trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Jacob recently on HLN talking about Travis?

Oh, I remember, they're the couple that gave Pinsky the video of JA on TA's lap. Would it be for that video? To prove he was with her in public?

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/06/ddhln.01.html

DR. DREW

Lots of Jurors Questions

Aired March 6, 2013 - 21:00 ET

**snip**

Joining us now is Travis Alexander`s friends Hollie and Jacob Mefford. Hollie is the woman behind the camera.

And, Jacob, how does the Jodi we see on the stand, and we`ve seen several different ones, frankly -- but how does the one we`ve come to know on the stand compare with the one we now see in your video?

J. MEFFORD: She`s completely disconnected. I mean, as you can tell in the video, you know, we were all captivated by what was going on and what he was saying, and she`s completely apathetic. You know, she`s completely disconnected.

She`s not the center of attention in this moment. You can even see when she, you know, raises up. She`s like, basically, like let`s go to -- let`s go to bed, let`s get out of here. You know, she pulls her arm off of -- his arm off of her nonchalantly like it`s no big deal.

It`s just that`s Jodi. Once again, just not connected, not -- doesn`t care about anybody else but herself.
========================

Full Travis and Jodi tape shown on Dr. Drew and Inside Edition

[video=youtube;z4U6fAeIpTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4U6fAeIpTo[/video]

PPL folks

Look under "The Mefford Life" Don't know if I'm suppose to link it

This is no doubt hearsay, but on another website (not THAT one), someone posted that Hollie Guptill-Mefford had posted on Travis' FB memorial page, "I have a video from that convention when we were all downstairs in the lobby and he was telling his story of being robbed years earlier at Mimi's.. She is laying on his lap in the video."

I have no link, just repeating what I read on the internet (or, as some may say, gossip). But you can't put it on the internet if it's not true, right? lol

The trial starts at 2:30am our time now .. I sneak out at 4:00am to start watching putting it on the big screen at that time would equal DIVORCE!! it's so much better though!!!

I am in central time, Chicago, so I can't watch on my tv until the Youtube videos are posted, I usually just watch on my computer, but today I had my 7 month old grandson from 1 pm until midnight, so I am trying to catch up, but it's already 1:30 and I may have him again tomorrow, their house is full of sickness, my son, a 2 year old and my DIL just got over it. I may have 2 sick kids later today. :what:

that was like 3 months ago. I totally flipped to antisocial with borderline features or something.

there's got to be more than borderline going on there. maybe. i don't know.

:seeya: lil buddy! Definitely more than borderline going on with JA... She's BPD with distinct psychopathological overlap. Dr. JD mentioned it, but didn't call enough attention to it, IMO. :moo:

I think I'm going to turn off the computer and try to sleep some. I will fall asleep to JM's voice, hopefully, and not wake up to JW's shrieking questions. Take good care all and good night or good morning as the case may be.

Instant sidebar btw when jd mentions a second report (not Samuals) guess that one didn't help the DT .. sounded like another DT psychologist.

I'm still on comorbidity of both with a little NPD thrown in for good measure :)

I'm with samuels. PD-NOS. There's no precedent, no label. She's just one nasty mish-mash of Cluster B's.

maybe.

Sure wish I could see her whole file.

Instant sidebar btw when jd mentions a second report (not Samuals) guess that one didn't help the DT .. sounded like another DT psychologist.
Speaking of that, I was a little surprised Juan got to bring that in. I don't know if the DT would have been allowed. At least I don't think they would have , since she is no longer in their service.
Maybe they paid her for the work so far, so the report "belongs" to them??

She left fairly early in the case because of illness - cancer, I've heard. but can't confirm/

Speaking of that, I was a little surprised Juan got to bring that in. I don't know if the DT would have been allowed. At least I don't think they would have , since she is no longer in their service.
Maybe they paid her for the work so far, so the report "belongs" to them??

Is it Doctor Carp? Can't hear well but its bad .. She indicated so many more incidents to Dr Carp .. Numerous reports of frequent abuse and threatening behavior .. She really really went there .. I'd so love to read that.

This is my first trial here, so please forgive me if this is something every one else knows. What are the attorneys sliding back and forth on the ledge at the Judge's desk when they are having sidebars? They seem to be moving it in front of themselves as they speak.

It's the conch.

