trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long do you think JW will try and impeach the impeccable witness on her credentials? She doesn't expect to draw in jurors this way does she? I'm not a violent person but geeesh the thoughts I was thinking while she giggled and whined through her cross.

Until she and Nurmi figure out how to request a mistrial because the prosecution expert witness is too good!

I've been frustrated about people making fun of it all trial. Never had the energy to type all that out on my phone. THANK YOU! :)

I thought is was interesting that today's witness said she only heard about "the law of attraction" from her patients and that is was damaging because the patients couldn't face reality but only what they "perceived in their minds and were only allowing themselves to think of positives". (something like that) Then they discussed a movie "Secrets". All of this is based on a dam movie - Not something that is realized in the professional community.

I think it is mumbbo jumbo manipulation of quantum mechanics...which is not how thought can be twisted into exerting actual effects on the physical universe...physics has all kinds of other laws about that and I don't begin to understand the subject even though my son is a physicist ...I am always astounded what people will believe.

I have an advanced degree in physics and there is nothing in the principles of that discipline that supports the precepts of The Secret or The Law of Attraction

They are just exploiting people's ignorance of physics.

It must be a defense where I live, because my ex husband got out of his legal trouble by using crime of passion.

crime of passion is just a label for a certain type of crime that's a lesser degree than murder 1 in some jurisdictions. Just a label. If you kill someone because you're instantaneously and extremely pissed off, it's not murder 1, regardless of whether it's technically called a "crime of passion."

If the posts I'm reading are accurate, the State psych is testifying to BPD. Which doesn't support premeditation at all -- the opposite, in fact. Can't wait to see how it comes out. jmo

remember though, she wasn't shown to be a spontaneous person, so her anger built up and built up as she planned to kill him. that was not a quick last minute decision.

Not sure who filed this or if I'm the 20th person to have posted it as the threads move like lightening so disregard if already posted 20 times earlier. Docket update

4/16/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/16/2013
NOTE: SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE OF SENTENCING PHASE WITNESS

And this. I thougth there were 15 but honestly, I just can't keep up with this case at times.

4/15/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 4/15/2013
NOTE: STATE'S SIXTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL LIST OF WITNESSES

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Oh and JD was excellent today. JW, well not so excellent today. Jodi just seemed to try too hard to act like she was too busy to listen to the person who defined her so well. Great day.

The witness today pretty much laid out how JA's mind works. Don't leave me - Let me spy on you but whatever you do - don't leave me. I cannot be left alone. You must stay with me. Travis told her to hit the road - That was it. She couldn't accept that in her mind and he needed to go. JMO

I'm on video # 3. JW cross of DR.D ....can you say confused?? I think JW is in way above her head.
MOO

BBM - I believe the idea is that she cancels out PTSD, which cancels out the "fog" excuse. Then JM will argue that the only way to explain her "memory gap" is that she's lying and used "the fog" where it was convenient because she didn't have a more believable lie available.

As a bonus, if she cancels out DV/BWS then it makes overkill (definitely) and self defense (possibly) harder to accept. Without them, you have little choice but to believe she planned and carried out the murder.

BPD doesn't give her an excuse for the murder or her convenient lack of memory - and Demarte's explanation surely makes much more sense to the jury than the "if she says X it means Y" nonsense from the two defense "experts" - so what else can it be other than a premeditated over the top murder?

J. Dahmer was diagnosed BPD, too. Just sayin'.

Dr. Dr*w is a medical doctor first (internist/internal medicine) AND then he went onto further his knowledge and became a Psychiatrist.
To become a Psychiatrist, you must be a medical doctor first.

Enough.

He is NOT a licensed psychiatrist in the State of CA. That's a fact.

Oh my, Curious! Dr. Dr*w is a Psychiatrist which means he not only is an M.D. but also went on to continue after that in the realm of diagnosing/treating mental health.
Just for the record, a Psychiatrist is considered to be the highest level of achievement within the discipline of mental health.

I could be wrong, but I think I have heard Dr Drew refer to himself as an Internist. He's not a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist.

Jodi's "nonchalant" behavior during Mr. Martinez' direct of Dr. D spoke volumes as far as I could tell. When LaV and Samuels were testifying, most of the time Jodi looked at them with rapt attention, and made her sad puppy dog faces when the subject turned to Travis or her mother's spoon swatting. Today she was practically carving a trench with her pencil and looking straight down during the direct. However, the minute Willmott got up to cross, Jodi picked up her head and trained a white hot laser death ray stare at Dr D, and kept it on her, unwavering, for a very disturbing amount of time. To me it looked as if Jodi was trying to bore a hole through Dr D's brain. It actually sent a cold chill down my spine.

It's on my maybe to do list. I need to scan my license etc. lol

If you can get people to commit to it the best and most evidence-based treatment for BPD is something called Dialectical Behavior Therapy where people basically learn to manage their emotions, tolerate their emotions, make reason-based decisions, and self-soothe--stuff people usually learn as kids. A lot of people think Borderline PD comes from childhood abuse, neglect, or generally inappropriate or inadequate parenting so I'm curious to see if that will come up in mitigation.

It's a very involved therapy if you do the strict manual-based version. It requires someone to commit to individual as well as what's called "skills-training" groups and can last around 18 months.

Yep, so do you prefer DBT via M. Lineham, B. Aguirre, R. Lohmann, or A. Chapman? :winko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx