trial day 48: REBUTTAL #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid the defense is going to ask, "You didn't test Mr. Alexander for a personality disorder, did you?". Would they be allowed to ask that. I hope not.

I would LOVE the answer to be: I couldn't test Mr. Alexander because he was murdered by the defendant.

Very refreshing testimony today - finally, we're dealing with reality!! I wonder if anybody told JA, prior to today, that not only isn't she an Einstein, but she doesn't even qualify for a gifted program at most high schools, which generally accept students with an IQ of 130 and over.

So a lawyer on hln saying that Alyce could be called back to rebut this witness by defense? omg....will we ever get away from fantasy/lies land w/defense witnesses? After we just got back to sanity and logic?

Consider the source (HLN minus Beth K)

But putting ALV before this jury again would be hilARious to watch.

Unbelieveable...my mom died on monday (04/08/2013) and I just found out my aunt died last night. Don't they say these things happen in "threes'? I wonder if I'm next??

I am so so very sorry chijojo. :( I wish I could wrap you up in hugs.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

So a lawyer on hln saying that Alyce could be called back to rebut this witness by defense? omg....will we ever get away from fantasy/lies land w/defense witnesses? After we just got back to sanity and logic?
I could be wrong, but I don't think they get any chance for rebuttal witnesses. This is the state's rebuttal case, and defense can cross these witnesses, but after rebuttal by the state is finished, it's on to closing arguments..I think... ?

Question, it was said that Cheryl Carp diagnosed JA with PTSD. At the time JA was diagnosed with PTSD by Cheryl Carp was JA still claiming it was somebody else killed TA like she did with Dr. Samuel's PTSD test?

I'm just guessing so take it FWIW but I would think yes. My guess is this Dr. Carp was someone used early on during one of the first versions of events, that's probably why we didn't hear from her. Perhaps she hasn't been involved with the case for some time and only did preliminary work with JA. I'm thinking JA told Carp about the exaggerated number of alleged incidents of abuse and when her defense team realized that wouldn't work in a plausible theory, they could no longer use Carp and her work so they moved on to new professionals and a new story.

Again just my thoughts.

I never thought she was above average... Just proves I'm not as smart as I thought I was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

119 is your average college undergraduate....and the high verbal is very interesting -- ted bundy had a similar iq, i think -- the theory is that the brain area that we use to thinking empathetically is overtaken with the areas for language use. very problematic!

The judge has to let all of this in. After listening to ALV offer completely subjective opinions that she baked up in her "thinking brain", an objective measurement that is clinically validated has to be acceptable. Not letting it in would be like allowing someone to testify that an object was heavy, but letting a rebuttal witness show that a scale showed that it weighed less than an ounce.

Once she got rolling, Dr. DeMarte found the perfect balance between giving technical information and explaining things in simple terms. I can't imagine how the cross will go for the defense since she's VERY solid and knows that the science backs her up. I doubt she'll feel the need to give anyone a time out.

BBM.
The jury isn't hearing this???

I'm so sorry. Please take care. Come here for support. We're all here....

I appreciate it, but I will say this aagin
thank you so much. it's been hard to deal with (the last few days) but being shown all this love by the most amazing people with the biggest hearts here on WS has made it so much easier to deal with. ((thank you)) Jan (chijojo)

So no need for condolences...I KNOW you all are amazing peeps with big hearts!

Children are placed in special classes because of their IQ, both high and low. I have taught the higher level IQ classes and they do know why they are there. They also get special advantages that should be available to all students.

I am in no way painting anyone with a broad brush stroke. I know from experience how IQ tests are used in schools.

If I offended you I am sorry.

I agree...I was a substitute teacher for many years (worked well with my kids schedule and I loved it) anyway, one particular school I worked in had an advanced enrichment program that went to the classroom..for all of the kids, rather than the kids coming to it. It was wonderful, and surprising with some of the responses of the supposed higher level kids vs the lower level kids...upside down much and often...everyone had the advantage...great school!:twocents:

Is Jenny joking?!

Objection. He's being disrespectful.

??? My eyes are bulging out of my head.

Unbelieveable...my mom died on monday (04/08/2013) and I just found out my aunt died last night. Don't they say these things happen in "threes'? I wonder if I'm next??

So sorry, my prayers are with and you will not be next, we all need you here.

We had "your third" here, so you are stuck with us now.
hugs and special thoughts (((((chijojo))))

How can I find out what my IQ is? Is there an online test? Curious. I hope I am smarter than Jodi.
I don't know, but in the grand scheme of things, they don't actually mean very much, IMO. I've known people who were "brilliant" but dumb as rocks, if you know what I mean. My husband's IQ is 170ish and he can't figure out how to take a lid off a pot and cut his own portion of meat, so there you go, lol.

I love that JM and DeMarte aren't dumbing it down or going off into the weeds to try to explain things at a grade-school level for the jurors. I felt sorry for their having to sit through so much of that with RS and ALV. In addition to solid testimony, I think the manner in which it's being elicited and delivered will be a plus with the jury.

I am kinda looking forward to the cross by JW. The jurors will get to see how a true professional, confident in her ethically and accurately performed evaluation, reacts to being challenged. I have no doubt DeMarte will excel in that area as well and give the jurors yet another compare-and-contrast element to consider in weighing the evidence.

OMGosh, chijojo, I'm so so sorry... Are you okay?? Do you have loved ones with you? Bless your heart, I'm so sorry you're going thru so much right now, I wish there was something I could do.. this is just heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille