trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I go and try to get some work done, and look what happens. Serves me right! Oh well, guess there's always tomorrow. Hopefully.:please:

Watching HLN Nurmi on the edge of his seat like he is ready to leave.
Wonder ho much longer until ALV "gets ill"...

I think this was pre-planned.
He did sit back in his chair.

Why does JW refer to every one of JA's bogus writings as a journal "article"?

Is JA a published author anywhere other than in her own mind?

How many people have deleted all of their emails, texts and voicemails after watching this trial??

This should be the ad for this product

Remember before you do the crime or the time

2viovwx.jpg

ALV said yesterday that all people cheat on their taxes but since everyone does it, it's okay.

She said that rationale (that everyone else does it, too) is a way for her/us to feel good about ourselves.

Yes, that would be an expert witness for JA, alright.

You are kidding? Not? Oh i hope the IRS heard that.
No...everybody does not cheat on their taxes.

So, let me see if I can kind of pull a portion of some of this morning's "stand out" testiphony into something I can understand:

JA moved to Mesa because...uh...I'm still not clear on that. Neither was ALV.

Jodi went home for Christmas. TA was supposed to show up there in a Jerry Maguire moment with a RING. He didn't. In fact, he didn't get her ANYTHING. This caused her great distress and turned into an "incident."

He tried to make it up to her because, well, he was nicer than any ex-boyfriend I EVER had, and bought her a hymnal, a sweater, and other nice gifts. (ALV wants ME to believe this appeased her. She also wants me to believe JA wasn't jealous of other women TA was interested in.)

#1 on Jodi's "To Do" list for 2008 was "getting married." (She put that in writing. Writing is significant with this "law of attraction" thing, which says, in Jodi's world, "Write it down and it will be so!" Only TA was not cooperating.)

JA had marriage on the brain. And she only wanted to marry one person: Travis Alexander.

Travis had marriage on the brain, too, only there was one person he WASN'T going to marry: Jodi. And I believe he told her this over. And over. And OVER. With actions and with words. :twocents:

Just jumping off from your post (because ITA), have you ever wondered what would have happened if Travis had actually married her?

My DW says that maybe Mrs. Brady made her breakfast given her busy schedule lately; let's face it, there was never any real evidence Mrs. Brady could cook. That may explain the problem now.

I woke up when Violet was talking about JA seeing another guy. Don't recall the name but I don't think I'd heard about him before. Was he mentioned before?

It was discussing a 2/26/08 journal entry. The name was Sam Schultz and JA was excited to meet him.

I'd never heard his name mentioned before either.

Anybody else?

My DW says that maybe Mrs. Brady made her breakfast given her busy schedule lately; let's face it, there was never any real evidence Mrs. Brady could cook. That may explain the problem now.

Please give your wife a high five for me...in the name of TRA (The Real Alice). :D

So, let me see if I can kind of pull a portion of some of this morning's "stand out" testiphony into something I can understand:

JA moved to Mesa because...uh...I'm still not clear on that. Neither was ALV.

Jodi went home for Christmas. TA was supposed to show up there in a Jerry Maguire moment with a RING. He didn't. In fact, he didn't get her ANYTHING. This caused her great distress and turned into an "incident."
He tried to make it up to her because, well, he was nicer than any ex-boyfriend I EVER had, and bought her a hymnal, a sweater, and other nice gifts. (ALV wants ME to believe this appeased her. She also wants me to believe JA wasn't jealous of other women TA was interested in.)

#1 on Jodi's "To Do" list for 2008 was "getting married." (She put that in writing. Writing is significant with this "law of attraction" thing, which says, in Jodi's world, "Write it down and it will be so!" Only TA was not cooperating.)

JA had marriage on the brain. And she only wanted to marry one person: Travis Alexander.

Travis had marriage on the brain, too, only there was one person he WASN'T going to marry: Jodi. And I believe he told her this over. And over. And OVER. With actions and with words. :twocents:

Annnnd....how many months old was this relationship at that point? Ummm, if I was barely "dating" somebody, I sure as shock wouldn't LET HIM KNOW I WAS MAD HE DIDN'T BUY ME A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. OMG. Pushy, much? That in itself speaks to HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU, JODI.

But according to ALV - this makes TA an abuser because he didn't buy her a present...........................GMAFB my head is going to explode. I can only hope the jurors are seeing this the way we are.

I'm sure she's not under subpoena. And she can stop working for the defense any time she wants--slavery has been outlawed I hear. :)
What would be the outcome if she quit? Would the jury be told to disregard her testimony? That's a trick I could see the defense playing.

Please give your wife a high five for me...in the name of TRA (The Real Alice). :D

You realize you've made her day. I'll never hear the end of it. But wait, will it be abusive for me to tell her? It seems a nice thing to do. Doesn't that mean I'm going to end up doing something destructive on account of the power differential? I'm concerned about my dinner.

Annnnd....how many months old was this relationship at that point? Ummm, if I was barely "dating" somebody, I sure as shock wouldn't LET HIM KNOW I WAS MAD HE DIDN'T BUY ME A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. OMG. Pushy, much? That in itself speaks to HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU, JODI.

But according to ALV - this makes TA an abuser because he didn't buy her a present...........................GMAFB my head is going to explode. I can only hope the jurors are seeing this the way we are.

I thought some Mormons do not even celebrate Christmas.

thank you guys for making it clear about avl lack of continuing education. now i see the connection when jm called avl a social worker and the dt objected. maybe avl thinks the teacher can't be taught. interesting tho. moo

I get the feeling that ALV is going to end up saying that JA was perfectly justified in killing TA.

So. Very interesting. I have continued to examine witnesses, argue before a jury, etc. with a raging infection, on medication that made me shake uncontrollably, with a horrible cold requiring the use of approx. 15 tissues per hour, etc. I had absolutely no idea that calling in sick was an option unless I was calling in near-dead.

It also sounds like one of the jurors was sick one day per KCL's observation in court but he didn't call in sick. It's sad to to see what the family and jurors are enduring to get to the end of this trial. :moo:

You realize you've made her day. I'll never hear the end of it. But wait, will it be abusive for me to tell her? It seems a nice thing to do. Doesn't that mean I'm going to end up doing something destructive on account of the power differential? I'm concerned about my dinner.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I thought some Mormons do not even celebrate Christmas.

I've never heard that, but I'm no expert. Some Jehovah's Witnesses do not -- I think they believe it's just a pagan holiday that morphed into the day Jesus was born. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member