trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, yes. But there are many psychopaths who don't commit murder and many more borderlines who hurt themselves more than those around them too. It's a gray area because disordered people are just as different and varied as 'healthy' ones.

In reality, the jury has only heard borderline, PTSD, and battered person's syndrome - and each has been more than adequately explained even if not proven. Psychopathy has never been mentioned in court, to my knowledge - apart from Travis' text referencing sociopathy. No assessments for psychopathy have been administered either.

Do you polish that ring all day, or did it come with a stainless finish?

I think it was all Jodi's bright idea. She was probably a complete PITA too, hard as that is to believe. lol

If she'd had that big hot cup of STFU when she was first questioned and just asked for a lawyer, do you think she'd have gotten a 2nd degree plea? Then she'd only have about 10 or 15 years left to serve.

But noooooo. She wanted to be infamous.

As I understand it, Jodi offered to plead to 2nd degree. Juan Martinez would not accept it.

Jodi would not have stood for the "imperfection" of being thought of as insane -- even temporarily. Self-defense is "respectable and understandable" to her.

Well said, Mrs. G. And for those who insist it is a real phenomenon, I invite you to explain the millions of people who die every year on this planet from starvation, or for lack of medicine for treatable diseases, or from abject poverty, or are victims of war. Surely you do not expect us to believe that we may attribute their demise to their failure to properly apply the "Law of Attraction." Pure, unadulterated rubbish of the first order.

:cow:

IMO it's no more ridiculous than any other faith based belief system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey All, I have receved my rights to post and I am so excited, this is a great bunch to discuss our opinions w/o ridicule & that's awesome!!!
I don't care how old this expert is as a matter of fact that may be a benefit. Because of it she much more up to the times in her knowledge, she's not bias which shows by her performing her evaluation of JA by the book seeking the truth not a specific diagnosis, she is not "old fashion" and will not having a problem asking the REAL questions. Besides that hasn't the defense ever heard of young geniouses? This young lady is very smart, level headed, well rounded in the areas she is testifying, and you don't become a Dir of an agency "immediately" afte being licensed unless you have proven yourself worthy. JW & JA are just envious of her and want to try to make her look bad, I think it is a very bad stragedy on their part.

GO JM YOU ROCK!!!!!!
:welcome6: I agree!!

I was at work and only caught part of the testimony today. I will probably watch the whole thing tomorrow but out of curiosity can anyone tell me if she discussed narcissism/narcissistic traits at all?

I am sort of worried that the news media will seize on the "borderline" thing and run with it ARE PEOPLE WITH BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER ALL POTENTIAL MURDERERS? :hills: I have had a lot of clients with borderline pd and I really don't suspect any of them of being horrific murderers at this time. :twocents:

Have you thought of getting verified here?
What tx have you found works the best for BPD? Just curious...

:floorlaugh:

She's probably more than borderline. It's pretty rare to have just one Cluster B disorder and not present symptoms of other mental health diagnoses too.

Carnell thinks she's antisocial/psychopathic in addition to borderline. I agree. And she tips the scales of the MMPI, the often preferred psych test for forensic evaluations, which tests for 10 different scales - depressive, psychopathic, etc. (Using laymen's terms) A score of 65 is considered significant. Jodi scored 65 in 7 of 10 scales. Making comorbidity (or multiple mental health diagnoses) even more likely. I'd missed that testimony, so double thanks Carnell. (DD's 13th birthday is today and I'm busy cake decorating, blowing up balloons, etc.)

Hopefully I explained that okay. :blushing:

Kate, I've got to have mine set wrong. All I got out of that was "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

She didn't say that. Dr. D said she could feel compassion and be unbaised.

Originally Posted by Liebchenmutti
And THAT'S how a professional shows compassion! She doesn't insert herself into a client's personal life, prompting a personal, familiar relationship. If your job is to collect data, then you collect data. You don't become personally INVOLVED in a patient's life! That's ABUSIVE.

Compassion was the word the JM looked up in the dictionary and gave RS a hard time about, for obvious reasons; so I would of loved it, if she could have just said something like:
'as a psychologist I have concern for humanity as a whole' but when focusing on evaluations I understand the importance of remaining unbiased.

or
'I am sorry, did you say your witness WAS bias?

She is not a good listener. She is already on to her next question before she hears the answer and then she trips up. Juan is the opposite. :twocents:

JW and Nurmi have the same annoying "method" of questioning:

"Ok ... what can you ... well, let me ask you this ... "

Possibly. But I think even inmates will see the CH-asm between GF of 5 months (with booty call for another year) and a spouse who dedicated her life and work to furthering her husband only to have him kick her to the curb and not share the harvest after 20 years of hard work and sacrifice.

Well I can certainly see your point. I loathe Jodi, but Betty-- not at all. People may not like what she did but it's not too hard to understand how she came to do what she did. Quite frankly, I thought Betty got a raw deal.

I just want to take a second and point out that diagnosing someone with a personality disorder is f'n difficult. your patient has to be either cooperating to get better (aka being really honest and forthright) or the DR has to conduct very intense studies. As a person that's trying to hide something spends more time trying to keep up their defenses etc, they tend to get sloppy and hasty.

Honestly BPD is more likely to hurt themselves than anyone else and that's a fact.

Well according to Dr D, Jodi did want to commit suicide for years starting in her mid teens. Unfortunately she changed her mind on June 4, 2008. The loss is all of ours.

I think the gun went over Hoover Dam, and the knife is hidden someplace. I just have a terrible feeling that Jodi would want to keep that knife as a momento. She threw the dishwasher story in there as a diversion. Since she couldn't be sure they even found anything in the dishwasher, she added the "maybe I put it in" to cover her bases. If they found a knife in there, she wouldn't have to worry about them continuing to look for her real knife. :moo:

You are right - I think she also saved all the receipts as some sort of "satisfaction in her plan to do what she did and got by with it".....Her saving the receipts for tax purposes is ridiculous.

I was at work and only caught part of the testimony today. I will probably watch the whole thing tomorrow but out of curiosity can anyone tell me if she discussed narcissism/narcissistic traits at all?

I am sort of worried that the news media will seize on the "borderline" thing and run with it ARE PEOPLE WITH BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER ALL POTENTIAL MURDERERS? :hills: I have had a lot of clients with borderline pd and I really don't suspect any of them of being horrific murderers at this time. :twocents:

From what I have read on the subject the folks with bpd are more likely to hurt themselves than anyone else.

Who among you think that the DT would have been better off going with 'Temporary Insanity' or some kind of 'heat of the moment' defense rather than this whole self defense crock of simmering pig dung?

Yes?

No?

It's been, imo, what they've actually been going for for quite some time -- a second degree charge, I mean. Which also, imo, is why peeps have been pulling their hair out about "how is this relevant!!!"

Well I can certainly see your point. I loathe Jodi, but Betty-- not at all. People may not like what she did but it's not too hard to understand how she came to do what she did. Quite frankly, I thought Betty got a raw deal.

I am in agreement with this. I can relate and sympathize with Betty even if what she did was wrong.

I'm confused about your post. To what does it refer?

My post that you quoted was in reference to JW trying to topple Dr. D's testimony.

My comment essentially meant Juan knows JW has no A-game.

Apologies....I should have prefaced my post with ..... I completely agree with you..... because I did and was just adding my thoughts to yours.

Who among you think that the DT would have been better off going with 'Temporary Insanity' or some kind of 'heat of the moment' defense rather than this whole self defense crock of simmering pig dung?

Yes?

No?

Insanity would have been the wiser plea. My guess is the killer couldn't accept the idea of anyone thinking she was cray-cray.

Erm. Helllooooo? :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member