trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #136

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What shocks me is the articles about witness tampering, yet, JA can set up a tweet account and bash the prosecution, HLN, Nancy Grace, and whomever else she wants to via her friend Donovan. That seems sick and twisted.

And I agree, I'd never comment on a book I did not read.

I promise to be on my bestest behavior :)

Melanie

I've been away a while today, because I was afraid I would type something to get me a time out - so, sorry if this has been asked.
Is ALV allowed to see the juror questions before she gets back on the stand?
TIA

Someone earlier asked about Naps:

Travis Alexander's dog, Napoleon has been with friend Deanna Reid since Travis's murder, which is what Travis wanted. Travis loved and spoiled this dog. He is now going deaf and blind. ** THIS PIC IS BROUGHT TO YOU COURTESY OF THE STATE VS JODI ARIAS-TRAVIS ALEXANDER MURDER TRIAL PAGE**

This is supposed to be a recent piccie of naps.

View attachment 31868

MOO

Mel

That picture of Naps makes me want to cry. I miss my pug, she passed in Dec. 2011. She was one of a kind, but I bet all pug owners say that. I know Travis' Grandmother loved pugs too. I read that in her memorial.
With all the nastiness Jodi said Travis stated about Deanna, to will his beloved dog....another lie from Jodi.

I'm back and behaving :gomods: (<--thanks for your patience and all you do!) Looking forward to jury questions...I really want to know conclusively that they are not buying this strategy.

Glad to see you back!

Carried forward from the previous thread:

Has anyone added up the $$$ Ms. ALV has racked up in this case so far? I'm not good at math, but it goes something like this per hour:

$250 per hour for preparing for trial (she testified to 44 hours prep)

$300 per hour for her testimony

Also, I would bet my eye teeth she is getting comped for air flight, hotel room, rental car, all meals while in AZ, etc.

Good Lord, that's a whole lot of money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :what:

It's a whole lot of money, yes. But when you think about it, the $30-40,000 she's making off this trial sure won't last long when you consider the hit that her annual income is surely going to take after this.

More than Facebook groups, Twitter, Amazon's bad reviews, the thing I hope for the most is that some of ALV's "group members" and clients have heard this testimony and decide to take their business elsewhere.

This essentially says that the State moved to have any evidence of Mr. Alexander's alleged sexual naughtiness excluded from the trial. The court granted that request. I am not sure then, how ALV managed to testify at length about his sex life making him a bad person. Sigh...Judge Stephens... <snipped by me in advance!>

I am pretty sure this is not a Judge Stevens issue. They rule on things in part but if a witness brings it in, They then have opened the gate..

Who knows how but if Juan thought it was some violation he would not just let it go. I would be it had to do with other things not related directly to the case.

I wonder if Juan can use that during the penalty phase when showing how much of a poison JA is to society. "
THIS is what kind of message the <self mod-snip> defendant was broadcasting throughout the trial, ladies and gentleman, while she was on trial for her life... insulting the prosecutor, the media, and whining about ebay,"

Well, it's good to see Donovan is making itself useful. I wonder how useful Donovon and JA's other minions were making themselves around the time of the theft at the prosecution's witnesses' home.

JA whines about not having a chance to say much?? She better get it all out before that needle gets put in her arm.

:rocker:

Don't understand how they can censor the juror questions.

Unless they are totally inappropriate or digs at the witness, why aren't they all allowed? After all, they are questions from the people who ARE decided it's fate.

I'd wonder if, as a juror, would I be allowed a certain level of righteous indignation. I.e; something about the idea that if the names & gender of the participants were switched ~ it would appear your opinion would reverse as well, isn't this accurate?

I knew I had read this in the minutes at one point, but couldn't find it again. Now I have, and I'm hoping one of the attorneys is here to translate. Because the way I interpret it, this has been done over and over by ALV.

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008-031021-001 DT 08/15/2011
Docket Code 005 Form R000D Page 4
The Court has received and reviewed State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude Defense
Experts from Testifying regarding Victims Sexual Indiscretion, Defense Response and for the
reasons stated on the record,
IT IS ORDERED granting the State’s Motion in Limine to Preclude.

What does this mean!

What's driving us all batty is that juries don't reach a decision based on ALL the facts, just the ones that our judicial system allows. Scares the heck out of me.

It'll be interesting to see the expression on the faces of ALV, JA, JW & Nurmi after they've had 90 minutes to read through the upcoming questions. ;)

OK... I know I've lost my sanity when I actually scroll back looking for a poster named "Dream Snark"

:floorlaugh:

Oh! I wanna change my User name now!!!:floorlaugh:

This nonsense about Jodi would have planned a really good lie gives me anxiety because it aggravates it me so much. Pathological liars always believe that their lies are good. She thought she cleaned up everything to link her and that at best she'd have a circumstantial case against her. I just watch those television interviews and it twists my stomach to watch her lie so easily and smile and laugh. How can you ignore that?

Please please please....may there be one snarky question.....

I say, chap, I find it impossible to imagine that we shall fail to hear at least one juror give voice to the frustration and incredulity which we all share following Alyce's tour-de-force testimony.

That picture of Naps makes me want to cry. I miss my pug, she passed in Dec. 2011. She was one of a kind, but I bet all pug owners say that. I know Travis' Grandmother loved pugs too. I read that in her memorial.
With all the nastiness Jodi said Travis stated about Deanna, to will his beloved dog....another lie from Jodi.

I have an aging one currently--when I was eating thought she was gonna have a heart attack--(I wasn't sharing enough)....they can be fun!---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper