trial day 48: REBUTTAL #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sweet smell of justice in the afternoon... I think I'll treat myself to a short nap, with a smile on my face, during the lunch recess.

*hug* Alexander family - the truth is crashing down today.

This witness has inspired me to the point of wishing I had gone all the way and gotten my doctorate in psych. The thought of spending my days with schizophrenics was not all that appealing to me when I was in school--in fact, truly psychotic people are among the most boring individuals you'll ever meet. But after hearing the work this woman has done, the thought of working as a forensic psychologist almost makes me want to take out a student loan!

Was able to watch the last bit of DeMarte's testimony, and am really excited!!!
FINALLY someone who is informed, easy to follow, professional, and very likable!

Dr. De is not sucking up to you know who, and you know who is giving her the evil eye. Dr. De stares right back at her and does not back down. If I were Dr. De I wouldn't be alone with her again, VERY SCARY

For a second there I thought you were talking about the rapper Dr. Dre

Anyway, this woman sounds more like a SCIENTIST as opposed to a <modsnip> with paternalistic/romantic feelings for Jodi.

The judge has to let all of this in. After listening to ALV offer completely subjective opinions that she baked up in her "thinking brain", an objective measurement that is clinically validated has to be acceptable. Not letting it in would be like allowing someone to testify that an object was heavy, but letting a rebuttal witness show that a scale showed that it weighed less than an ounce.

Once she got rolling, Dr. DeMarte found the perfect balance between giving technical information and explaining things in simple terms. I can't imagine how the cross will go for the defense since she's VERY solid and knows that the science backs her up. I doubt she'll feel the need to give anyone a time out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say
ASPD
NPD
APD
BPD

This is outdated I am (sort of) Professionals would not think of using acronyms for Dx like they do now. It took me forever to figure out (for the first time) what BPD meant. uuuuuuuuuuug

Times goes on I guess .. I feel so left behind.. Oh well.. Just send me to the glue factor.. Bring out the violins!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't know about you, Arishia, but it actually taught me a lot. I really admire smart people. I wish I could be like them. But over the years, I have seen them do some phenomenally stupid things. IQ ain't everything.

You are clearly able to state that you observed behavior and LEARNED from that behavior. As far as I'm concerned you do have a VERY high IQ.

It's hard for me to follow this part of the testimony.I just don't get it.

Well, she was basically pointing out that the number of categories in which <modsnip> exceeded threshold (7 out of 10) was so significant that there is no need for quibbling regarding the personality disorders and the profile she is presenting. Had there only been one category exceeding threshold, for example, you could argue that that was relatively normal and she could not confidently ascribe personality disorders to <modsnip>. However, in this case, she could do that confidently.

I really hope Juan <modsnip> asks Demarte <modsnip> about DOCTOR Samuel's fog theory

How can this expert believe that her test is valid considering that JA is a liar? She could have lied on her test too.

From what I gathered, the test also reveals whether the "testee" is being truthful.

ITA..all are from Cluster B (the dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders), which are borderline, antisocial, narcissistic and histrionic. Bet Dr.D will say she's got all 4, but it'll be interesting to know which ones are the stronger of the 4. WOw.. Jodi is hating every second of this.

Of all people, I'll bet she'd most likely be dangerous to Dr. DeMarte, if given any opportunity. So interesting to see how Jodi looked at her when she entered the courtroom. More than even Juan. Because she's a woman, she's pretty, she's young (i.e. competition for Jodi) and calmly saying really bad things about who Jodi truly is. wow...this is beyond fascinating.

Yep Cluster B's I put them in that order.. I mean she could be overall borderline but I feel that there is more 'weight' to those 3 Antisocial because her inability to really bond with family friends, narcissistic because remember 'It's all about Jodi' and Histronic because it's what everyone else has done to her even the smallest slight or action has been blown up to a full scale Hollywood production so to speak.

I could be wrong what do I know?? I'm no Dr or Genius ;) JMSO :floorlaugh:

btw JMSO is Just My Snarky/Sarcastic Opinion hee hee ;)

This witness just gets better and better. Such easy to understand explanations.

Best part is watching her facial expressions when JM asks a question that either RS and/or ALV said wasas definitive (but we all know is WRONG). Dr. D responds with shock and or disdain. Guess ALV was correct about 90% of communication is nonverbal.

IIRC Dr. S did not give JA the MMPI test. Did he simply think it wasn't neccessary or did he suspect what the result would show.

I hope DeMarte gets all the professional and public praise that <modsnip> and ALV thought they were going to get. She deserves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee