trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the trial supposed to start at 12:30 EST? Will the mistrial objection be televised?

Similar concerns, which I guess is to be expected. I hate to ask this, because I know it is nothing anyone wants to imagine happening, but what if the jury happened to believe her self defense claim?

What would the charge be? 2nd degree murder? Manslaughter? Considering she has been incarcerated for 4+ years, in such a scenario and with time served, how long until she would be set free? :(

Unfortunately, if the jury buys the self defense claim, she walks. Self defense is a complete defense to any degree of murder. But the jury could reject the self defense claim and still come back with a 2nd degree or manslaughter conviction (provided that the judge finds sufficient evidence to give jury instruction on those charges).

I can't imagine all twelve jurors would by the self defense silliness. But there might be one, and that would make it a hung jury.

:floorlaugh: If I ever need a good laugh all I need to watch is Juan vs. Doc $.

The whole time he testified I kept thinking any moment he's going to say, 'to be or not to be'. He had a very odd way of speaking IMO

I was not the same for a very long time. I do look at the justice system differently since that trial.

I realized in that case, if you pick the right jury, anything can happen, OJ, Robert Blake, was worried a bit about Phil Spector, but apparently he enjoys a minimum security part of the prison for prisoners with special needs (well bet he misses that castle and a new young wife).

Any predictions for today? Will nurmi try to get rid of another trial? I think it was because a juror laughed about the Einstein comment. How many times has Violette and wilmott giggled inappropriately?

I think the jurors are Human and maybe they were tired and you know when your tired sometimes you think everything is funny?

WildAboutTrial Juan is here setting up his desk area. He has a black suit on with a golden tie. No one else present at the moment. #JodiArias

I used to be able to do that---then their phone service went bye-bye (long story there)---then in desperation I FB some of their friends out of frustration and worry (again with the long story)---and oppsie accidently asked one of their friends to be my friend....opps!!!!!! teach me not to be det. Mom They are in their 20's and I HATE TEXTING :furious:

Oh, I am so with you. I have carpel tunnel and I carefully explained to all my children that it is painful to text, but less so than IMing. Please, I said, call me I love to hear your voice.

They texted me anyway. One said, "Can't call I am at work" so I'm thinking, why not call me after work? "Can't because I'm driving." Use a handsfree? "Doesn't work right." Call me when you get home then. "Have to make dinner."

Anyway, here's what we ended up with. They text me and I instant message them on the computer because they apparently get those on their phones. They don't like it as well but it is a good compromise.

And I finally broke down and learned the abbreviations and when I use them, they think it's hilarious. LOL!

But I was the first to get a Roku and the first to use a dongle in the family, so there.

:seeya: Let's see :waitasec:

First there will be the usual "motion for mistrial" filed by the defense team ...

Then there will be another "motion" for some sort of bull dinky filed by the defense team ...

Then there will be another "motion" for some more bull dinky filed by the defense team ...

:dunno: probably anywhere from 35-55 minutes ?

You left out accusing Juan Martinez of some sort of prosecutorial misconduct!

Tire slashing was, I think, December 2007. Murder was June 4, 2008.

Thanks.
And he suspected her right?
Were the cops called in on that?
And then I was told here that the outer door to the house was not even locked?

Sad he ever let her get close to him again.

WildAboutTrial ‏@WildAboutTrial 48s
Juan is here setting up his desk area. He has a black suit on with a golden tie. No one else present at the moment. #JodiArias

ALaV is suspicious of the prosecutor's intent & so, tiresomely circumspect. Entirely a flop at coy. But she could be admonished when she refuses to answer yes or no, without Martinez asking. The admonitions should suffice, if severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat