trial day 48: REBUTTAL #145

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcmi - norming is a reference group - normative population to compare scores . . . normed against clinical treatment . . patients already having a psychological disorder .. . results in#553 compared againt non-symptomatic population? . . no population with mental health issues
why would weneed to look @ JA's behavior . . . . compared to people with MH disorder

Demarte lookedat this beforein people inpsychiatric settings . . . would not use ths test on norml population

what approach did ALV take?
much more subjective approach - no report written . . . no test data to compare . . .

Dr.Carp and Dr. Samuels you were told about tests you could run yourself . . .but with ALV there is no objective data . .. no report.
what did she do then?
ojection - lack knowledge
approach

I dunno about Dr. DeMarte. She's smart and appears to be very prepared, which is a refreshing change, BUT there's no getting around the fact that she's relatively young and may not come off as "wise and worldy" enough to the jury. I was very surprised that she hadn't heard of Your Erroneous Zones. It's old and outdated, but it's a major grand-daddy of self-help books. Maybe it just shows how old I am ;(.

that book is junk psychology. no reason for her to know about it. as for her youth, i consider it an asset. she's fresh in her knowledge and experience.

ALV's been cranking out the same opinions for years and years and hasn't kept up with things that don't agree with her 'old' opinions on DV.

Wow, she is blowing them out of the water!

Jodi has that "La la la la la, can't hear you" look again. Like Norman Bates at the end of Psycho, trying to prove they "wouldn't hurt a fly".

DeMarte: LaViolette took a much more subjective approach. No testing, no report, no test data to compare.

No objective way to verify her results.

And another sidebar...

Sounded just then like Wilmot tried to throw out every word she could summon for her objection.

JMO of course, but I think JA is FURIOUS and is trying very Very hard to stay calm. She has totally distanced herself. Furious.

Yeah, truth hurts and Jodi doesn't have her under her thumb.
Couldn't resist.

[video=youtube;OezHRns06-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OezHRns06-8[/video]

Stepped away for a second. What is this side bar for?

LOL wILLMOTT just throws out as many objections as she can think of and hopes one is the right one. HAHA

Did she actually just say "Lack of Knowledge" about THIS witness?????

Witness can sure drink lots of water... And can hold it in!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Objection the states witnesses are normal, smart, ethical people, I need them for the defense, oh what but the defense is lying, oh that's why normal people won't work

Oh Jennifer, you should NEVER object on the basis of "lack of knowledge". Poor hypocrit.

I dunno about Dr. DeMarte. She's smart and appears to be very prepared, which is a refreshing change, BUT there's no getting around the fact that she's relatively young and may not come off as "wise and worldy" enough to the jury. I was very surprised that she hadn't heard of Your Erroneous Zones. It's old and outdated, but it's a major grand-daddy of self-help books. Maybe it just shows how old I am ;(.

I disagree. She knows her stuff and is speaking the truth; something we haven't had in a month of Sundays in this case.

Dr. DeMarte: LaV took a subjective approach, nothing to read, no test data to compare, there was no report, what she did was review. . .objection

JW: Objection, speculation, lack of knowledge
Judge: Approach

As far as the defendant having materials there to work on, it is sometimes used in trial. (John Couey was given a coloring book and crayons) It is hoped that keeping them busy allows them to kind of disconnect during testimony that might be difficult for them. It is hoped that it will prevent them from fidgeting, prevent outbursts and help them to maintain control. They would have been coached to busy themselves if they begin to feel upset.

My guess is that this witness is upsetting JA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member