trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Nurmi tell which jurors are asking which questions? I was wondering if that is why he was after juror 5 ...because of the pro prosecution questions from her.

Since the jury questions are asked in the order received, I would imagine if he paid attention to when they were put in the box and numbered them as he went along, he might.

But honestly, he doesn't appear to be a person who is very organized or detail oriented.

IMHO

K

Good Morning All! I wish someone would ask ALV how she can base so much of her opinions on "evidence" taken from sources she had admitted she knows nothing about and does not use it..ie social media, text messages IM's and email...MOO...I think the source of communication is important...people say things in text that they might not say in a phone conversation...etc
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I dont think ALV realizes the casual nature of most texts and emails. I wonder what people would think of me by just reading my texts and emails. There is no way to get a complete picture from that...especially abuse?

Another way that ALV's age and old fashioned nature shows clearly is how she reads into TA's online emails and ims with women he was meeting/dating. GMAB she calls him excessively flirtatious ...all I could do was laugh. OMG...She should see what goes on the average dating website. :what: After 22 years of marriage and my divorce..I was on a few dating sites before I did finally meet my wonderful fiance online. I could go on and on ....( will spare you) If ALV wasn't completely out if it, she would know TA was pretty mild and the fact that he did not have loads of pics, of *advertiser censored*, searches for grime, and women, and women's online profiles,( you should see what women do online for attention from men....omg omg omg ) on his computers speaks volumes. ummm wait who had all the pervie pics and *advertiser censored*? oh yeah JA:jail:

:cowcouch:

Since the jury questions are asked in the order received, I would imagine if he paid attention to when they were put in the box and numbered them as he went along, he might.

But honestly, he doesn't appear to be a person who is very organized or detail oriented.

IMHO

K
I agree about Nurmi......but we have her mom, DB, Mit lady, and who ever else watching....

I'm hoping I'm not too biased but when you read just the questions, without ALV's responses, they sure seem A LOT more damning.
:furious:

They are brutal questions.

ALV did worse on these questions from the jurors than even cross with JM. Some of her answers were so painfully ludicrous....JA isn't a liar even though she lied about the 'killing', Bill Clinton, Lance Armstrong (notice, all men!) have lied so it's ok to lie and cover up?, no evidence of physical abuse yet she believes JA, Travis was over the top, extreme??? She really came across as out of touch with reality.

I don't even think it's an appropriate thing to say to someone in her group. You tell children to take time outs, not adults.

Agreed. She only gets away with speaking to grown men that way because they are court ordered to be there and take her crap.

did mimi hall testify in this trial? i see a picture of her on the stand but i can't find her testimony and it's so long ago, i can't remember anything about it!!

I thought the question about actual phone conversations between TA and JA was excellent too... ALV was not privy to the context of calls between them that took place where they actually talked to each other - not texted...
these conversations could influence the context of the text messages big time and ALV has no idea what was said or how that could impact her (incomplete) "big picture" excuse...

I dont think ALV realizes the casual nature of most texts and emails. I wonder what people would think of me by just reading my texts and emails. There is no way to get a complete picture from that...especially abuse?

I agree. Also, sometimes my kids who have the new fancy dancy phones that do everything for you but potty, I have gotten some very weird texts due to auto correct!

K

Those side-glance questions were so deliciously good! It's funny that Juan made a much bigger deal about Samuels potentially having inappropriate feeling and the jurors didn't really seem to bite. Guess they saved their indignation for ALV.

The jurors didn't taunt Samuels like this! Oh boy. I'm sooo happy about the side-glances questions because the Defense seems to think this trial is a great big circus.

I'm not sure I buy that they really targeted juror #5. It's more plausible to me that Nurmi was looking for some reason, any reason, to dump a juror just to save face after that embarrassing episode when he motioned for mistrial and called JC to the stand to testify that the jury had been tainted by Juan signing a freaking cane outside the courthouse.

did mimi hall testify in this trial? i see a picture of her on the stand but i can't find her testimony and it's so long ago, i can't remember anything about it!!

Yes, it was very early on in the first 9 days. I believe in the link for transcripts of the trail on the first page, there is a link to the youtube and written transcript of what she says.

I love that link. It is wonderful to be able to go back and check my thoughts and facts. I *think* the defense has been presenting their cic for more than 30 days compared to the 9 days of Pros case.

