trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Jodi has a mental condition like bpd it should only be weighed in on when doing mitigation. JMO

LOVE your avatar! I laugh every time I see it. My Pekeapoo is also a "Destroyer of Worlds"!:great:

BBM She has to know that this trial is being watched by God knows how many people. I'd be nervous as hell!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how much is this witness being paid -- if at all. Not that it makes a difference, because I really like her testimony. I just wondered if that got in front of the jury (like ALV).

Kind thanks,

Mel

BBM She has to know that this trial is being watched by God knows how many people. I'd be nervous as hell!

If i don't take small sips of water when I am talking a lot I start coughing...She didn't ask for a specxial bathroom break either:floorlaugh:

I, too am perplexed why they did not use "heat of the moment" as a defense.

Many of us believe that all of TA's nasty posts to JA were in response to her manipulation. However, they are on paper and using them with the fact that he did not want to marry her, yet continued the sexual relations, including continuing to talk and have phone sex would have helped her get the coveted M2 she wanted.

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't want to "defend" a murder two case. IOW, let the prosecution think it's trying a murder 1 case with self defense, then get in the evidence for a murder 2 charge so there's no evidence presented to refute it.

In at least one other case Juan has tried, murder 1 was charged and he couldn't prove it, so he requested a murder 2 charge and the defense objected. The court charged murder 2 anyway and the State got that conviction.

If the posts I'm reading are accurate, the State psych is testifying to BPD. Which doesn't support premeditation at all -- the opposite, in fact. Can't wait to see how it comes out. jmo

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how much is this witness being paid -- if at all. Not that it makes a difference, because I really like her testimony. I just wondered if that got in front of the jury (like ALV).

Kind thanks,

Mel

That did not come up today.

Ovaltine? A crummy commercial?? Son of a ...

I could never stop thinking about the icicle when listening to Einstein giving her stupid story during the marathon 18 day trek through Stupid Valley. Every time she started talking about him being "mean" or the nonsense about the "body slam" I kept thinking, "There was this icicle...and it fell...and it broke my glasses..." cuz you just know she was thinking, "It'll work! It has to work!"

Headed to bed, Goodnight!

What a great day for Justice for TRAVIS... Grateful to Dr. Demarte and Juan :bowdown:

Please tell me JA did not sit through this whole day IGNORING the testimony. Makes me wonder what the jury thought about that.

I don't know what the jury thought but, I'm hoping like me they are thinking, if she has PTSD why can she concentrate so well on her new journal ????

I have never seen Nurmi move so fast until today when Dr. Demarte blurted out about Jodi lying on the tests. Wow! He and JW shot out of the seats like the courthouse was on fire! :hills::panic:

Thank you ... that was the most complete copy of it I have seen.

Could be my browser, but I keep getting a twitter error (and I have an account). Can you post the piccie for me?

Thanks so much!

Melanie

ETA: Nevermind - it finally loaded. Here's a copy of the text.

Valentine.jpg

I caught Wilmott trying to "debase" the witness by reminding her that she was born the same year as ALV got her license.....That was horrid and very disrespectful. (The Jurors will probably agree). This witness is not "Old Fashioned" is she? Therefore, she is being absolutely objective in her questioning of the defendant. It was so refreshing to me (and hopefully the Jurors) to hear from a "Real Objective Psychologist".

I don't know why they would make a big deal about her age. She's almost 33 years old. At what age does one start being taken seriously as a professional? Or are they trying to make her seem younger because she's the same age as their client over there colouring in her book with her hair in a style usually reserved for an 8 year old? In fact I think I saw a couple of pics of JA in elementary school on NG tonight with that same style.

It is a sharp contrast. It really hits home that this is not a young lovesick girl who committed this act but a full grown woman who should have been able to support herself at least.

MOO

And I bet she knows how to use e-mail, IM's, and facebook -- unlike ALV. And I agree, she's not old fashioned, nor does she send gifts to someone she is supposed to be evaluating.

Oh, and she probably takes notes too!

MOO

Mel

Hey! ALV knows how to use "Gee-Mail".....ALV referred to Gee-Mail at least twice, and I cracked up with my husband about that because he knows nothing about email or computers - But he does know about email.....Someone must have started ALV a gmail account and therefore, they are "Gee-Mails".....Killed me now !!! :floorlaugh:

:goodpost:

Thank you for this, the thanks button just wasn't enough! I thought Dr. D did just fine with that question. Of course you can't completely leave your feelings at the door when you are dealing with people's pain on a daily basis. But she absolutely convinced me that she takes no bias into her evaluations.

It was another low blow by the DT IMO. A "you called our experts out, so we're giving you a dose of your own medicine" tactic, which they seem to fall back on regularly. Remember when Willmott pointedly said to ALV "let's get this out of the way, do you have any problems with your memory", and the DT had a big giggle over it? How childish. It pains me that Nurmi actually said in the mistrial hearings something to the effect of "this isn't second grade, it's a courtroom". I think he should have been doing some soul searching before he said that, and Willmott should have been doing some of her own. I sincerely hope that their behavior in the courtroom is not the norm. I would hope that educated attorneys can act like grownups, especially when a person's life is at stake. I have not seen them conduct themselves accordingly throughout this entire trial.

Yes, I remember that and they both giggled and smirked. And her next question, "Do you have any problems with your memory?"

I think the jurors are wondering what you're wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne