander in self defense? 93% say NO, 7% say YES. Vote here:http://goo.gl/7TZ3v

If they manage to use all 3 hours today, it really won't be that different from most other days of this trial. When you figure in all the delays and late starts, sidebars and such - they really averaged 2.5 to 4 hours a day anyway.

Remember when Baez was on every show even before the KC trial yacking away? That was ok but when a man like JM signs a few autographs oh that's just shocking. *rolls eyes*

JM knows what is ok and what is not. I trust him in court and outside.

http://www./show/n_1rjf5h9[/QUOTE]

This is where my curiosity gets the best of me, trying to figure out strategy.

It is known that ALv was not originally hired as an expert witness to testify in this phase of the trial; per the link above "As noted, the defendant has noticed her intention to call Ms. LaViolette as an expert witness in the guilt phase." We also know that DT has fought not once, but twice to prevent detailed billings being released, presumably tipping off the prosecution in terms of "strategery". (BBM)

Maybe after JA is convicted and given the DP, we'll gain more insight into the reason behind this shift. Right now, my inquiring mind would like to know.

I can't even type how I feel about Jean C. Incompetent, foolish and supporting criminals.

Lost all respect for Jean C. awhile ago - she simply doesn't come across as fair and objective and her defense oriented "slant" if indeed "role playing" is so annoying and offensive I can only hope that's what it is - a role she's playing and not reflective of her true opinion(s).

I don't think the autograph thing is kosher strictly speaking but at the same time, if someone asks him for an autograph, what is he gonna do? Say, "No, screw you, I've got a case to try."?
Actually, yes, only much nicer.

"I'm sorry, I can't do anything that might jeopardize justice for Travis." would work just fine, IMO.

Again, I'm not saying it will hurt the trial or that strictly speaking JM is doing anything wrong, because he isn't, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. A personal thing, I guess.

I think JM is amazing, but IMO he shouldn't be giving autographs and the such while this trial is still ongoing if it's something that can give the defense ammo to help Jodi. Also, if it works against the State with regards to the jury, it's not Jean's fault or Jodi's; it's the State's.

*changes out of tomato stained shirt*

if I was a juror and saw that.... I would just figure they all give autographs.

I thought it was really strange that he was out there giving autographs and taking pictures. Then HLN claimed he was a rockstar. That bothered me... While in my own world, and here at WS Juan is a great prosecutor... he is not a celebrity! There was one girl on TV who said she was like... "OMG OMG, he got into the elevator with me and I was in awe". It just strikes me as off that people latch on and believe that this man has celebrity status when he is prosecuting Travis Alexanders murderer. I think its weird.
This trial needs to get over with, the media has turned it into a circus and the crazies are all out there. The longer it goes on the longer I fear that a mistrial could happen because of the chaos.

I totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member