trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it odd that poor Jod, when telling her ninja story, was able to run away from, not ONE, but TWO attackers, and was able to grab her purse during the getaway,

yet,

was unable to out run a naked, wet, unarmed guy who may or may not have been chasing her?

Also, it sure seems odd that Momma Jodi, the accused spoon whacker, is wearing a domestic violence ribbon?

Just some of my ramblings.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I agree. And in this area, jurors have to wear a HUGE ID badge that says Juror so that everyone knows it. Had lunch in a few locations wearing it as a fashion accessory. We parked, entered the building. At the end of the day, we scooted out to our cars and beat it home. No one was hanging around anywhere near the courthouse....

Lest not forget *advertiser censored* ! :rocker:

Behind her back?! Look what he called her to her face:

- 3-hole wonder - *advertiser censored* - *advertiser censored* - sociopath - evil - scammer - nothing to you but a dildo with a heartbeat - liar - fishy - Fing lie - BS - freaking foolish - crazy - crap - lying - lazy - pure *advertiser censored* - sick agenda - evilness - betrayed - I don't want your apology, I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I can't think of anything he may have said behind her back that was much worse than any of that, can you? And, as we know now, was entirely justified.

I watching the interrogation video on NG and I caught this. Sorry if I am way behind, but this tells me clearly that the text messages from May 26 was a main motive. He had something on her and she didn't want it to get out. What I'm wondering about is, if we know what he said in those texts, what don't we know that he may have said?
"He has done nothing but....except for some mean words he said to me. People have said worse to me or just as bad. Except for that, he's never, he's helped me. He's given me money, he's selling me his car...

Are we SURE this statement was made by Mr Hughes?

As much as I love this site, I have come across many statements that aren't fact. I think I even inadvertently perpetuated it once.

I'm beginning to question things without a link until it has been substantiated. JMO

I think it's best to watch the trial and draw your own conclusions. It's all there. :seeya:

I was sleeping, not feeling all that good. I now feel much worse than I can say after getting even just a little bit caught up, and I'm not talking the flu here. The dirtiest of tricks is fast underway and it is making me sad and sick. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the prosecutorial misconduct and they are attacking TA when he can't defend himself. This is the part of our system that I can't handle.
SMH here. Someone talk me down. I feel a Titanic moment here. I have no problem with any defendant receiving a fair trial based on the TRUTH. This muck laden fest is WRONG.
I've been kind in my thoughts about the Judge, given that I respect her position but she is now starting to worry me. I think she's in over her head and it's all going to JA's benefit.

feel the same way..after CA, anything can happen. There are some awfully uneducated mixed-up people out there and yes they are called for jury duty just as you or i would. YIKES:banghead:

David Lohr. He's a reporter and was instrumental in getting the Riverside court to clear Travis' name from that prior 'conviction' the DT was trying to make a big deal about.

That's the guy. I couldn't recall if it was David or Daniel or some other "D" name. I'm really glad he took the time to get Travis' name cleared off that bogus conviction.

Thanks for the info!

Good heavens, I'm catching up after another long work day. It seems that ALV's testimony has taken quite the turn during the day off, doesn't it?

Things are quite different, and Ms. LV doesn't look happy. Could it be that she got herself into a situation that she did not anticipate?

Where did you get those stats? Let me guess.... Arias told you...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Those are the numbers from a National Institute of Justice study. The CDC has the percentage at 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls.

