trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree tss, Judge Sherry has to take some of the responsibility but I feel she is accommodating the Defenses actions to avoid liability upon appeal.

To date I have only seen her refuse a " may we approach?" once, and once only. I would love to see more of it, as would Juan Martinez I suppose.:floorlaugh:

She's going to appeal on so many things no matter if she has gotten a fair trial with the Judge giving her team a pass every now and then. She's going to say her team was ineffective, there will be problems with JM, she will say that there were problems with the jury, blah, blah, blah.

i think the manafesto is the letter she wrote the grandmother she talks about that letter on 48 hours...she wrote it in jail and didnt know if travis gm received it. oh by the way new here hello

Welcome to WS deb2e!

Glad you joined us.

:great:

originally posted by minor4th~"...Both Alyce and Juan seem tired, and bored and distracted. In fact, even the judge and Wilmott seem disengaged "

it seemed to me that Juan sounded sick, like he had a slight upper respiratory illness

That was the first thing I thought of too for Juan -- can't really explain the lack of interest with the others though

Chapter 1

Once upon a time there was >>>> <<<<.

Given this definition, it's easy to deduce what is written in the Arias manifesto ...

"I, Jodi Ann Arias, intend on killing Travis Alexander because he will not take me to Cancun. If I get caught, I will simply proclaim my innocence, tell a thousand lies, and hire a couple of experts to support any scenario I put forward. And I might add that no jury will ever convict me."

Given that Nurmi wants off this case so bad, I cannot imagine he would be trying so hard for a mistrial unless it benifits the DT in some was. Their ship is sinking. If one was granted would she get a new set of lawyers? Could this be a ploy to get off the trail so that Nurmi's reputation isn't totally squashed?

Asked the same thing yesterday got no answer or I missed it, since this board. Moves so fast?

can you imagine how chit-faced those reading along would be???? I'm sure there would be??? I'm thinking everytime she said it yesterday it was mentioned on the thread.....:facepalm::floorlaugh::twocents:

Glad the drinking phrase isn't 'Mister Martinez,' lawdy.:fence:

:goodpost:

She says that all of her analysis is in her head and not written down. What the hades kind of witness doesn't write stuff down for it to be reviewed?
coocoo-1.gif

I'm trying to debate- either an expert witness who can't use MS word or one who doesn't want to leave a paper trail for posterity. :furious:

Jane, I worry all the time about that. The Caylee Anthony case seriously shook our faith in the justice system and some of us have not recovered but I have to believe that her case was an anomoly not the norm. :please:

Similar concerns, which I guess is to be expected. I hate to ask this, because I know it is nothing anyone wants to imagine happening, but what if the jury happened to believe her self defense claim?

What would the charge be? 2nd degree murder? Manslaughter? Considering she has been incarcerated for 4+ years, in such a scenario and with time served, how long until she would be set free? :(

Someone posted a few hours ago, that AZ has not executed any woman given the DP in 80 years. So, if true, even if JA given the DP, little chance of it being carried out.

ja will be an ugly old pruneface before she gets the needle. i heard of a study about death row inmates- at least half of them die of NATURAL CAUSES before death is carried out-- but knowing she will be an ugly old pruneface locked away growing old and hopefully she will have early onset dementia, well, that would make me happy!

She (JW) is the twin that she has been searching for since her Mother is a twin. Thats why I believe she does everything in 2s except for gas cans. There is some sort of connection she feels she is lacking. Is it jealousy? :what:

I live for the moment Jodi Arias decides she's got nothing left to lose...and it is Wilmott's fault. In my imagination, I see those flat shark eyes darken and her head turn slowly toward Wilmott for a long implacable stare as she moves her arm slowly back as if stretching-- then she one sudden jab to her neck to crush her hyoid bone to silence her.

I know for a fact that prisoners learn how to kill and maim with only bare hands. My son told me the details and how they prepare their hands to be weapons. You are all noticing her hands-- I'll bet you she has learned what my son showed me.

Her violence in prison will earn her a private cell, which is what she wants.

I try hard to respect the justice system but this circus is really bothering me.
I don't understand why the jury can't see all the evidence ?
Give them ALL the emails, text, interviews.
Why the games.
The facts are the facts, she killed Travis in a very brutual way and she planned the entire thing, so true justice, she would be put to death, why try and lie to the jury ?

Rant done, just very frustrated how the world is now a days.

I was watching Most Evil last night.

The state should get Dr. Michael Stone to testify on the "scale of evil" and Jodi's rating.

