Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF??? Why are we at the seal????

Afternoon break, if you can believe it. :facepalm: What, we've had an hour of this mind numbing testimony all day and now another break?

They should be back from break in 2 or 3 minutes.

There's no way I can see LV as any expert - her testimony is what I would expect to hear when I gossip with some girlfriends over strawberry frapps at Starbucks.

It would be a huge statement if -- after days of her testibaloney - there are absolutely no questions from the jury.

I'm not finding ALV objectionable at all yet. I like her friendly demeanor and her matronly look. Won't help Jodi at all though.

Ughhhhhh rehashing isn't making the jury too happy I'm sure.

Did nurmi call the last sidebar? I walked away and missed who called it. But right before, he was reviewing the yellow notebook - wonder what the inmate wrote? I need a powerbar, maybe?
notebook.jpg

That to me looks like the exact same yellow notebook that Jodi has had, she passes it back and forth with Nurmi when Wilmott is not there to pass notes to.

I could be totally wrong though... this is just what I see and what I remember.

I think I missed some of the background info on the ballgame, but, given what we know of how Jodi operates, my guess is that:

a) Jodi thought Travis would be at the game, but he was not.

b) Knowing it was his birthday (or about to be?) she panicked that he might spend his special day with some other woman.

c) she came up with some sob story about needed to get to Travis, so someone drove her there.

d) Travis didn't even know she was coming over, but, hey, free sex, so as long as she's there, sure. In any case, she had glommed onto him for the weekend, and it's easier to just LET her stay than try to get her to leave without being really mean about it (and even THEN she'd probably stay).

Okay, I read some notes and see that Travis was already there. Did he guilt her to come over and make his birthday special? Maybe. Or maybe he left just to get away from her and she took control from there.

Anyone remember what happened in August 2007? 'according to Jodi'?

I think that's when she said she needed her social security card, that she'd packed up with all the art supplies and drawings Travis let her store (cause you know, that's just the place you'd store important personal documents - with old boxed up drawings). So she popped on by, cause she's always welcome, and finding the door locked, she crept around the back to peek in the window to see Travis and another woman kissing, and the woman hooking her bra, travis wiping his mouth.
Then she came back the next day and asked what was going on, because he was 'courting her' - and he went upstairs, and banged his head against the linen closet door, where she followed him, and he apologized.
I believe Jodi called this an abusive flashback she had the day she killed him.

according to ja she is "flighty" but a nice girl......
Ever notice how Jodi always say something nice about a girl, but she's something derogatory, BUT repeat of the nice statement?

i might get flamed,but..
I'm glad she prepared at least (compared to RS).
She must have written a thorough report.

RS seemed more prepared with JW going through their rehearsed questions ..it was a whole different story when JM got after him ..I suspect it will be similar with ALV. ..

Next thing we will hear is that TA taught Neapolitan to attack JA.

I really don't understand why they keep hammering on this Law of Attraction BS. I mean, it seems to have some significance to them. But after 2 months, I still don't understand how this helps JA.

I think they hammer away at it because it's BS. That is, I think the defense is trying to show how this Law of Attraction, which is a form of magical thinking, kept Arias from thinking rationally about her situation/relationship and prevented her, emotionally, from moving away from Travis.

Alyce is criticizing the Law of Attraction and is discussing how it's a form of psychological control. She said something like "it negates the impact one person has on another." So, if you believe that you have full control of your life by thinking the "right" thoughts, you're more apt to blame yourself when people hurt you, than to remove yourself from the company of the the people who hurt you. I think that the defense is trying expose how the Law of Attraction was used as a tool of emotional abuse.

I don't think this is helping Arias' case, but I do agree with this criticism in general.

I'm not finding AVL objectionable at all yet. I like her friendly demeanor and her matronly look. Won't help Jodi at all though.

So...what if she was attractive and surly? I don't know what this has to do with anything...just a hypothetical lol.:blushing:

I've never seen a trial where a judge allows so much hearsay in, hearsay mainly from a person who has no credibility. And the expert is taking her word as gospel. And is allowed to give her "impressions" of things that she has no idea about the dynamics of.

There is only one meaningful test for evidence accepted by the DT: The ability to, in fact, do the Hokey-Pokey. And not just the basic one. The whole thing. And you must get it all right. That pretty much explains the repetition of testimony (read "lie retelling") we have been witness to here.

I will pay money, good cash money, to see JW and Alice do the Hokey-Pokey. Okay, double if Nurmi joins in, but he has to really bring it home on the shake-it-all-about part. No half steppin'.

No JA or the deal's off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member