Kelly

I am just so happy! They Juror questions were amazing, WAY TO GO!! And this kind of skepticism during the Defense presentation - Juan Martinez hasn't even started yet! I believe that once JM is finished, there will be no question in any Jurors mind about the level of crazy that they are dealing with. I also believe that the premeditation will be wrapped up with a nice little bow.

I mean really, Arias has got to be the most unlucky murderer in history. How could anyone call her intelligent? I say this because ...

Partial List
- gas receipts for 3 seperate gas cans
- proof that she borrowed 2 gas cans and bought 1
- bought sunblock (for her perceived Cancun trip) in the same transaction
- grandfathers stolen gun closely related in timeframe to the murder - same caliber as murder weapon
- pictures taken inadvertently DURING the crime
- indadvertant pictures are TIMESTAMPED
- leaves camera behind, along with pictures
- hello, bloody handprint and mixed DNA on the wall
- slices her own finger during her murderous activities
- rental car remarks, needing an inconspicuous vehicle
- changing her hair color during this small window of time
- is pulled over by LE (upside down license plate)

My personal opinion about the camera in the washing machine - she had no idea that the images could be recovered. Otherwise she would have taken it. She put the camera and the sheets in the washing machine in order to get rid of her DNA. She handled that camera extensively both before and after the murder. She was bleeding while deleting those photos, and simply wiping the camera down would have discovered her blood DNA in the nooks and crannies. She was confident that deleting them was sufficient, or she would have taken out the card. She knew that her affiliation with photography and his missing camera would have pointed to her. In her haste to get rid of DNA, she probably felt that the washing machine would have cleaned HER blood and fingerprints off of the camera.

MOO

Loved the question about the possibility of phone conversations taking place before, during and after the e-mail 'tirade'. We have no idea what was said to and from TA in those conversations. It is no stretch to imagine there was a heated phone conversation, one party hung up and then the texting began.

I am surprised no one asked Jodi what she may have done for Travis to levy such accusations as 'evil' and 'sociopath' against her. I know we wouldn't get a true answer, but at least something that can be dissected and discredited.

The intention was absolutely humiliation. I wonder where publicly scolding and attempting to humiliate another falls on the continuum of abuse?

JMO - I think the actions are routine for her with her men's groups who are court ordered to be under her control. I don't believe she has any problem demostrating her control over captive audiences and has limited ability to alter her behavior or accept that she is not in charge in a court room.

I must admit I find the method by which she performed character assassination on Travis to be not only abusive but cold blooded cruel to his family. Her method was way too heavy handed IMO and was meant to sway rather than show truth. My view of her is do as I say, not as I do and I know way more than you and you will listen. Just the feeling she leaves me with.

does anyone here think like me that JM may have some PROOF that JA was on the list for the trip to Cancun, then taken off ?

I'm not sure I buy that they really targeted juror #5. It's more plausible to me that Nurmi was looking for some reason, any reason, to dump a juror just to save face after that embarrassing episode when he motioned for mistrial and called JC to the stand to testify that the jury had been tainted by Juan signing a freaking cane outside the courthouse.

Ditto. I am waiting for Juror #5 to come out and tell us the reason she was let go. She stated she will show she did nothing wrong.

Nurmi needs to do more controlling of his client's activities if the tweet account and information is correct. He can't have the rules applied to only one side of the table.

K

I agree. Also, sometimes my kids who have the new fancy dancy phones that do everything for you but potty, I have gotten some very weird texts due to auto correct!

K

:floorlaugh: haha...me too and some of the one's I've sent too :floorlaugh:

(especially from my Ipad as I find it hard to type on the non-qwerty keyboard...hehe...)

Morning WSers! I planned on being home today long enough to see the trial but got a last minute call, so I'll have to catch up later. TY for all your posts yesterday during the first part of the jury questions. I got an extended phone call shortly after they started....hope the caller didn't hear me growl a bit lol or hear my keyboard as I tried to follow here quietly.... I have a feeling I didn't really hear much of what she was saying, probably gave her some totally disconnected responses too :)

Keep the faith, stay safe and thanks in advance for taking the time to keep those of us who have to miss the trial today, in the loop.
Hugs to all... :)

Agreed. She only gets away with speaking to grown men that way because they are court ordered to be there and take her crap.

Seriously. I have known people who were either court ordered or forced by their employer to take classes like that and their stories of the loons who run them are hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member