trial day 45: the defense continues its case in chief #137

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the ending questions today but right after court I decided to listen to the sex recording again and there is something to what ALV says. I don't know how much this will effect the jury but after listening about 20 times and then having the hubby listen it does sound as if Travis does say (to the best I can tell) "like corking the pot of a little girl."
I looked up corking on the urban dictionary and there are a few references, IDK.
it's cued to right at the point after her awful orgasm at 39:17 and he says she sounds like a twelve year old having her first orgasm and then ?

Again it's hard to hear unless you have good speakers, head phones or ear buds but it is there. I've never done this with a youtube video, hope it works.

Any opinions or thoughts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nOtxgjYek_I#t=2358s

never thought I'd quote myself but don't know how else to re post.

They are not making a mockery of it.

They are pointing out he was leading a 'double life.'

ALV said yesterday, one half to two thirds of abusers are leading a double life, and the implications of that.

IMO

Yes, I meant double life..But, it also seems like they are making a mockery out of his life too.. Nice to meet you Molly!

And she means that literally and figuratively. I think *she* has family of origin issues re: abuse and I think she may have had abuse in previous relationships, perhaps her marriage.

When she said she was "old-fashioned", she didn't say it in a way that excuses why she couldn't bring herself to ask Jodi about more explicit sexual details. She wore it as a badge of honor.

We all construct realities to some extent and when you're a kid it can be your only escape. Her generation had a different view of "proper" things to talk about in public and "improper" things to ask another person. She never made the distinction between being an advocate for an abused person and being a dinner party guest. You have to ask the hard questions as an advocate. You don't ask personal questions at a dinner party.

She needs everyone to always say "please" and "thank you" and to do everything you say you're going to do and her standards for behavior for men in "relationships" are completely different from her standards for women.

And she brings those personal beliefs about acceptable social behavior to her weird belief that Travis was an abuser because he didn't call Jodi back on occasion or he had sex with her and immediately left or he didn't say please or he raised his voice to her or he was rude in an e-mail or he insulted her or said negative things about her family.

Seriously lady? If we physically struck back with Jodi-esque force at every man who failed to remember an important date, chose football over going out to dinner, told (as opposed to asking politely) us to bring them a towel or were just plain crummy boyfriends, it would be a bloodbath.

The concept of a friends with benefits relationship or even a purely booty call agreement is so foreign to her.

And for some reason she thinks Jodi's 5 month sexual romp with Travis was a committed relationship that should have led to marriage if only TRAVIS hadn't foiled Jodi's plan by breaking up with her and seeing other women.

Since I'm already into a thesis, I'll just say that I think Jodi ran this hustle on Travis after he told her he didn't want anything serious with her: "No, no, I agree with you. I don't want a serious relationship either. Let's just hang out and if it goes somewhere, great. If not, we're still great friends" ...:rolleyes: He was naive and inexperienced so he took her at her word.

She made a telling comment earlier when JW was questioning her about Jodi's sexual boundaries that she (meaning DV Lady) "may be comparing my boundaries to Jodi's". Shouldn't the evaluator separate herself and her issues from the person she's evaluating? She doesn't get to make moral judgments in her role AS A CRISIS INTERVENTION/CONFLICT RESOLUTION/DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SURVIVOR ADVOCATE.

She could even somehow see Jodi as representative of what she wishes she could have done to a man who truly abused her (or even behaved in a way that she defines as abusive) or maybe she wishes her mother had been able to take action against her father ... whatever the issues are with DV Lady, there is no arguing the issues are there. And glaring.

Long-winded way to say DV Lady is totally projecting. :D

The defense team should have seen this bias in spite of their glee at having found an expert willing to testify. JW is a death penalty approved attorney so surely she's seen this kind of desperation to save a client thing before.

The defense team should have had another psychologist or therapist come in to confirm DV Lady's findings or at least put her through a tough grilling about her assessment. I would have, especially knowing Juanderful would be the prosecutor.

I'm stepping down from my soap box now and going to get a much needed cup o' joe.

