trial day 41: the defense continues its case in chief #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG...

I'm 12 pages behind because I just COULD NOT take my eyes off Juan while he was up.

I need to catch my breath now.

Why is the camera still on? Showing juror #5?? Strange...

ETA - they just turned it off.

Judge is taking LaV back in the hallway to have a private discussion! I bet she is going to explain that she is not allowed to school Juan from the stand no matter how rude he acts!

But she will say "I don't like that way he is treating me!" BOOHOO!

Donovan and those women who were laughing need to be banned from the courtroom. Travis' family and friends and not allowed to show emotion, but they can laugh out loud, shake their head and roll their eyes over and over? What's wrong with this picture?

Didn't you know? We are now living in the land of criminals rights.

JSKS: "nything else?"

JM: ust the little issue involving Miss LaV that you said you wanted to discuss."

Oh! Judge Sherry wants to have a little confab with Miss LaV! Interesting! Did somebody get caught not being sick last night?

Speaking to victims family when coming off stand for afternoon break maybe?

With Alyce's version of her continuum - which really does make some good points, to be fair - almost everyone is either abusive or abused. It's trying to be more subjective by entertaining several 'levels' of abusive behaviors but instead leans too far by twisting isolated acts of abusive behaviors, found in many otherwise healthy relationships, into the definition of an abusive relationship altogether. To my mind, they're totally different things. I think one can call their husband a moron and it is by definition an abusive behavior. What makes one an abuser is repeatedly berating, demeaning, and controlling their husband's behavior on a consistent and persistent basis. We all say and do things in the heat of anger...abuse isn't about anger though. It just manifests as that, often, because anger is used as a tool to control and intimidate victims of IPV.

But, hey, I don't have a Ph.D. either so this is JMO. ;)

I am actually an abuse survivor. My stepmother went to jail for beating the crap out of me when I was 17, and she was charged and convicted of domestic violence.

I just got divorced and I was in an 8 year abusive relationship and believe it or not, I was diagnosed with PTSD and GAD (since I was 5) and the therapist also said I was a victim of spousal abuse and noted into my medical history and it's also a crux of my divorce case.

Just because it's not in the DSM does it mean that being abused isn't a relevant diagnosis. I don't like being compared to Snow White, either.

And I believe that JA is guilty. Not a fan of his approach today. Sorry.

My history is similar to yours, right down to the diagnosis. And I am relishing EVERY MINUTE of this cross, because Juan Martinez is showing the court and the world that fake diagnoses based on a defendant's fairy tale is not true domestic violence, but a mockery of it.

Do you want to spar with me or answer my questions?!? :great: This is priceless.

I think I get where JM is going with this "Snow White" questioning, but I don't want to leave any hints for the defense team if they read here ;)

Haha me too, this man is brilliant!! :bow:

NOBODY help the defense by posting opinions of Juan's cross!!! ;)

I got where he is going. She applied TA to her continuum based off of not knowing him, not interviewing him. She applied his childhood into it as well. Now she is saying she can not comment about Snow White because she does not know the relationship or anything. She caught on, that is why she was trying so hard to confuse us with her responses, but you could tell she tripped herself up.

Like JM said, you can apply a completely made up myth/story to your so called guide...

I now agree with others who've posted that she's a narcissist. Fo Sho. Did you see her contempt for Juan Martinez? All because he's a mean man. Men are evil.

Her career is done.:seeya:

Im glad he kept witht he snow white story. she has no time over the weekend to see where he is ultimately going. Come monday morning he's gonna bring it to her. willmott thought she was slick trying to handover the witness with only a half hour to spare, figuring juan would go all in with his evidence and all she got was a bedtime story lol.

I'm thinking the DT will coach her over the weekend how to answer snow
white questions, and

monday am, jm will start somewhere else.

jmo

They're showing juror #5 on WAT live feed. She's still in the courtroom even though almost all of the other spectators have left. I think the camera is supposed to be off?

Yea- who is she waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members