trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #129

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALV is going to regret her wisecrack: "If it were me, I would want to feel normal, too...after an event like that." She thought she was so cute - even had a wacky smile on her face. I'm really beginning to believe she hates men - and with Travis's murder, it means one more 'alfa male' is out of the way. This trial is beginning to define ALV's inner demons, as well as JA's.

The manipulative defense team has managed to keep out tape with her father. :(

This just kills me.. I am old fashioned. Probably too much so, however if my job was to decide on cases where often, SEX forcible sex, or anal sex was part of the abuse suffered by victims, I would be dang well schooled in it and be able to discuss it..

I think personally that she is not a domestic violence expert but a woman who does not particularly like men and made this her profession to "get" them.

This to me is evident in that all the impartial evidence points to JODI being the aggressor and stalked and Travis was the victim and she can not see that.. She is to blinded by her own feelings.

Great point.

Like a brain surgeon who is turned off by the sight of blood or icky stuff.

It calls into question her abilities and opinions.

Was it? I thought he did get to use it. My initial gut-reaction response on the legal thread was that it would be inadmissible. Then I read wenwe4's summaries and thought he did get to use it, so I went back and read Rule 608 and thought, well, actually it should be admissible...

Oh! Wait! I see the problem, I think. The tape would be hearsay. Her dad should be able to testify about it, and if he lies the tape could be played to impeach him, but playing the tape before dad gets on the stand is a problem.

A very small snippet was played for Alyce outside the juries presence.

Does Ms LV think that it makes her sound smarter to sound so "out of it." She's old fashioned........she is not computer smart.......she doesn't know the difference between texting and email. Seriously! She sounds like she is braging about "not knowing." Ugh

Exactly. Martinez is BRILLIANT. Because the conclusion which can be fairly drawn from all of this is that the we can disbelieve the opinion she testified about, the one she arrived at after cherry picking evidence, putting those bits together in her head, then leaving it there to dry out and fade. Surely to fade, because she's old.

Old old old old old.

The context of her testimony is out of touch. Dusty. Rusted. Dated. Prudish.

(btw i do not actually think 65 is old, just that ALV is old)

Hi everyone. I had another obligation this morning. I just got here. What did I miss? Is ALV shaking in her boots yet?:seeya:

You'll have to watch it on Youtube later. You'll love it.

This just kills me.. I am old fashioned. Probably too much so, however if my job was to decide on cases where often, SEX forcible sex, or anal sex was part of the abuse suffered by victims, I would be dang well schooled in it and be able to discuss it..

I think personally that she is not a domestic violence expert but a woman who does not particularly like men and made this her profession to "get" them.

This to me is evident in that all the impartial evidence points to JODI being the aggressor and stalked and Travis was the victim and she can not see that.. She is to blinded by her own feelings.

I think so too. There is a blind vindictiveness to her methodology that just defies any other explanation.

Beldon, I see you are prolly new, Welcome to WS.

When you post boom (or anyone else) can you put something else in your post for those of us that arent watching the live feed so we know what just happened.

I seen that several times yesterday from several posters and it was driving me crazy not knowing what just happened.

I am watching right but for those who doesnt have the live feed.

Thank You.

Thanks for the welcome!

BOOM! JA just nailed ALV (again) :)

I have an innocent question to ask so please don't throw tomatoes at me.

I heard (a rumour I suppose, not fact) that ALV has a female partner. Wouldn't that mean she is at least familiar (in theory) with non-traditional forms of sex? Why is she then acting so shy and traditional?

catgifpage59.gif

Can you do some cute puppies too, pretty please.

Ask her about the camping trip and how many clients/patients/defendants she's known over her vast career that have done anything nearly similar as going to a remote location, with 6 members of the opposite sex she admittedly doesn't know well, as the lone female with a weapon for protection which, if overpowered, could be used against her?

Because my own list is pretty damned short...but I don't have decades of experience to draw from either. ;)

OH Yes that needs to be asked, I think she enjoyed that murder and was planning the next one.

Well that is the morning session over.....a few statistics:

Expected court time 170 minutes.:great:
Actual court time 126 minutes. :what:
Total time that jury was present 108 minutes. :fence:
Total time that testimony was heard 81 minutes. :what:
Total sidebars 15. :banghead:
Longest continuous testimony without interruption 14 minutes. :what:
Average testimony without interruption 6.2 minutes. :woohoo:
Total objections 38. :banghead:
Average testimony without objection 2.1 minutes. :seeya:

:moo:

grumpy_zps9e148790.png

It's one of those "Calgon, take me away" moments.

Personally, I think she is going for the don't be mean to me bad man. I am just a little old fashioned lady. Nondescript clothing, no makeup. She has had makeup on the other days.

Hi everyone. I had another obligation this morning. I just got here. What did I miss? Is ALV shaking in her boots yet?:seeya:

It has been a total disaster this morning for the DT and H E double toothpicks for Alyce in Juanderland this AM.:great::great::great:

The sol called Defense Atty experts on HLN talk about Juan jumping all over the place as if that is a criticism. Truth is he the the ability to take advantage of any opening and segway right into it.

EVERY D (so-called) "expert" that they have on that channel goes on and on about the same thing... I think that it must be working if they all hate it so much. Either that or that's the only thing that they can try and argue as a negative about JM. I bet the duhfense attorney for the woman that JM successfully prosecuted onto Death Row said the same thing and look where that got him/her. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member