Great post. You have her number..... ALV admits not being up-to-date on the latest technology regarding texting and IM's. Most people who text look for shortcuts and most of the time leave out the extra words such as please. It is the world we live in today. To say she knew what he said was rude does not tell us what went on before, in particular, her voicemail box being full for over a week. I have done the very same thing with no ill intended meaning behind the "clean out your voicemail". It's just a quick message.

ALV also felt that a single man "flirting" was abusive. That is not old fashion, this is something more. When a man first starts dating a woman does he have to feel that he can't see another person as well? When did those rules change? To my knowledge men and women have done this for centuries. Also something to note, Travis had not been dating Deanna for some time and yet she was free to come into his home as were all his friends. I never heard Lisa say she had a problem with Deanna. Wouldn't that have been worthy of note by ALV. Why was it that Jodi was now an ex-girlfriend, Lisa and Marie had no problems with Deanna being around but did not want Jodi in the picture. Maybe they could see the affect Jodi had on Travis. Maybe they could see Jodi for who she was.

I think the thing that upsets people the most about ALV is she insists that Jodi was a victim of DV when Jodi was never trapped by the relationship. The very fact that Jodi moved to Mesa right after they officially broke up (which appears on the surface as never really being a committed relationship) Jodi was essentially stalking Travis.

ALM admits herself she was hired to find DV, nothing else. And with the bits and pieces of what was provided to her by defense she was able to do that. She's not interested in the whole picture but only the parts that prove DV. I think her going back and trying to cover up her statements regarding where Travis was shot and where Jodi placed the knife will come back to haunt her. Jodi slipped when she told ALV she put the knife on the nightstand because she did not know any better. This was 2011 and would have been the time Jodi was suppose to have been in the fog. If this was truly a mistake on ALV's part she is not a competent expert.

I love how the jury questions include the word "manipulate".

Okay which one of y'all sent the bomb to sherrff Joe? (Just saw news story on Tv)

Wonder if it was meant for JA?

Has the defense ever looked at a current issue of 'Playboy?' The women are mostly completely waxed. Hef's girlfriends are completely waxed when they pose in the magazine. His wife is completely waxed. Last time I checked, the magazine is geared toward heterosexual males who are not homosexual pedophiles. 'Playboy' is pretty tame compared to other adult entertainment out there.

I think that even ALV possesses that level of technology.

NurmiStar_zpse779b8e2.jpg

Let me know what your research turns up, Schuby, but I'm not going to stop using "corking" just because some "expert" decided to throw it into the mix in the circus that was her testimony.

It's a corking good day, say I! :seeya:

Can someone please <modsnip> tell me what it means to "cork" someone? Is it just a synonym for "f'ing" them?

She was quoting from the sex tape where I remember hearing TA use the expression 'pork' or 'porking' which probably needs no explanation from me. I have searched in vain for a transcript of the tape and frankly do not have the time nor the stomach to relisten to it. However when I first heard it, I did remark to myself that it was a somewhat juvenile expression and perhaps indicative of someone with limited sexual experience.

For ALV to misquote it is hilarious, if only the whole context weren't so poignant.

(ETA: the one transcript I found was on CNN where any swearing or coarse words have been redacted.)

Dr Drew said to check out the slang on urban legend.

The only salads I know how to toss contain lettuce and tomatoes.

I'm old fashioned that way.

IMO

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I never heard of "tossed salad" before this trial. I still don't know what it means, and I don't want to hear what it means. (I always skip those posts)

I'm old fashion this way.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

They are not making a mockery of it.

They are pointing out he was leading a 'double life.'

ALV said yesterday, one half to two thirds of abusers are leading a double life, and the implications of that.

IMO

"they" say he was leading a double life.

meaning the defense.

Making a mistake by having sex when it goes against your religion is not necessarily a "double life" imhoo (that is the mockery imhoo)

Didn't she say during her testimony (and by the way, isn't it miraculous that during those 18 interminable days, not once did she have a migraine or look frail and weak or super skinny ... in fact, she absolutely glowed while testifying. Remember the day she took the stand as Juanderful began his questioning and she was removing her jacket and carefully folding it over the back of the chair while she considered the question and she shrugged as if she were at Starbucks talking about her day with friends) that just before the infamous uninvited oral sex whilst she slept (twisted Snow White reference if ever there was one) she'd had a Brazilian?

