trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, if the DT really is trying to string out the testimony until they get the last word on Thursday, they are missing the unintended consequences.

First, this isn't like when class gets cancelled and everyone can go out and enjoy the day. Other people have truly put important matters aside to perform their civic duty through jury service. These delays remind them of what they forfeited.

AND Juan Martinez isn't going to go home and take a cat nap. This extra time gives him a chance to sharpen the rebuttal down to a fine point. I think everyone can appreciate his succinctness at this juncture. :saber:

You realize you've made her day. I'll never hear the end of it. But wait, will it be abusive for me to tell her? It seems a nice thing to do. Doesn't that mean I'm going to end up doing something destructive on account of the power differential? I'm concerned about my dinner.

I think as long as your passing along to your wife I want a high five does not connote (in hers, yours or anyone here's mind) that a 3some is being suggested or that you are LYING and we are really having an affair, cyber or otherwise, you *might* be safe.

In any case, I'd have Dominos on the speed dial just to be sure.:blushing:

I'm watching HLN because they take so many breaks from the trial that it goes all day... something obviously was going on in the dynamics between JW and ALV right before the testimony about the trip to Carlsbad Caverns and Roswell. ALV seems to space out... answers "yeah" to a question by JW. JW says, "Is that yes?" in a snippy way. Then when ALV is talking about Jodi and Travis visiting Carlsbad Caverns, she offers an aside that it's a really pretty place and she's never been but would like to go. JW cuts her off, and the best I can describe the way she does it is antagonistic-passive-aggressive.

Something is going on at this point in testimony today... maybe ALV truly is sick, or maybe the defense team is having issues with its witness.

Can the DV lady refuse to get back on the stand???

I wonder if her nerves are getting to the best of her and making her ill.

One would think the judge would hold her in contempt of court and let her sit in jail until she decided to get back on that ole witness stand and face the wrath of Juan Martinez! ;)

I've never heard that, but I'm no expert. Some Jehovah's Witnesses do not -- I think they believe it's just a pagan holiday that morphed into the day Jesus was born. Something like that.

OK. You are right! duh...
It is Jehovah's Witness.
My bad!

Annnnd....how many months old was this relationship at that point? Ummm, if I was barely "dating" somebody, I sure as shock wouldn't LET HIM KNOW I WAS MAD HE DIDN'T BUY ME A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. OMG. Pushy, much? That in itself speaks to HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU, JODI.

But according to ALV - this makes TA an abuser because he didn't buy her a present...........................GMAFB my head is going to explode. I can only hope the jurors are seeing this the way we are.

Uh, what did it cost Travis that December to replace his slashed tires twice and maybe Lisa's once?

I think as long as your passing along to your wife I want a high five does not connote (in hers, yours or anyone here's mind) that a 3some is being suggested or that you are LYING and we are really having an affair, cyber or otherwise, you *might* be safe.

Or at least some pop rocks in my pocket.

We've opened the new thread. Please start to move over to the below link. This thread will close in 15 minutes.

Please continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204073"]trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Is jw done im out and about

Oh no, court is adjourned for the day because ALV was suddenly struck sick and had to cancel the entire day, although she was testifying and grinning moments before she was stricken with whatever.

Annnnd....how many months old was this relationship at that point? Ummm, if I was barely "dating" somebody, I sure as shock wouldn't LET HIM KNOW I WAS MAD HE DIDN'T BUY ME A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. OMG. Pushy, much? That in itself speaks to HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU, JODI.

But according to ALV - this makes TA an abuser because he didn't buy her a present...........................GMAFB my head is going to explode. I can only hope the jurors are seeing this the way we are.

BBM

It depends on how you define "relationship." They had been "officially" broken up for 6 months or so. BUT they had KNOWN each other for about 1 year and 2 months.

JA seems like a "round up" kind of gal to me. I'll bet she was going with the "we've been together over a year" mindset. And I'll bet she was selling THAT to her family, too. :twocents:

I remember from personal experience, saying to my ex, " Congrats-- No, I am not upset--I just want you to be happy..."

...but of course I was crushed and dying of jealousy inside...

I hope the jury realizes that just because someone tells their ex " I just want you to be happy" it does not mean they aren't feeling jealous or upset.

It is actually kind of manipulative and dishonest. Sometimes, if a person has truly moved on, then it is authentic and truthful. But often it is just a mask or a cover for some true feelings.

FORCE a teenager to come home who they pretty well knew was a sociopath? And they had three other children? :what::what:

I am sure they were praying she would STAY AWAY!
Just sayin.....

Y.E.S. She is their daughter and legally and morally they were responsible until she turned 18.

The fact that they allowed her to leave home at age 15 says it all for me. I don't care how horrible she was!

I thought leading questions are only supposed to be on cross?? Seems like 95% of JW's direct of this woman is leading!! Utterly frustrating!

I'm watching the end of her testimony and she seems like she's getting a bit spacy but she's still grinning (inappropriately) looking to Jodi for *whatever* and doesn't appear in extreme pain, breaking out in a sweat, eyes crossing, bleeding, vomiting , head spinning or any other signs of acute distress. CON JOB.

I firmly believe she has IBS. Stress brings it. She has to use the bathroom, we know from prior. Stress is getting worse and suddenly she is excused from the stand for.............the bathroom. Juan isn't even up yet, so can you imagine how bad it is gonna be when that time comes?

I wish I could think of something to say to that. But let's face it, there's no way out for me at this point. I ought to just prepare for the worst. I mean, I bought her Christmas, Valentine's, Birthday, even Easter gifts just in the last four months. How could I ever make up for that?

Oh no, court is adjourned for the day because ALV was suddenly struck sick and had to cancel the entire day, although she was testifying and grinning moments before she was stricken with whatever.

Maybe someone sent negative feelings her way. You know how that can work. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson