trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I want to extend my thanks to the poster this AM who gave me the idea to make chili for dinner because it is AWESOME!

Sounds good.

Chicken fried venison, rice and gravy here for supper

What happens if a juror has seen JM talking to fans/signing autographs? What will the Judge do?

Isn't it odd that poor Jod, when telling her ninja story, was able to run away from, not ONE, but TWO attackers, and was able to grab her purse during the getaway,

yet,

was unable to out run a naked, wet, unarmed guy who may or may not have been chasing her?

Also, it sure seems odd that Momma Jodi, the accused spoon whacker, is wearing a domestic violence ribbon?

Just some of my ramblings.
Agree. Two random attackers allow her to escape, yet during "self-defense" she had to stab Travis 29 times, slit his throat and shoot him? Hopefully the jury will be able to differentiate an actual self-defense scenario from what she related.

I was also curious about JA's family wearing ribbons in court when, IIRC, there was an issue with Travis' family wearing the blue ones?

:waitasec:

MOO

I wonder if ALV will fly home for the long weekend to spend the holiday weekend with her family. I hope they celebrate Easter, and the true meaning, and that ALV thinks hard about what she has already done, and what she plans to do.
She has worked long and hard for this worthy cause, and I just can't believe she's flushing her entire professional career down the drain over this THING. I despise her at this point.

See my post--a few posts prior. A lot has changed about the nature of her testimony since the day trial was canceled.

And she doesn't look happy.

They should be sequestered and I wish they were, but they are not. jm

I think sequestriation is a bad idea. It breeds complacent jurors who just want to go home and they start making hasty and bad decisions. It's good they get to go home at night.

Posting this in the new thread since by the time I finished writing it the old thread got closed...

There is a universe of difference between being emotionally abusive and physically abusive. Travis was unfortunately emotionally abusive to the women he dated by not telling them where they really stood with them in whatever the relationship was, not telling them about other women he was seeing, using Jodi for sex and saying mean things about her behind her back, etc. But all of that is just typical "player" male bad behavior that we all know well and have probably dealt with ourselves with men we've dated or had serious relationships with.

NONE of this crap matters to this case. Jodi's claim is that he PHYSICALLY abused her which never happened, and she claimed it was PHYSICAL abuse of her that caused her to be so frightened for her life that she had no choice but to kill him.

JODI was the one who wanted a relationship with him that she knew she couldn't have and refused to allow him to exit the relationship by repeatedly stalking him, showing up where she wasn't invited, sneaking into his home, threatening other women around him, and she decided to kill him because he didn't want to continue with even the sex relationship with her anymore.

The jury is not going to be swayed by this silly woman. They know Jodi sold her a hill of beans as she always has and has even done during her own testimony. They also know that though he treated her badly by using her for sex he never physically abused her nor did he ever initiate any physical abuse of her that caused her to have to kill him to save herself from his killing her. There's no question that the Hughes thought he was abusive to her because of his using her for sex even though it was always HER that aggressively pursued sex with him in order to try to manipulate him into having the relationship that SHE wanted with him and he DIDN'T want with her.

If anyone had a right to feel emotional abused - or more appropriately - USED by him it was his ex-girfriend who while he was boinking Jodi was trying to convincer her to marry him and that she never new about his cheating with Jodi until after he was dead.

And the one thing with all the endless babbling from this woman for days that she never once even hinted at and that we all know is true is that physical abusers are never only physically abusive to only one woman but abuse all the women in all the relationships they have with them. There is no question that there is not one single woman that Travis dated who claims he was ever physically abusive with THEM.

One thing I assumed from ALV even before she spoke a word in this trial is that there is no woman she has EVER come across that claims she's been physically abused that she will not believe. She is so steeped in her interest in this subject that she is incapable of questioning whether or not any woman that claims physical abuse could possibly be lying about it. I've seen the same thing with rape survivor advocates... there is not EVER a woman that they have ever come across that claims they were raped that they are capable of questioning that claim... if she claims it, it MUST be true despite all evidence to the contrary.

The next thing out of this woman's mouth will be that Jodi Arias may, just MAY have invented an alternate reality, which she believed. And, as we all know from Dr. Samuels, if you create an alternate reality, it is true for you.

This is the problem with testimony from psychologists, even so-called experts. They are experts in understanding human behavior, not like the justice system which is interested in controlling human behavior to protect the rights of others.

"It is true for her" is not a mitigating circumstance. An untruth is still a lie even if someone believes it to be truth.

Thank God.

Behind her back?! Look what he called her to her face:

- 3-hole wonder - *advertiser censored* - *advertiser censored* - sociopath - evil - scammer - nothing to you but a dildo with a heartbeat - liar - fishy - Fing lie - BS - freaking foolish - crazy - crap - lying - lazy - pure *advertiser censored* - sick agenda - evilness - betrayed - I don't want your apology, I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I can't think of anything he may have said behind her back that was much worse than any of that, can you? And, as we know now, was entirely justified.

Most of America is verbally abusive, they have called her these names and worse.

I wonder if Ms. LV realizes that all her credibility goes out the window once she tries to present a person how shot, stabbed (28 or so times) and slit the throat of another human being, as an abuse victim.