Here's from Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Volume 27, Issue 1 , Pages 3-13, February 2013

Rape and sexual violence occur in all societies, and cut across all social classes. Prevalence estimates of rape victimisation range between 6 and 59% of women having experienced sexual abuse from their husbands or boyfriends in their lifetime. Two population-based studies from South Africa have found that 28% and 37% of men, respectively, have perpetrated rape. Estimates of rape perpetration from high-income countries seem to be lower than those from low- and middle-income countries; however, current data make it impossible to confirm this. Women and girls are much more likely to be the victims and men the perpetrators and, in most instances, the perpetrator is known to the victim. Children are particularly vulnerable to sexual abuse, with girls being at greater risk, especially while at school and at home. High rates of child sexual abuse are emerging from the research, with an increasing understanding of the effect of child sexual abuse on later perpetration and victimisation, highlighting the importance of primary prevention for sexual violence to address childhood exposures to violence. Much of our knowledge about sexual violence has historically been based on research undertaken in high-income countries. This, however, is changing with the emergence of good-quality studies from other settings, particularly in Africa, alongside an increasing number of multi-country studies looking at interpersonal and sexual violence. Most countries lack population data on perpetration of sexual violence, across all categories, including children, and a major gap exists in research on sexual violence among sub-groups and populations. Much of the existing research has limitations that affect cross-study comparability, owing to differences in definitions, research tools, methods and sampling used. Improved research is essential. Research priorities for understanding the magnitude of sexual violence prevalence include assessment of the prevalence and patterns of sexual violence victimisation and perpetration in a range of settings, across a range of acts of sexual violence, in men and women, in adults and children, using methodologies based on best practice in gender-based violence research and standard measures of different forms of sexual violence; research on the social context of sexual violence perpetration and victimisation by both men and women; and methodological research to measure sexual violence for particular population sub-groups or violence types, such as child perpetrators or young child victims, or sexual harassment at work and school.

Just a thought but perhaps the Juror sitting on the bench eating ice cream was waiting for a ride home. Meaning there may be an innocent explanation they were hanging around.

I wonder if Ms. LV realizes that all her credibility goes out the window once she tries to present a person who shot, stabbed (28 or so times) and slit the throat of another human being, as an abuse victim.

I wonder if ALV will fly home for the long weekend to spend the holiday weekend with her family. I hope they celebrate Easter, and the true meaning, and that ALV thinks hard about what she has already done, and what she plans to do.
She has worked long and hard for this worthy cause, and I just can't believe she's flushing her entire professional career down the drain over this THING. I despise her at this point.

Just a thought but perhaps the Juror sitting on the bench eating ice cream was waiting for a ride home. Meaning there may be an innocent explanation they were hanging around.

I don't think anyone has implied it was anything other than innocent. He also wasn't out there that day. Jean said so.

That won't be lost on the jury. One juror question was, 117. "Were you mad at TA while you were stabbing him?"
Other juror questions were:
46. "Why did you confront Travis after seeing him w/ another woman through his back windows if it was not due to jealousy?"
87. "What is your understanding of the word *advertiser censored*?" :facepalm:
106. "If TA wanted the sex convo recorded, why didn't he record it?"
107. "If you didn't want to be tied to a tree, why did you go and look for a place he could do that?"

The sex tape left me with the impression that he was quite a novice and that he was trying to please her in an almost adolescent manner. I think the whole fantasy/role play thing came from her and he followed along. She's the one who says "oh that's so debasing, I love it".

moo

Yes. And (not sure exactly, I think it may have been in the phone sex recording), he mentions something about raping her, he begins that by saying, when she was feeling miserable.... It made me think it was her fantasy and that he indulged in talking that way to cheer her.

Hi Gitana :seeya:

You didn't miss much. More of JW and ALV bringing in vague references to things that the judge has ruled inadmissable, like the text messages from the Hughes. That was the big bombshell of the day. I'm sure JM will address it in cross, but it sure did speak to me about the character of these defense attorneys. Is it just my perception, or are they crossing some lines as far as ethics here? :waitasec:

I think they cross the line by presenting defenses they know are based on lies.

Why is Chris talking about the case anywhere? Isn't he still under subpoena? I am confused as to what a witness can or cannot do.

To my knowledge, he is not under a gag order.

They should be sequestered and I wish they were, but they are not. jm

I have never even noticed his ties :blushing:

I thought he was gay til I found out he was married with kids. Just an awesome metrosexual I guess. But metrosexuals would wear classy ties. I'm so confused!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member