trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I think that Donovan person informed Jodi/defense about Katie's picture. Donovan was quoted on HLN last night about jail hours.

So maybe Donovan sees the picture on HLN's website and thinks Katie works for HLN and with her vast knowledge of the justice system, figures its grounds for a mistrial and tells Jodi and the defense team.

Whatever happened, the defense looked like idiots.

MOO!!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

I can see Chris and sky Hughes being called on rebuttal now.

I am beyond pizzed at this.

Can Juan bring up that sky only said whatever is in that email after the DT lied to them about the forged letters?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't I seen a clip on HLN with the Hughes doing an interview? If so can they still testify?

I suspect we will see both of the Hughes during rebuttal...

Someone on another website talked to Chris Hughes today, and he told him don't worry it will all be fixed on cross. Whatever that means. I assume that means have faith in JM.

I'm very confused, I guess. I thought it was established that ALV could not testify about TA as an abuser. Yet, there it was!

Am I going crazy or was that not the indication when this witness took the stand? The fact that it came in right at the end of testimony is quite convenient, as well...

From an article of hers, she says:

"There is no research that can say that the cost of women's violence — emotionally, physically, or in regard to property damage — in any way matches the violence perpetrated by men."

Nice fallacy. There is no research that can say purple unicorns do not exist. Therefore, they must exist, right ALV?? Guess she never uncovered the concept of falsifiability in her pioneering 35 year career?

Well, doesn't that say it all.

This is one of them, the one that CH was complaining was taken out of context or he did not see all the other emails to get to the context of it.

Apparently after Nurmi sent them the mysterious 10-letters and/or info trying to confirm TA was a pedophile, they were floored and one of them sent back a response before they thought things through and decided there was no way the letters were true, did not even sound like TA's writing or speaking style. That I believe, is one of the key reasons CH gave Nurmi a hard time on the stand, the biggest of course being that they know JA is a liar and per CH's words, 'killed his friend in cold blood'

Wait, nurmi sent letters to them trying to get them to say something that was not true??

Erhics much?

Did I see on the last thread that the "Arias People" are wearing purple ribbons in support of domestic violence??????

After they had the NERVE to complain about the blue ribbons the Alexander family and supporters were wearing for the VICTIM in this murder case?

UN-BE-LIEVABLE!

Pathetic. That liar crying domestic violence. I seriously just want to punch her in the face.

I'm very confused, I guess. I thought it was established that ALV could not testify about TA as an abuser. Yet, there it was!

Am I going crazy or was that not the indication when this witness took the stand? The fact that it came in right at the end of testimony is quite convenient, as well...

I think I remember that being discussed yesterday - that ALV could not testify about TA as an abuser. I did not see today - watched it by reading the super fast moving posts.

Throw this witness and her testimony out the window.

Yes, but now Sammie, the jury will hear them in their entirety because the defense brought those emails into evidence. JM has every right to enter them into evidence and use their entire content, right?

After watching the video of Chris Hughes testifying in that prosecutorial misconduct hearing again, I believe it is the prosecution that does not want the emails in. IMO I'm not a lawyer, but I'm guessing that whatever is said in them is probably not good, could be taken out of context, or could be misinterpreted. But Chris Hughes did agree that they were about the way Travis was treating Jodi.
I can't see Juan bringing the actual content, word for word, in to the trial, not after seeing the ojections in that hearing, and seeing the objections today. but JMO ;-)

Originally Posted by chicoliving
Is this the email from the stand today?

CH's testimony regarding an email

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - *graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

what day was this from?

Are we on afternoon break? Or is it done for the day? I'm watching HLN, so I'm not sure, because they are behind.

Wonder if the defence team watches HLN?
Vinnie just said the defence is just jealous because they are not popular.

I think of Cheney Mason pushing his way thru crowds of reporters dropping profanities, but JM endulging folks with a photo is deemed misconduct. OY! What is wrong with this picture??!!

I think I remember that being discussed yesterday - that ALV could not testify about TA as an abuser. I did not see today - watched it by reading the super fast moving posts.

Throw this witness and her testimony out the window.

It's that whole "Once you ring the bell you can't un-ring it" concept with me. They rung it right before a 4 day break. And Jodi's tire slashing and packing her rented getaway car with her standard murder kit is too prejudicial to come in as evidence, but THIS isn't?!?

I feel so sorry for this family, having to sit through this. That's where all my sympathies lie. I look forward to JM and his cross exam of ALV. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member