I was racking my brain earlier on why Juan brought her up at all - was the name Cheryl Carp? She was just another expert Dr Demarte disagreed with-
Then doc said the magic words that made it all make sense. JA had told this first expert, she had been physically abused many many times - so Juan wanted to point out how worthless JA's stories to the experts were - they were all CARP - not to be confused with her name. lol

Is it Doctor Carp? Can't hear well but its bad .. She indicated so many more incidents to Dr Carp .. Numerous reports of frequent abuse and threatening behavior .. She really really went there .. I'd so love to read that.
Ha - I was typing, and finished up to read your post. LOL
great minds and all

Originally Posted by Sulamith
So, does a person have to go though an evaluator before they receive therapy? Years ago, my teenagers were driving me crazy, drug use..running away. I needed counseling. I picked up my HMO handbook of Preferred Providers and chose a psychiatrist for counseling. Much to my surprise, I found out that a psychiatrist was there to write out drug prescriptions..which I did not need and did not ask for. I thought we we were going to talk! He told me if I wanted to talk about my issues, I would need a psychologist and that he was only there to give me meds. Now, I learn that there is yet another level of treatment? An evaluator? Well, at least the insurance companies are making $$$.

Off topic but you almost have to demand an evaluation unless you are going inpatient in a facility. Basically you see 2 different people and one is who checks in with you monthly aka writes the meds. Hope this answers your question.

Edited to add: When you go a counseling center, they try and get you in with the pill doc first - who does an assessment (no testing unless they determine to do so) and writes meds which they give you a 30 day supply for. Before you leave you generally schedule your appointment with the counselor and your next appointment with the psychologist. Insurance generally will only pay for weekly visits and you can only see one Dr in that center.

Getting in with the psychologist is generally more difficult right now, honestly.

My goodness mental health care has become complicated. I feel for the people who have no insurance/no access and need treatment. I never was told I needed to see a counselor. But, my experience was around 11 or so years ago and I had a crappy HMO. The shrink I did see, would keep me waiting sometimes for 1-2 hours. He was not even at the office. The damn office was locked, no receptionist. I would call his answering service and I was told he "Was on his way, got stuck in his other office" When he finally showed up, he was acting strange, spacey. I suspected drug use. Something was off with him. I only went a few times and did complain to my insurance co. Thank goodness I was not psychotic or really mentally ill. My kids grew up and left so, no more problem for me. Sounds like a freaking nightmare to try to get care now.

I really believe Samuals and ALV were brought in to teach Jodi how to fake abuse and PTSD effectively without going over the top. Clearly a fail. I think that might explain why she scored high all over the test for personality disorders .. She was trying to make herself sound as damaged as possible.

I was disappointed with her. I was expecting more. IMO, Dr. DeMarte sounded like she was reciting straight out of her college texts. She gave me the impression that she used alot of her tools (tests) on her clients but I did not get the impression that she did much acutal therapy. I don't know anything about the kind of work that she has done but it sounded like she was just evaluating people to "get them through the system". CPS, prisoners, low income people, disability claims. :moo:

I think a lot of us expect that Psychologists "fix" problems. My daughter is studying to be a forensic psychologist and they really don't "fix" anyone. They test and evaluate to determine psychological factors but if they are strictly forensic, they don't attempt to fix anyone. Dr. D does more than forensics but all of her work is more about identifying the problem & passing the information on to others that do the "fixing".

Good heavens - almost 2AM at my house!! Lost track of time! I gotta go to bed - hope to catch up with you all tomorrow.
Goodnight peeps.

She was trying to look tough, too. Did you see her when she had her left hand on her hip?

That was funny! I called it her sassy girl pose. Thought she might do that really old "tell it to the hand" thing!

I was racking my brain earlier on why Juan brought her up at all - was the name Cheryl Carp? She was just another expert Dr Demarte disagreed with-
Then doc said the magic words that made it all make sense. JA had told this first expert, she had been physically abused many many times - so Juan wanted to point out how worthless JA's stories to the experts were - they were all CARP - not to be confused with her name. lol

http://www.karpweiss.com/pages/areas-divorce
I think her husband is an attorney and the home page talks about her being an on site psychologist.

I really believe Samuals and ALV were brought in to teach Jodi how to fake abuse and PTSD effectively without going over the top. Clearly a fail. I think that might explain why she scored high all over the test for personality disorders .. She was trying to make herself sound as damaged as possible.

That's exactly what she was doing, without a doubt. She knows she's on borrowed time with visits and things. The longer she can have people talking to her or paying attention to her - she's happy. They said she scored high in verbal and I think just slightly above avg on the other stuff.

I paid attention to her eyes when I watched the videos of her telling the bs stories that she wasn't there. Her deadpan glare when she lies. She's devoid of emotion it seems.. she didn't do any of the normal body movements for a liar, even someone with a PD. However, you can see a shift in still photos from her days as a child and her as an adult. Something in between these aspects of her life changed her, I doubt we will ever know what.

I'm still cringing at the recorded phone convo's between her and TA. His remark about 12 (why 12?!?) really grosses me out. I can't think of why or how that would work its way into a conversation but at the same time I know she's conniving and depending on this statement to make him "the bad guy".

Today hearing everything she did and WHY (most likely) was rather interesting. The establishment of an alibi was pretty .. um.. established. She knew to take her battery out of her cell phone, and a ton of other things that shows she's got a criminal mindset. I really wonder what else she's gotten away with because people are intimidated by her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member