trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone talking a lot, I can see why you would be thirsty. She just appeared extra thirsty to me. And I thought maybe that was from nervousness. I sure didn't see it as inexperienced though.

BBM She has to know that this trial is being watched by God knows how many people. I'd be nervous as hell!

It's been, imo, what they've actually been going for for quite some time -- a second degree charge, I mean. Which also, imo, is why peeps have been pulling their hair out about "how is this relevant!!!"

I, too am perplexed why they did not use "heat of the moment" as a defense.

Many of us believe that all of TA's nasty posts to JA were in response to her manipulation. However, they are on paper and using them with the fact that he did not want to marry her, yet continued the sexual relations, including continuing to talk and have phone sex would have helped her get the coveted M2 she wanted.

Lol. I thought she had a point she was trying to make...It turned out she was soliciting information. At this stage of the trial!

:floorlaugh:

She was on a fishing expedition it appeared.

Many of us believe that all of TA's nasty posts to JA were in response to her manipulation. However, they are on paper and using them with the fact that he did not want to marry her, yet continued the sexual relations, including continuing to talk and have phone sex would have helped her get the coveted M2 she wanted.

I agree. If she had gone for insanity or crime of passion she at least had a chance of proving her case well enough to convince some of the jury. Arguing that she's completely innocent was a dumb move it seems, especially given the witnesses the defense team has produced.

I'm interested to go back and the part where she gives the actual MMPI results. :websleuther: I learned in theory to administer that in a testing class I took to get my Master's but now you have to be a licensed psychologist or postdoc student (like Dr. D was) to actually do the testing so the knowledge is kind of wasted. I really liked that test though.

You're so right!

And LaViolette didn't bother to ask people who knew Travis for their interpretation of his written responses.

I thought it was HUGE for the prosecution today when this witness said that she spoke to someone in Travis' family for their input. ALV claimed she was unable to do this.

I noticed tonight on NG with the young pictures of JA.... She looks like Laci Peterson (then)! JA was actually quite cute as a teenager. They have the same smile.

I am not disparaging LP in ANY way whatsoever. She is a victim and JA is not. I wish I knew how to do a side-by-side.

I'm interested to go back and the part where she gives the actual MMPI results. :websleuther: I learned in theory to administer that in a testing class I took to get my Master's but now you have to be a licensed psychologist or postdoc student (like Dr. D) to actually do the testing so the knowledge is kind of wasted. I really liked that test though.

Is the MMPI test with over 500 questions that Dick Samuels did NOT administer?

After we see the results from this witness, I now know why he didn't do it. He couldn't manipulate the data...

I caught Wilmott trying to "debase" the witness by reminding her that she was born the same year as ALV got her license.....That was horrid and very disrespectful. (The Jurors will probably agree). This witness is not "Old Fashioned" is she? Therefore, she is being absolutely objective in her questioning of the defendant. It was so refreshing to me (and hopefully the Jurors) to hear from a "Real Objective Psychologist".

And I bet she knows how to use e-mail, IM's, and facebook -- unlike ALV. And I agree, she's not old fashioned, nor does she send gifts to someone she is supposed to be evaluating.

Oh, and she probably takes notes too!

MOO

Mel

Still my favorite part of today was how Jodi reacted to Dr. D as a witness. It was almost like she proved the diagnosis. She flipped and was almost pouting. Like a defiant teenager, in high school saying you cant make me pay attention to this teacher.

Amazing how her head popped up when the IQ tests were being discussed. Narcissist has to be in there somewhere.

Watching back videos/pictures the way she always looks to see the injured pictures of TA; I really hope the Jury notices.

I noticed her going through the variations of the final "alive" shot of Travis yesterday when they were deciding about letting this photography expert testify. When they broke for lunch she finally put them down on the table in front of JW's chair.

MOO

I noticed tonight on NG with the young pictures of JA.... She looks like Laci Peterson (then)! JA was actually quite cute as a teenager. They have the same smile.

I am not disparaging LP in ANY way whatsoever. She is a victim and JA is not. I wish I knew how to do a side-by-side.

I find NOTHING cute about JA because we know what is inside...And that is all that counts. JMO

Because the defendant has a genius for a lawyer. Herself. This nonsensical defense belongs entirely to Einstein. I don't care how people feel about the DT, they can't really believe they are that stupid. This was a non-starter from the beginning. You're right, it would have made much more sense to have just admitted that she snapped -- but remember, that would require her to accept blame. She will not do that. This is all Travis' fault. She is convinced that he deserved it.

Now that the good Doctor has placed her imprimatur on BPD, that might help explain her intransigence. Still, I doubt the jury will care much in the guilt phase. It may spare her from death in penalty, though.

:cow:

But look at her nails! They are perfectly manicured every single day. And her suits are impeccable and fit her so nicely. I love her hair cut and wish my hair looked like that from the back, but I'm always asking myself - why doesn't she just get a color touch up in that one area! She could get a touch up in less time it takes to get a manicure or pick up her dry cleaning!

Yes, there are all sorts of items out there that can touch up a little spot like that. Maybe she does not realize that it shows up that way on the camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne