trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting in . ..
missed some testimony

TA shows no evidence of being stalked and continues relationship with JA on his own accord . . . where is jA's fearful behaviors?
DV tends to be different - what you see with battered women they go back and forth . . .most of these relationships they don't leave and stay gone . . . with stalking fear develops over short period of time . . . when stalking occurs it is when one person has totally left the relationship . .. stalking is different than 2 people who love each other and no one has decided to leave.

do you consider . . no jury will ever convict me to be low self esteem
sounds like a really stupid statement

degree of namecall - level of escalation and his 2 closets friends and relationships with other women that aren't close - not just JA words

do you handle cases where female is abuser
yes

TA discuss other women in his journals
no

TA claimed stalking by anyone else other than JA?
no

how many cases you defended were in defense of men
not just criminal - also worked in family law . . of 18 times I have testified I have worked 3 or 4 - . . . defense has a broader brush . . . what I mean referreals for men accursed of beating wife and children - worked with htem and get intervention for them
object - sustained

manifesto you referred to?
I don't know - never seen it - someone said there was one

is there a type of stalking . . comfy around person when speaking but afraid of what they will do when not around
when look @ abuse or lower end battering - during pull apart time and pull apart and move back together - go back and forth -might be protective order and they get together for dinner -very common to violate protective order . . .very common but that is not stalking .. . once that stalker knows you mean business - once you are gone that is when they escalate

JA let out he was a pedophile
I wasn't aware of that -
does it mean anything to you
yes

how would JA write about these things until well after the killing
if she planned on being separated from tA she would be building up a story that would include all of this - I don't see a plan to separate from TA and build a dv case

text where he is upset about her BS story from Michelle K about Alaina . .. BS story woman came into resteraunt and told JA about lisa Andrews . . . .looking @ overlap of communications of what was said what JA told me and what Lisa Andrews wrote - she was having a relationship with TA at the time - it wasn't BS

I read information from Lisa Andrews 0 talking about relationship @ the time - corroboration from Lisa Andrews

know that BS story was not lie - the actual story told to TA
I can't - don't know actual story to TA

Havaisupai trip - go upstairs .. . how you knw he didn't want to calm her in front of freemans?
don't know - can't answer

JA doesn't write anything in her journal - can remember physical abuse incidentse so vividly?

I believe that ther ewere different places where she wrote references to her feelings - can't explain what someone does -but references in her writing - people do have memory without writing down

JA secondary gain to benefit her
that is possible - I didn't rely just on her oral word

evidence of TA make JA tear out pages and only write positive thougths
no

manipulativce behaivro be a pattern
I wasn't able to interview people from her past . . . 20 collateral sources - more than any case I have ever worked on

you like to meet with individuals before agree working with people -tell us TA story
by law I can't interview TA family, can't interview TA, I did review 7 hrs footage - where people spoke well of him - friends and family . . .some things he did was kind and generous - made people laugh and motivated people - didn't feel he was 1 dimensional person @ all . . . you don't hook up with someone who doesn't have lots good traits - TA had outstanding traits

abuse and battering traits in your column - why is stalking excluded from those columns . . I call it normal stalking - neither party believes each other - don't believe you will leave and you don't believe I will stop hurting you .. . . protecgtivec orders . . .pushing on the person . . when they mean business. . . the pulling away of the relationship

is your contuum incomplete? . . .why not list bullet points in all columns
oh yes . . I continue to change it since 90's . .. . framework to look @ otherwise look like dead sea scrolls . .. yes incomplete

you have chosen not to take cases in past . . .did you take this case because you believecd JA . . . would you turn down if didn't believe . . .if believe by default isn't that prejudice toward their partner.

no if I find it not credible . . .I can investigate this I will not testify . .I drop them or advise the atty - maybe not I am not the appropriate expert (DV) . . . I don't have a great retirement after 34 yrs but
object - sustained

burst of anger and then calmed down . . TA seem longer in text form? . .
actually they are longer 3 hrs . . .

there were long rants - 2 or 3 hours . .. the 5/26 I think . .the detail of date isn't important as context of what is happening . .. general framework of the rant .. .there was a followup . . .this went on for another . . `16 pages an extensive length of time

burst of anger . . .10 or 20 min rant describe as a burst . . what happens during that time - break things or throw things . .. look @ what happening not just burst

argument that takes all day to end - still healthy relationship
indicat abuse?
no

2 people abusive to each other
yes

don't you believe TA making comments about 12 y/o old while phone sex is different than TA masturbating to photos of young boys
I think it is different it is just unusual comment from 30 year old man

light or incomplete info on 6/4 . .

knew in general what happened -focused on what led up to then and I think I know what happened

confused about details
I was - I believed shot was fired in closet and it wasn't . .I think I know most details

deceptive and not share sexual intimate moments in their life
I think most people keep sexual details life private
why do you think TA is deceptive?
I don't think he keeping sexual private is deceptive - but 30 year of virgin is deceptive

sexual details ja shared with her family
no - she never claimed to be virgin . . .part of LDS and not going along with Laws of Chastity

deception started after she killed TA - how could you know this?
I only know her prior relationshps . . .MM and DB neither described her as a liar

sexual degredation @ the hands of TA?
she participated in that relationship - she went along with things -not all her favorite things . . .she wanted relationship and didn't honor her own boundaris

sexual degredtaion . . desires to see each other, actions on sex call, texts etc?
I havenot heard JA say she felt sexually degredated . . she hasn't made claims in that direction

consider written only - did you see abuse (exclude interview with JA)
I am confused with that . . if I excluded those things and still used the written docs I got I would see that as abuse

what level degree. . . abuse?
I don't think it was terrorism . . it was definitely battering

can you see escalation in written conversation?
oh yeah . . .over time rants got longer -put downs got worse - anger - his own anger seeing as scary

TA was in 7 yr relationship with Deanna - did any one interview her?
don't know if she was a survivor of abuse

did you interview her?
no

asking for more questions . . counsel please approach

Will the jury see all the texts that she sees? Can we see all the texts? I know we have seen some but not all..to my knowledge.

I think I'm going to prance around my room right now. lol

Deanna was definitely depositioned. I saw it in the minute entries.

I don't see what Wilmot could possibly ask to rectify any of this. She'd better just ask nothing.

So, if DB and MM say that JA wasn't a liar then she wasn't a liar but if Deanna says Travis wasn't an abuser he is still an an abuser? Huh?

Ummm Alyce, dontcha think it would have been a good idea to interview Deanna?

If Wilmott does re-direct she is a worse lawyer than anyone imagined....get her off the stand...stop the bleeding.

I just have to say during this side bar....

Great jury questions!!!

"I don't understand the question...evidence of abuse...if I exclude the interview with her...you mean something other than just taking the butcher's word for it? I don't get it."

Buh Bye, Alyce.

What prompted ALV to mention her retirement? How is that germane to the case?

What size is that cell waiting for JA when the verdict comes in?:jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member