trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #120

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi is introducing a motion to sequester the jury.

Reason is because the police interviews with her parents and her journal diaries have been broadcast.

Oh, for pete's sake.

Nurmi is pitching a fit about the newly released tapes and journals.

Is he seriously asking for another mistrial?

Motion for sequestration by defense. Because of Jodi's Journal Articles are out there

Omg..sequestration... anything to stall or cause a mistrial.

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. *big <mod snip> sigh*

ETA....oh lovely juan! got in a nice little jab of the DT! hehe

:seeya: Hi guys!

I've been on a mental health hiatus so I'm a little out of the loop - I haven't seen the interrogation videos - but I can't help but think of my ex-MIL when I think of Sandy Arias.

So to lend my perspective, just FWIW, I don't have compassion for my ex-MIL. In my books she has the potential to be almost as dangerous as her son. While she wouldn't intentionally hurt someone, she will and has done so, under the guise she is helping her son. Her access to intimate details of my and kiddos lives is extremely limited because that knowledge has been supplied to her son repeatedly despite me defining abuse and stalking by proxy for her. ;)

That said, I understand, to some degree the magnitude of loving someone who is psychopathic. And how chaotically crazy and nonsensical it is. I do pity her though - simply because she will never know what its like to have a healthy relationship with her child. He will never be able to truly love her and she will never know the dream she continues to chase.
That I do honestly find really sad.

JMO

I agree with you up to a certain point. Once a person becomes an adult though, it's very difficult - if not impossible - for family members to compel them seek treatment. I don't like Sandy Arias and I don't support or respect her conduct in court or her seeming indifference to the feelings of the Alexander family. In her shoes, I would have begged their forgiveness and would sit quietly and respectfully in the courtroom. I think it's sad that SA hasn't taken the high road. That said, I can still feel compassion for a mother who has found herself in the middle of a horrendous situation over which she had no control.

I agree with you as well. The situation in which SA finds herself is awful, and I do sympathize, however the family knew about JA's mental problems when she was a teenager, and probably earlier than that. They had time to help her, but they didn't.

"I don't watch the media as much as the defense does, I guess." LOVE HIM!!!!!

:lol: JM - I don't watch tv as much as Mr. Nurmi thinks!

HA!

Martinez just said he doesn't watch tv as much as defense counsel does!

Go Juan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member