trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #135

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial

Juan just walked by, he is in a light gray suit, his spirits seem high as usual. #JodiArias

I truly am sorry if I caused ALV any emotional pain. That certainly is never my intention. Like others my biggest problem with her is that she is taking the word of an admitted liar and committing character assignation on a dead person who cannot defend himself. I will give her credit that she is taking the heat and sticking to her guns. Perhaps she really believes what she says but that doesn't mean she has to use her position as an expert on domestic violence to publicly state that opinion in a trial. She could have said no. She is a big girl and if she didn't know how unpopular her opinion was she sure found out soon enough. While I am sorry she is suffering distress I am not sorry for her. She can take some of the big paycheck and pay for some counselling and get over it. Travis can't get over it. He's dead.

"She can take some of the big paycheck and pay for some counseling and get over it.". I don't know how to BBM.... But this statement is hilarious. Thank you.

I hope we get to the jurors' questions today. Any guesses on what the witness' demeanor will be for those questions? Will there be a lot of "I can't answer that yes or no"?

I sense a classroom type of lecture, until Juan objects "beyond the scope."

Just wanted to comment on a post from the previous now closed thread.

The video of Travis shooting firearms with friends will not have any effect on the jury, IMO. Here in Arizona, we have some of the most un-restricted gun laws in the Nation. It's not uncommon to go out "plinking" with friends, "target shooting", no matter what caliber or type of weapon. This may seem "strange" to people in other States. If you've lived here a while, or are a Native, it's a non-issue. I'd wouldn't hesitate to say that it's part of the culture?

Mmmmmkaay. Nuff said about the DV um ... "expert" (although I am still wondering about the "freedom of speech" thing, but oh well).

It's all been said, so now I am looking forward to the jury questions because they will definitely reflect the mindset of the individuals on that panel. Eeeeeaaaand ... that is what is important. Can't wait. Just hope that Ms. Willmot gets in and out real quick today :banghead:

Catch ya later ... have a good day Ms. L :facepalm:

Sorry to beat this horse but is there a recommended image size? I think from now on I will post small pics with links to larger ones :)

Great question...I'm not sure but when I post a pic, if it looks large when I'm copying the URL or see it appear in my post before I hit "send/reply" I don't post it.

Hi everyone! I couldn't stomach watching re-direct yesterday...is Wilmott still questioning or are we on to Juror's questions?

I can't understand why Juan didn't show her photos of the injuries on Travis's body.

Maybe recross!

I have been wondering about this too, Linda. Seems like that would have been the prime time to do that.

I wondered if maybe one of those mistrial hearings, or sidebar or judge's chamber conferences, after Juan put that up when Lisa was testifying for the defense, and the sisters went running out of the courtroom, if the judge ruled that Juan could not show them again? Or perhaps limited him about using them with witnesses other than the med ex?

Anyone know how much JM is getting paid for his time on this case?

Please don't tell me it is anything less than the DT rate.

ALV and/her publisher would be getting notification of the reviews. Also, if people are calling her or the places she has on her schedule to speak at, she'd still hear what's happening.

But to what degree? Enough to put her in the hospital? I imagine one need to have a "tough skin," for this type of work, (being an expert at a trial). Look at the criticism Juan is taking from many, many talking heads. moo

Jodi is playing with the witnesses, the media and now this website. It's a shame how much power she has.

Arias does NOT control this website: our co owners do. We have never allowed name calling or bashing and do not condone organized efforts/campaigns at contacting anyone. Period.

Plus, she's not supposed to be reading, watching the media, or talking with anyone about the case, so how is people expressing their negative feelings and opinions of her performance as an expert witness in any way intimidating? Still, I'll follow the rules to the best of my ability.
She may not be watching but she has the defense team that does, their friends, Jodi's friends and family. Her friends and family are probably keeping her abreast of what is said. I think if she would give honest answers to the prosecutor like she does the defense she would be in better shape. I think the defense and defendant may be causing her more stress with their consultations with her than she deserves. They expect their money's worth from someone they expect to bolster their frame of mind.
For the witness it is one vicious circle and she chose to take on the challenge. She is where she chose to be because she is involved with Miss Arias and as we can see that is a major challenge for everyone.
If only court cases could stick to the meat of the evidence. There is so much unnecessary peripheral info. I believe the rehash of TA's family life is what gets people up in arms and I don't think the bashing of his family is necessary. I feel as though all of us have lived a similar life with different circumstances greater or lesser. JA's life that she hated seemed pretty darn nice. Her parents sound like normal parents to me. The defense and expert are making a mockery of parenting.

I am going to TRY to be really, really good. But if I am really, really bad, you can delete all my posts. At least some of my anger will be let go through my finger tips. :seeya: :)

I'm not posting again until Juan's rebuttal is up. Not because I'm biased, I'll have you know. :floorlaugh:

From what I've seen it appears ALV comes across as uncooperative even combative except when being asked questions by the defense.

That is how I see it.

yes,no,yes,no to Wilma.

No yes or no answer to Juan.

Terrible and so very unprofessional.

Just wanted to comment on a post from the previous now closed thread.

The video of Travis shooting firearms with friends will not have any effect on the jury, IMO. Here in Arizona, we have some of the most un-restricted gun laws in the Nation. It's not uncommon to go out "plinking" with friends, "target shooting", no matter what caliber or type of weapon. This may seem "strange" to people in other States. If you've lived here a while, or are a Native, it's a non-issue. I'd wouldn't hesitate to say that it's part of the culture?

Same here in Kentucky. Gun shots galore every day. People like to practice, and I must admit, I'm a darn good shot. :blushing:

So, will ALV be successful in planting her evaluation -- i.e. B.S.* -- in the minds of the jurors?

*Battered-woman Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members