I was texted my sister one day--used a little of the websleuths lingo and she texted me back--text normal words....lol:floorlaugh: Was it suri who wouldn't let you use curse word?? (I don't have her --- want her_ she can be picky sometimes....

No - not Suri - I have Android. It's Dragon Speak I think.

So how late do we think we will be today,I'm betting about 31 minutes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This is great! A very good explanation of ALV's CV.

The articles below it are excellent, too. (I can't figure out who wrote them. It wasn't Kristina Randle, but I can't find an author's name.) You can find them by clicking on "Jodi Arias Articles" at the top.

I wanted to quote one paragraph about Borderline Personality Disorder because I know a lot of us think Jodi has it:

Clinical Picture of Someone With BPD

Persons with BPD have great difficulty moving out of their home and into the world, alone. For instance, they oftentimes have great difficulty moving away to college. They often will struggle, return and then have to attend a local college or university. They have a great fear of abandonment. A hallmark characteristic of BPD is self-mutilation. This often goes beyond simple cutting. It may involve using a knife or scalpel to carve their boyfriends initials into their arm or thigh. Or using a lit cigarette to burn the initials deep into their skin.

Their love relationships alternate, within their mind, between idealization and total devaluation. If we look at Jodi’s journals, we can see no sign of this fluctuation. Her relationship with Travis appeared to be fairly steady. There was very little fluctuation in how she describes the relationship or how she wrote about the relationship in her journals.

We have not heard or read from her journals, that Jodi engaged in any type of self-mutilating behavior.

Jodi was not at all afraid to move from home. She had jobs in cities far from home. She lived with Darryl for a number of years before leaving him for Travis. She has testified to the fact that she had broken up with most of her boyfriends, including Travis. It was her decision to move back to Yreka. This all shows a level of independence that is not characteristic of BPD.

Borderline people act impulsively. They do so because it gives them immediate relief from the extraordinarily intense emotions that they may feel. This impulsivity is more likely to cause self-harm than harm to others. They might, in a fit of rage, pick up a gun and shoot someone but there is no premeditation. Remember, their acts are impulsive, they are spur of the moment actions. They are emotionally impulsive. They would not steal a gun a week before they shoot someone. They would not borrow and purchase gas cans, so as not to leave a trail of receipts that would link them to the murder scene. They would not remove the battery from their phone so that there would be no record of cell phone pings from the towers in Arizona. The borderlines’ actions show no preparation, no planning, no scheming. They are impulsive. Their actions show this impulsivity. It is a hallmark characteristic of their disorder. They would not premeditate a murder. Jodi, most certainly premeditated her murder of Travis and this alone, disqualifiers her from a diagnosis of borderline PD

The author says some may disagree, this is just his/her take. The articles are long but well worth reading.

ALV has been poorly prepared as a defense witness. She is also a poor witness since she doesn't understand that blabbing on after a "yes or no" question does not advance JA cause.

Once again, like Samuels before, ALV has a hypertrophied ego demonstrated by her reaction to hostile questions:

"How Dare You Question My Expertise!!!"

Her deliberate enunciated "MISTER MARTINEZ " is loaded with contempt.
JA and ALV both behaved similarly.

Maybe ALV thinks that JA was justified - not by self-defense, mind you - in murdering Travis, based on his treatment of her alone. The only time this could possibly be justified, imo, is when you are in a long-term, committed relationship, where you live with the abuser, and that abuser is hyper-controlling and threatening bodily harm constantly, maybe even harming pets to show they have no compunction about hurting something they "love."

I could see having an ACTUAL domestic violence expert defend the killer, in that case, if the abuser came at him or her with an intent to kill, and the victim saw no other way out. Or if the person was protecting another family member.

But ALV is defending Jodi appropos of NOTHING (sorry for the yelling). She's now trying to back-peddle and justify. Reminds me - and this is probably TMI - of when I was a kid, and did something wrong, and I tried to "story" my way out of it. You know you're sunk, but you don't want the consequences that are waiting for you right next to the truth.

:moo:

Jane, I worry all the time about that. The Caylee Anthony case seriously shook our faith in the justice system and some of us have not recovered but I have to believe that her case was an anomoly not the norm. :please:

Yeah the caylee trial verdict! Knocked the wind out of me. I was devastated by the verdict.
Please someone tell me this isn't going to happen again.

Glad the drinking phrase isn't 'Mister Martinez,' lawdy.:fence:

It would cause a mistrial so it shouldn't happen but imagine if everyone in the courtroom took a swig of water each time ALV says the word context.

I'm trying to debate- either an expert witness who can't use MS word or one who doesn't want to leave a paper trail for posterity. :furious:

Agreed, or write a report? Or use references (other than what you create)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member