trial day 43: the defense continues its case in chief #129

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how would an ex parte hearing apply in a criminal trial that is currently in court?

It only means that the other party (i.e., the State of Az, represented by JM) will not be present.

On the legal thread it came up that these morning talks with the judge could be DT confessing to lies their client or witness has surprised the with. They have an ethical duty to disclose this when they become aware of it.

Well there ya go..
DT knows alot more than they're letting on and now that it's being exposed.. they need their Ex-Partay's..

THIS is why the DT can't perform their duties..
But like the thing they are representing...
They're blaming it on someone else..
JUAN..
Lousy rotten #$%^&*'s!!!!!!!

I think ALV's next talk should be; "Is Santa Claus a stalker?"

He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good!! :what:

He also breaks into your house at least once a year. :eek:

BBM: And he steals your cookies and milk! :rocker:

I wish she'd been asked that too.Was she actually picked up,over Travis's shoulders,and slammed onto the tile.There's no way she would have just scrambled to her feet after that,IMO .

Yeah, that's just it too. If she had bruises or injuries, it might have been able to back up her ridiculous self-defense claim. So why wouldn't she want it documented??? More proof it never happened.

I'm also having trouble on my android and the ustream app. how else can I watch the trial other than sitting at the desktop?

If we had Perry, Jodi will go free. Perry would have hand picked the jury for the defense. Just like he did for Baez. :twocents:

my problem with belvin was the jury, which of course, was everything. but what i WILL give him is he didn't tolerate a lot of BS in his courtroom. i'm missing that part!!

Hello all! Ready to rumble?

PS Seriously JA? That hair makes you look crazy, not 13 years old as intended.

She also thinks little-girl braids are "hot". Thankfully, they've kept her from wearing THOSE in the courtroom. I wouldn't put it past her for a second to TRY them in the courtroom, though, to make the male jurors think of the butt-nekkid (nude (or even naked) is too tasteful a word for her) photos of her, plus she knows all the news sites would be buzzing about it.

Apparently they are handling the ex parte contact issue with La Violette today? Samantha was taken into the side room....What on earth was yesterday about then?

My guess is that it was about Juror No. 5. I base my opinion because of the Judge's inquiry of the jury about if Juror No. 5 had contacted them. The defense team is literally desperate to get a mistrial. And they will try to get one based on facts or fiction they don't care.

Perky Katie was not only on Dr Drew last night, but was also on his panel!

Just getting to my desk . . .

Judge calls both sides Atty's up to the bench and hands them papers while we are waiting. . . JA's mother in court wearing #1 Mom necklace and purple patterned shirt.

JA calls JW over and ask "hey . . . JA is mouthing to her female Atty - (where is SyraKelly our Ws lipreader?)

Wilmot nowlooking over papers judge has given them .. .

ja sucking her teeth - wearing top of hair back and to the side. . . . purple blouse
JA's Mom has her pen and notebook out and retrieving something from her purse.

All Atty's return to their desks . . . .Judge waives someone back (jury?) to not come in?

Judge announces something about JA present . . . conference . . . proceeding?

I have been waiting for a slow point to say, Thank You for transcribing for those (me) that are not always privy to have TV or computer/video to watch and hear. It is very nice to be able to read what is being said. Again, Thank you!

Last time I saw hair like that, it was on my grade 6 elementary school picture. Don't think the jury doesn't realize she's doing it on purpose. Trust me, they will all laugh inside their heads when they see her today.

Do we have any attorneys on here? Why are so MANY ex parte events allowed in this trial? I thought they were used very little?
You KNOW Nurmi s going to get it sealed.

You see this is Genius Jodi.

She understands General Relativity too. She knows after initial expansion, the Universe will contract, and thus has a finite lifetime.

This trial will only end when the Universe has contracted back into a primordial atom, awaiting the next Big Bang.

Clever girl--guiding her DT.

ALV went on and on about how she felt bad that she read Arias' most private thoughts. That it is terrible for her most private thoughts to be shown to the public.

What about Travis, ALV? He was butchered to death and his family has had to see his tormented body in a shower stall. They've had to see his autopsy photos with his neck stabbed so deep that the head is almost separated from his body. Did you feel bad about that???????

You're talking respect for the defendant? Even if her claims of self-defense were true (NOT!) do you think it's RESPECTFUL to stab someone 29 times and shoot him in the head and simply say ' I don't remember stabbing him?' Do you think it's respectful to have let the poor man DIE rather than call 911? Do you think it was respectful to lock the door behind you so it would be harder for someone to find out that Travis' murdered body is in the shower?

ALV can go shove................................................

@WildAboutTrial

While we wait I am starting to pen my manifesto. #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial

Juan just walked back into the side room by me, where Samantha exited earlier.

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Willmott whispers with #JodiArias. Nurmi skulks around with his hands in his pockets. Samantha was taken to the back left side room.

@WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and #JodiArias head back to chambers. Willmott and Alyce follow along. Juan and Flores are still here

YUP - Defense complaining about the bad ol' prosecutor again. Ex-Parte = one sided complaint where the prosecutor is not allowed to attend. Then the judge will call Juan in to get his side (is how I understand it). Nurmi needs to stop being such a baby! We know you want off this trial dude, but this is getting old.

MOO

Mel

An ex parte judicial proceeding is conducted for the benefit of only one party. Ex parte may also describe contact with a person represented by an attorney, outside the presence of the attorney. The term ex parte is used in a case name to signify that the suit was brought by the person whose name follows the term.

So I'm assuming Jodi and her atty's are in there without the prosecution. Let's see if there are any tweets on that. The same thing happened yesterday (with Juan sitting at his table while Jodi and her atty's met with the judge, and then the family).

If there's a legal eagle on this thread, your input is much appreciated!

Mel

Yes, but LaViolette is in there as well. Must be about LaViolette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suns12035