trial day 39: the defense continues its case in chief #117

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching HLNn(which I said I wouldn't do)
I am having an adult beverage (which I said I wouldn't do...much...)
I am ordering pizza (which i shouldn't do)

I feel this behavior shows that I have a shrunken hippocampus, PTSD and am really sad that in 10th grade I liked a boy who didn't like me back....

Maybe I should read "the Secret".....

I'm going back to the third grade when John Schick refused to be my partner in a class square dance we were doing.

I had to wear OVERALLS and BE THE BOY dancer with another girl.

Needless to say, that was the incident that got my Fauxgnesia rolling...then later my Selective Amnesia was triggered, of course.

another lie busted today, ALV said JA told TA no when she was awakened during an 'encounter' That was NOT what JA said during her testimony.

Yep. She said she never said anything, just went along and pretended to like it on the phone sex call. She also said that any time she said no, Travis stopped. Ergo, he never raped her.

Hopefully Juan will get his shot tomorrow.

another lie busted today, ALV said JA told TA no when she was awakened during an 'encounter' That was NOT what JA said during her testimony.

We have another one. I'm almost 100% certain that when Arias testified to texting another woman "Jodi cuddling with Travis" she said she lost her nerve and never sent it. ALV said she did send it.

I laughed at her definition of 'rationalizing' on the stand today. Guess she rationalized away her testifying on behalf of Arias.

In Ms. Demarte’s report, Jodi says she could leave, but the incident was escalating so she stayed until she calmed him down. . . . This is a cycle you see in relationships . . . . People have an intense exchange and after there is a quite period where they make up. . . . . This happens with people that are not abusive .. . . . You feel closer to the person . . . . In DV relationships it is more intense because events are more intense. . . . Women may feel like they don’t have a choice . . . When someone physically restrains you, you don’t have a choice. . . . Jodi tended to think this was an isolated incident. . . . This was the first physical encounter . . . . the verbal things are becoming more common. . . . She probably didn’t think it would happen again . . . . Travis may not have thought it would happen again. . . .

Oct 26, 2007, journal entry. . . . This entry was written after physical incident. . . . Judy is thinking that she may be starting to get over Travis . . . . She thinks she may have learned something . . . She is too quick to fall in love . . . But because of the way he treats her, she is losing her attraction . . . She is showing an inkling of pulling away. . . . At the end of the entry she talks about how she has become a shadow of what she was. . . .

Recessed for the day. Meet tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m.

Can someone please tell me what month ALV/JW are discussing now? Last I checked in, they had gotten to Aug. 2007. Any chance they reached 2008 by the end of the day?

No, we're up to October 2007.

Is it just me or did that list of names they claim TA was "dating" sound like some real names of people he knew sprinkled with a good helping of stripper names?
Probably Facebook friends.

Okay, so let me get this straight....

ALV says Jodi had a gratitude list and Travis was at the top of the list....

But they also say Travis was abusive, possessive, mean, unfaithful, etc.

Hmmmmm, excellent defense!

A defense that should lead Jodi straight to death row.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm gonna get yelled at by my diet doctor.. been poppin Reese eggs like crazy today ;)

Don't feel bad, I just ate a box of graham crackers. This trial has put major weight on me.

So ALV rattled off the names of all the woman Travis allegedly deceived - and they didn't know about each other...

So... how did ALV end up knowing about all of them?

Because JA knew about all of them... and this didn't raise a red flag with ALV? Not even once?

Oh right - she's bought it hook, line and sinker, so of course she missed this HUGE discrepancy - and a reasonable clue that JA was obsessive (snooping/stalking/texting as Travis)...

A high-school student could have given better 'expert' testimony about such high-school-ish goings on. With quite a bit more insight, imv.

You got it. Juan's gonna have a field day with this woman and at this point I have not an ounce of pity for what ALV is going to face on cross.

Okay, so let me get this straight....

ALV says Jodi had a gratitude list and Travis was at the top of the list....

But they also say Travis was abusive, possessive, mean, unfaithful, etc.

Hmmmmm, excellent defense!

