trial day 46: the defense continues its case in chief #138

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilmot asked for a break. Her mind went completely blank. She said

"Alright Miss LV. The question that I asked you was..... (5 sec pause) um (giggle) talking about (5 sec pause) lost it (or something similar to that) break. Judge S then called the break.

ALV and the court reporter both have puzzled looks on their faces
Stress causes short term memory loss. IIRC

I honestly feel a little sorry for her. She's been publicly humiliated and out-lawyered, saddled with a dog of a case (a term we legal types use when referring to a case that will be difficult to win), and I think she knows it. As much as I dislike her style and the smarmy, petty games the defense team has played, Willmott's got no choice as far as what side she's on, and is doing her best -- with what appears to be a limited skill set and little experience -- to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

That being said, I find her mannerisms as grating as the next person. The only great suit she seems capable of handling is the one she's wearing.[/QUOTE]

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

No. no. No. I cannot. I will not. Ever. Feel. Sorry. For. JW.

Great Post

I wonder if Nurmi is kind of snickering to himself at watching JW get all twacked out.

I wonder if the witness will say, "Are you angry Ms. Wilmott?" because Wilmott is clearly angry with the juror questions. I know she is very frustrated that the jury is not believing this self-defense claim.

Hey mods, could we have a phantom thank for those posts we'd love to acknowledge but know better than to do so lest we get caught up in the purge? ;)

There have been so many memorable ones, and each time my thought is, "That was hysterical! We sure will miss you."

Is it just me or does ALV seem to be less chatty in her responses today?

OMG!!!! Even in the Jury questions....ALV NEVER gives up her professional bias!!!!!

Aww man, I missed the meltdown. Who had it?

Wilmott. It wasn't so much a meltdown as an attack of confusion, probably fueled by the fact that she's getting her butt kicked by the jury.

Because we are in recess (again)..i just heard some dense attorney on HLN talking..

I would like to know if this jury knows that this is a MURDER 1 - DP trial?????

Stupid question? :blushing:

Absolutely - they would have been asked during voir dire whether they were OK with the DP.

Since HLN is so far behind I went to the "A view from the inside" thread and Post#17 by KCL is very interesting to read. (i hope its okay to refer directly to it? not sure)

Yesterday, ALaV testified about Falsity's initial stance toward her relationship with Travis. ALaV related a "Takes Two to Tango" attitude of equal responsibility for what happened. That certainly does not square with the claim of self-defense. ALaV also implied that she corrected that notion. This seems like a fertile area to dig into.

Absolutely....Jodi thought she was the one with control, Alyce created the batterered women's claim from thin air.

Wimott is behaving like a mad little schoolgirl and not doing anything to further her cause. At this point she should remember that there is a point where the best thing to say is nothing at all. Wrap it up. The jury has made it clear they ain't buyin it. MOVE ON and let's have somejuan who knows what they are talking about get up there! I do think Alyce REALLY wants to be done today and I think that will happen *CHEERS!!*

I thought it was 28.

Thanks, I knew she was in her late 20's (NOT a teen!) and I really can't wait for Juan to get this misinformation cleared up.

I don't think ALV really has the memory to recall details at this point in her life... or she is simply biased.

Is anyone else having trouble with their thanks showing up...or is it just me? I click, the button disappears, but the thanks never shows up.

And if I refresh, the thanks button reappears with no thanks recorded. It's not a "one time" thing either.

Much like Willmott, the Thanks button had a meltdown and went running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member