I doubt it, imo the major part of her testimony will be an "explanation" of the overkill. The DT hasn't got to that yet.

How is it that the court's schedule was SUDDENLY cleared for mornings next week? I was shocked, but surprised to hear it.

I'm so distracted today but this made me :lol:

It was the first time ever in the history of time that Nancy made me :lol:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/22/nancy-grace-anderson-cooper-missing-handcuff-necklace

It won't embed, sorry. Must clicky clicky.

LOL!!! Love Anderson. If Elizabeth, from the Control Room is still working for Nancy, I suspect her. If not, I suspect somebody else from the Control Room.

[video=youtube;jWPY7b35vF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPY7b35vF4[/video]

He may have, I am trying to find out, however the Defense is bringing them in through the back door. I can't imagine what the jury is thinking about this testimony today, might as well just clear it all up, make sure they have both sides of this sick mess being spewed.

I am getting angry and I don't like to feel this way, it is very upsetting to hear this crap.

The way I feel, I don't care if TA laid down in the street, naked, begging for sex with 100 women, he didn't deserve what happened to him. Just like I would say about any female doing the same thing.

This defense is so wrong and out of bounds in this case.

I can only think about the Westerfield trial and how Danielle's parents were treated by the defense and thinking about it brings me back to realize, he is on death row with a lot less evidence.

The jury will get it and do the right things. I pray.

From what I remember, they had a hearing with the judge and JM managed to keep the emails out but the defense would be allowed to have AL give a summary of the contents as part of her testimony.

How is it that the court's schedule was SUDDENLY cleared for mornings next week? I was shocked, but surprised to hear it.

What does that mean? Are they shortening court days, that's what I keep hearing? TIA.

There are indeed snippets of truth here which send chills down my spine. In my mind he was down on his knees while she was stabbing him in the back. I believe that she is saying blood is all over the place before having seen the crime scene photos. Based on the interview, she does remember things, which makes this memory loss on the stand all that more despicable.

The one snippet that bothers me is the first thing remembers (in the ninja story) is hearing a "pop." Traumatic memory does by pass the frontal cortex and is stored more as a "sensory" perception. Now, I'm a knife first believer because of the casing ontop of the blood more than anything. However, as Jodi said, this was the first time she ever killed someone, and if the gunshot sent her into shock, then it makes sense that her first memory being a "pop" means she used the gun first.

Most of America is verbally abusive, they have called her these names and worse.

If I had the time I'd check Websters and see how those words measure up to just the tiny bit of JA I have come to learn..... my money says that it's a match!
Sometimes the words aren't pretty because the truth isn't pretty.

She fits the bill for me. It's only abuse if it isn't true.

I always find this stage of Trial so wearing and frustrating. Looking forward to rebuttal and closing by Juan. Travis will be heard then. As it should be.

Me too. I am so totally drained right now. But, I think we have a week ahead of us with ALV on the stand :what:. Then the long-awaited rebuttal when our Mr. Martinez ties it all up in a nice neat bow. I just can't wait!

To all of you super intelligent Sleuthers ... love y'all :grouphug: I love reading your posts ... they are always thought provoking and makes me try to use my brain more "efficiently" sort of ... if that makes sense. XO

BBM No, you don't knife him to death. For somebody raised in a religious home, sex before marriage is a big sin. The girl that is screwed and dumped and is now "used goods (no guy will want you), you are a "licked cupcake"
And then if your religion does not allow alcohol, no wine for you! Can't even drown your sorrows. Some fundamentalist religions are now suggesting to not even kiss before marriage. First kiss over the alter only! Now, I don't think JA was raised with these IMO, harmful religious restrictions, but for some women it is not as easy as wine and a girl's night out. I just think some gals might get more hurt than others, depending on religious beliefs. MOO

Wow imagine how bad she'd be if she wasn't religious!

I wonder if Ms. LV realizes that all her credibility goes out the window once she tries to present a person who shot, stabbed (28 or so times) and slit the throat of another human being, as an abuse victim.

There also needs to be a very clear explanation of why a victim of abuse would voluntarily drive, uninvited, 1000+ miles for a rendezvous with their abuser.

MOO

I also believe her "ninja story" is much closer to the truth than her current claim of self-defense. At least in the ninja story, if you remove the "female ninja" and insert JA, it is almost eerily similar to what the crime scene indicates. I can also envision Travis trying to escape from his attacker, by crawling on his hands and knees toward the bedroom. During the interrogation I noticed she said "four knees" which I interpreted to be "on all fours" or hands and knees.

MOO

The one thing so creepy to me about the Ninja story was when she said one of them was close to Travis and whispering in his ear and that she couldn't hear what they were saying. I can picture her doing just that and saying 'you don't want me, well you will never have anyone else'. Or something very evil and similar to that. jmo

I made the mistake of peeking at "that other site which shall be unnamed", (the one that I have been banned from), and I have decided that I really wish I was one of them, for one reason.

I want some of their hallucinating, mind numbing, alternate reality drugs that they all seem to consume.

The alternate reality that those goof balls are living in, must be quite a place.

The only person they haven't blamed yet is Elvis.

:hills::eek::doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members