A defense that should lead Jodi straight to death row.

Supposedly, this is because she was so messed up from being abused, she was just a shadow of her former self.

Dexter Morgan is my hero, so I'm behind the DP 100%. The defendant should pay with her life.

In my eyes, the defendant is an object. No longer human. No longer valuable in any sense. I see the defendant as a mistake, a defect, a cancer that needs to be removed from the world I live in. To grant a cancer the opportunity to live and experience anything I do- air, food, water, shelter, books, conversation, etc.- is an abomination.

She murdered an innocent man without remorse. There is no forgiveness for that. Ever. The only thing that would satisfy me is the defendant's destruction.

That being said, I certainly understand why someone is opposed to the taking of a life, no matter the circumstance. I do not agree, but I respect the point of view.

So well put. Thanks for that.

THANKS!

I must have missed that because I couldn't understand why Willie said something about 1st Consensual V'jj sex... I was thinkin when did JA ever say it wasn't Consensual as a matter of fact she made a point to say "All sex was Consensual" on the stand & "He never raped me" to EF on interrogation tapes..

Whoahhhhhhh definitely shows JAs manipulation of people to do what she wants from them..

i was just listening to nancy grace about juror #5. can you imagine now that she is free from not watching, listening, or reading about the trial all the new information she is going to get? it's going to BLOW HER MIND! haha.

if someone is LWOP or DP, are their living arrangements any different? i want jodi out of general population and stuck in a dark dank room for a long time to think about what a bad thing she did. like an eternal time out. whatever gives her the closest to that is what i think she deserves, ending in death whether naturally or by an injection is required.

Compared to good judges I have seen this one doesn't take any ownership of her courtroom. It's like she's just another participant rather than someone who "owns" that space and no one has any doubt about it.

It's like "a" courtroom rather than "Judge Samuels' courtroom.

One of the best judges I've witnessed is District Court Judge Joseph Bonaventure in Las Vegas--he seriously managed his courtroom & lost his mind in anger when needed. He has a Brooklyn accent, which makes it all great to watch. He did not mess around.

Look up Rudin's murder trial in Las Vegas:
Margaret Rudin's defense attorney (Amador) was having a mega-meltdown. He was sweating profusely & unprepared for trial due to cocaine use and his wife leaving him (she was his legal office manager).

"Frustrated by the attorney’s erratic behavior, district court judge Joseph Bonaventure at one point refused to allow Amador to address him. “I don’t trust him,” Bonaventure said in explaining why Amador needed to relay messages to the judge through his cocounsel, Thomas Pitaro. Eventually Rudin asked for a mistrial, citing Amador’s lack of preparation. Amador himself supported Rudin’s motion, which Bonaventure denied."
http://www.intouchdesigncommunications.com/portfolio/Brad%20Reagan/divorce.html

Yes...I say 2 more days. I mean we really only got a total of about 3 hours hours of actual testimony in today. Imo Juan wont be up until Monday.....:sigh:

I'm hoping Juan will get to ask questions by Monday, then Willmont will redirect, and if there are any juror questions (and since this is all regurgitated testimony, they might not). Really, since Jodi took the stand what - last year? - this is all extended JA testimony - 1st JA, then DrS with jodisms, now ALV with more jodisms - and all of it coming from Jodi - her journals or her mouth.
Enough Jodi words - repeated ad nauseum, and interpreted into a prefabricated defense shape.
Not sure what they're going for, but I can't imagine the jury is riveted. It would be ironic if the attentive juror they dismissed for whatever reason was highly objective individual by nature, and had been their best chance at reasonable doubt.

I had a husband that cheated on me, had his girlfriend calling my house, gave her a lot of money and he is still alive. I did not kill him and he was damn married when he committed infidelity.

Don't feel bad, I just ate a box of graham crackers. This trial has put major weight on me.

Methinks your junk food was healthier than mine!

Thinkin I may change my appt to next weds.. I've got enough meds to make it till then! Try to load up on salad & fruit next week to have at least a few pounds lost if only 2 better than gaining LOL! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89