So it seemed she's the one who introduced the whole hairless lady parts to Travis and each time she probably asked the waxer to make that runway narrower and narrower until there was no hair at all.

I know, I know. I spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time obsessing about this trial. lol

You know, there are actual waxing salons that are solely for hair removal--that's how popular Brazilians waxes are. JW should know this! Arguing that it is a sign Travis was a pedophile is absurd. She claimed he was masturbating to BOYS--so why would he want to see Jodi's "junk?" Makes no sense.

This is O/T my apologies. I just heard on Headline News that a mail bomb intended for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Apraio was intercepted and disarmed by Federal authorities. Could this just be a weird coincidence? This person on trial clearly has many zealous "supporters".

Or a "coincidence" that Dr. DeMarte's home was burgled and her laptop stolen? *singing* ... Things that make you go hmmmmm ... *singing*

If this has been seen before apologies...I can't remember where I found it! :facepalm:

It's Jodi's Motion after the State denied her plea offer. She literally threatens the state she will trash TA's reputation, family, friends and church.

Perhaps ALV should have read this before taking the little wall flower under her wing.

It's disgusting. :furious:

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

Thank you for this information. I agree that ALV should have read this prior to accepting the case, as part of her due diligence, but I think the lure of income overcame her judgement a little. JMHO

Has the defense ever looked at a current issue of 'Playboy?' The women are mostly completely waxed. Hef's girlfriends are completely waxed when they pose in the magazine. His wife is completely waxed. Last time I checked, the magazine is geared toward heterosexual males who are not homosexual pedophiles. 'Playboy' is pretty tame compared to other adult entertainment out there.

Methinks thou doest know too much.

david lohr has a new site for his videos if anyone is interested:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgUfEufj0Gw"]ATTENTION: Where To Find Jodi Arias And Other Crime Videos - YouTube[/ame]

IMO once it's clear the sex tape is completely, absolutely, indisputably consensual and mutual, I don't get why it's even relevant?? I realize it might offend the sensibilities of some but it has nothing to do with abuse (except to prove the sex was mutual) and it has nothing to do with the murder.

Again, imo, it actually supports the prosecution. IF it could somehow be suggested, it could even be evidence Jodi was blackmailing TA. :twocents:

One of the juror questions to AVL was "Do you feel that being unable to interview Travis gives JA an unfair advantage in telling their shared story of abuse?"

AVL answered she got most of her information regarding Travis from his close friends. I am assuming she is talking about the Hughes.

Am I missing something? All of Travis's friends thought Jodi killed Travis so why 'were they not interviewed? She took the information from two people instead of twenty or thirty?

I am watching the juror Q & A right now and it is exciting to see the jury going in the direction of Jodi is a stalker, manipulator, liar, etc. and "WHY DO YOU KEEP LOOKING AND SMILING AT JODY"??????

7 hours of unedited footage from 48 hours, that is what she said on HLN now, and an email from Travis's sister. don't know which one

"they" say he was leading a double life.

meaning the defense.

Making a mistake by having sex when it goes against your religion is not necessarily a "double life" imhoo (that is the mockery imhoo)

And I seriously ask this. How was it a double life. He lived with other people. Did JA turn to vapor so noone saw her as she was coming in and leaving. Yeah, they might not have known the first few times what was going on, but please...those roommates knew what was going on bedroom number one.

K

I dont think ALV realizes the casual nature of most texts and emails. I wonder what people would think of me by just reading my texts and emails. There is no way to get a complete picture from that...especially abuse?

That is so true. My phone is always autocorrecting me and when I don't have my glasses (excuse me please while I go get my Mr. potato head glasses) I'll send out texts without checking them. One went out to my niece that said "I'll bring the slaves." What it should have said was "I'll bring the plates." Apparently my phone thinks I'm a racist lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18