trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #129

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asking this also for the last day, and no information but I'm having same problem, and see over 400 folks in the room???? Anyone that can help us???? TIA!

I think iphones and ipads are getting in. Androids are not for some reason.

When that happens just get out of it and then go back to Ustream and type in Azfamily again and click on live. Works real well for me. Guess it has to be rebooted. Hope this works for you.

Had to reload also. Discovered there are 2 different streams, one says video the other says live streaming.

An ex parte judicial proceeding is conducted for the benefit of only one party. Ex parte may also describe contact with a person represented by an attorney, outside the presence of the attorney. The term ex parte is used in a case name to signify that the suit was brought by the person whose name follows the term. (from on line legal dictionary)

EX PARTE

Lat. 'By or for one party' or 'by one side.'

Refers to situations in which only one party (and not the adversary) appears before a judge. Such meetings are often forbidden.

Although a judge is normally required to meet with all parties in a case and not with just one, there are circumstances where this rule does not apply and the judge is allowed to meet with just one side (ex parte) such as where a plaintiff requests an order (say to extend time for service of a summons) or dismissal before the answer or appearance of the defendant(s).

In addition, sometimes judges will issue temporary orders ex parte (that is, based on one party's request without hearing from the other side) when time is limited or it would do no apparent good to hear the other side of the dispute. For example, if a wife claims domestic violence, a court may immediately issue an ex parte order telling her husband to stay away. Once he's out of the house, the court holds a hearing, where he can tell his side and the court can decide whether the ex parte order should be made permanent.

:cheers::cheers: I was just going to google this!

I'm here and listening. But MUST do taxes..I only have until Thursday to finish what I'm doing. Yesterday's kitty drama took over. When I figure out how to upload a pic from my PC to here, I will. Kitty had to have 2 inches of tail amputated and it looks beyond weird. About 8 inches of normal tail with hair but then about 5 inches of what looks like either a rat tail, an extension cord or an opossum tail. HE by the way is going about his business as if nothing had ever happened. Best part is, no aftercare. No meds,nothing. Don't even have to take him back to have stitches removed. They gave him some kind of antibiotic that lasts for 2 weeks. Thrilled beyond words. I cannot stand trying to give cats meds. And he doesn't have to wear a ridiculous lamp shade.

WTF -- again. I swear, where is Judge Perry when you need him? This judge is ridic. Have these ex-parte meetings before court, not during. This could drag on for hours.

If we had Perry, Jodi will go free. Perry would have hand picked the jury for the defense. Just like he did for Baez. :twocents:

Just had a thought and kind of scared to say it out loud..You don't think defense could be complaining about our Katies do you ?? Naw,that would be to crazy !!

EX PARTE

Lat. 'By or for one party' or 'by one side.'

Refers to situations in which only one party (and not the adversary) appears before a judge. Such meetings are often forbidden.

Although a judge is normally required to meet with all parties in a case and not with just one, there are circumstances where this rule does not apply and the judge is allowed to meet with just one side (ex parte) such as where a plaintiff requests an order (say to extend time for service of a summons) or dismissal before the answer or appearance of the defendant(s).

In addition, sometimes judges will issue temporary orders ex parte (that is, based on one party's request without hearing from the other side) when time is limited or it would do no apparent good to hear the other side of the dispute. For example, if a wife claims domestic violence, a court may immediately issue an ex parte order telling her husband to stay away. Once he's out of the house, the court holds a hearing, where he can tell his side and the court can decide whether the ex parte order should be made permanent.

But how would an ex parte hearing apply in a criminal trial that is currently in court?

Likely in chambers to discuss latest outrageous Motion for Mistrial by Defense. If you think about it, the lies about JM imply the Judge is a crappy Judge. :twocents:

Wondering if this time the Motion might be granted. Maybe Nurmi and Wilmot want off and they know things that would preclude them from going further.

Don't shoot me - just a nagging feeling.

I'm only 36 but I guarantee I will have gray hair by the time this trial is over. I want to hit something.

Apparently they are handling the ex parte contact issue with La Violette today? Samantha was taken into the side room....What on earth was yesterday about then?

I think yesterday was about how they couldn't provide adequate representation to the killer because of that mean DA and his mean Detective side kick and the fact that they wouldn't stop being such meany-pantses by showing the jury all of that rude evidence against their client. Also, everybody likes Juan Martinez better and thats! just! mean!

What just happened? They need Ms Arias in chambers because it's a "what" proceeding?

Good lord...........................................

SunDawnn, you asked earlier if the buyers of Travis' house were told a murder had been committed there. They found out a week before the sale closed, I believe I heard.

@WildAboutTrial

Juan just walked back into the side room by me, where Samantha exited earlier.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Willmott whispers with #JodiArias. Nurmi skulks around with his hands in his pockets. Samantha was taken to the back left side room.

@WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and #JodiArias head back to chambers. Willmott and Alyce follow along. Juan and Flores are still here.

Ooooh, ALV finally going to get her spanking for talking to Samantha?

An ex parte judicial proceeding is conducted for the benefit of only one party. Ex parte may also describe contact with a person represented by an attorney, outside the presence of the attorney. The term ex parte is used in a case name to signify that the suit was brought by the person whose name follows the term.

So I'm assuming Jodi and her atty's are in there without the prosecution. Let's see if there are any tweets on that. The same thing happened yesterday (with Juan sitting at his table while Jodi and her atty's met with the judge, and then the family).

If there's a legal eagle on this thread, your input is much appreciated!

Mel

Well, I'm taking a nap...I am getting TIRED of getting ready for Court to start every single day and this Judge can't control her courtroom and run and efficient trial. She should NOT be having ANY other cases besides this one. This is the one that is costing the taxpayers the MOST money. She has a responsibility to them to be responsible with THEIR MONEY and she is certainly NOT. I am OUTRAGED at all this wasted time and MONEY!!! ARGGGHHH!!!!!

GROAN! Judge Sherry needs to run a tighter ship!

Dream on Chelly, dream on; this judge will never take control of her courtroom; it is almost anarchy in there with the defense running the show and making this trial a 4 ring circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah