trial day 48: REBUTTAL #147

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW's cross examination was pointless and sometimes she did not even know what she's talking about. I feel sorry for JW's occasional ignorance: I always remember the time when she challenged the medical examiner, Dr. Horn, whether the shot on the head to Travis (R.I.P) passed through his brain by saying "Are you sure about that?" or something to that effect. If I were her, I would like to jump off a bridge.

That has to be one of the worst crosses in this case. Her client's whole "story" of the incident is in direct conflict with the Dr's opinion, and all she can come up with is "well haven't we heard stories of how someone with an arrow and nail in their head walk into an emergency room" and the good Doc H shoots her theory down within seconds.

I am a photographer. It is impossible to be IN the wedding and also do a complete job being the photographer. If JA did that I can guarantee she missed a LOT of great shots 1)because she should be in some of them (wedding party, etc) and 2) the best shots are often the shots you catch candidly which would be difficult being IN the wedding party. IE: how can you take photos during the toasts etc if you are supposed to be at the head table? Either you miss the shots or there is a gaping hole in the photo where you should be sitting.
I do agree but it can be done, you are not in the pics or you set up the pic allowing someone else to click or set the timer. I was mad when my husband took his camera to our sons wedding...but was happy very soon, as the photographer never showed up...my husband took all the pics. The other possibility is Jodie took a lot of shots the hired photographer did not....was there someone else? Depending on how the contract was written there may have been a pic limit and Jodie took all the extras. JMO

You're kidding right? Just because someone claims it does not make it so. Completely unscientific.

I think it is mumbbo jumbo manipulation of quantum mechanics...which is not how thought can be twisted into exerting actual effects on the physical universe...physics has all kinds of other laws about that and I don't begin to understand the subject even though my son is a physicist ...I am always astounded what people will believe.

Yay! Happy to be back from my mandated 24 hour vacay...I promise to be a good girl from now on.

Onto this point I wanted to make...
JW doesn’t seem to understand the internship, residency, fellowship processes…I understand them quite well considering I credential physicians for fellowship programs through the clinic I work at whom are usually coming straight from their residency. While there may be variations between the MD internship, residency, fellowship process from that of a psychologist from listening and understanding Dr. DeMarte I understood them to be very similar. Not sure why this seems to be such a hurdle for JW.

Wouldn't you think if she was going to go after Dr.D about her experience and Education, she might have tried to get a handle on what the basic process is, that Physicians and PHD's go through to become licensed and credited? These people do not even do a minimum of preparation. It's embarrassing. What is an internship, what is residency, what is the difference between therapists and psychologists. . .

Apologies....I should have prefaced my post with ..... I completely agree with you..... because I did and was just adding my thoughts to yours.

Oh, because I kind of thought you thought I was dissin' Dr. Dynamic and I was going to be quick to deny that.

But I always ask for clarification first before leaping down anyone's throat. lol

Still my favorite part of today was how Jodi reacted to Dr. D as a witness. It was almost like she proved the diagnosis. She flipped and was almost pouting. Like a defiant teenager, in high school saying you cant make me pay attention to this teacher.

Amazing how her head popped up when the IQ tests were being discussed. Narcissist has to be in there somewhere.

Watching back videos/pictures the way she always looks to see the injured pictures of TA; I really hope the Jury notices.

OT: Kinda:I found the posts about IQ very informative. Someone posted a link to some IQ tests which I decided to take. It took me quite some time to "take" 1 test. The 10 questions I could not figure out drove me nuts for hours.

My husband came home after seeing patients for 12 hours and I asked him the questions that I could not figure out. Unfortunately for me, he answered them in less than 10 minutes. All correctly. Much to my chagrin.

Conclusion: I am as smart as JA. :( My husband is an Einstein. :( Neither one of us has killed anyone.:)

It does not matter how smart you are or think you are. Being a good person has far more value. Hopefully the good People of Arizona will find JA Guilty and she will never see the outside of a jail for the rest of her short life. JMV

That has to be one of the worst crosses in this case. Her client's whole "story" of the incident is in direct conflict with the Dr's opinion, and all she can come up with is "well haven't we heard stories of how someone with an arrow and nail in their head walk into an emergency room" and the good Doc H shoots her theory down within seconds.

It's odd that someone who seemingly does not do research or understand pretty basic stuff feels ok taking a persons life in their hands in a murder trial ambition outweighing ability seems to be a common theme in this trial.

I do agree but it can be done, you are not in the pics or you set up the pic allowing someone else to click or set the timer. I was mad when my husband took his camera to our sons wedding...but was happy very soon, as the photographer never showed up...my husband took all the pics. The other possibility is Jodie took a lot of shots the hired photographer did not....was there someone else? Depending on how the contract was written there may have been a pic limit and Jodie took all the extras. JMO

I agree. I took pics at my son's wedding, but we hired someone else as the official photographer so the shots I mentioned (and others) weren't lost or awkward to set up.
It certainly can be done, but it is definitely less than ideal.
I would not agree to be the designated photographer for a wedding I was in because I would be pulled in two directions and not do the job to my satisfaction. Of course, that could be my own perfection isssues.... :great:

Juan wouldn't put on an "expert" with many big old skeletons for JW to unearth. I feel confident he is well aware of any weakness his expert may have and can effectively counter anything JW brings up - and, do it with few words. I have faith in him and I noted that his objections were rare during this lame attempt by the defense to discredit DD.

IMO - this isn't lost on the jury. They surely respect him for not throwing up smokescreens and objections that serve no purpose but to deflect and waste the court's (especially the jurors') time.

I'm still laughing that JW asked the good Dr. if she gave a lecture to middle school students.

A: No, it was the staff.

JW: Oh, the staff of the middle school?

A: Yes

Do your homework JW -- maybe you won't be so embarrassed tomorrow.

:great:

Mel

Originally Posted by Boots-OK
Apologies....I should have prefaced my post with ..... I completely agree with you..... because I did and was just adding my thoughts to yours.

Oh, because I kind of thought you thought I was dissin' Dr. Dynamic and I was going to be quick to deny that.

But I always ask for clarification first before leaping down anyone's throat. lol

And this proves exactly why ALV can not understand the meaning behind text messages ;)

What I like best about Dr D is she seems totally objective and fact based. I don't think she would hesitate to disagree with JM if that came up. She didn't fall under JA's spell. She seems like a complete professional who keeps her personal emotions divorced from her assessments.

And the complete refusal to be unbiased my ALV led to her complete and utter implosion on the stand in front of the world.

I am a photographer. It is impossible to be IN the wedding and also do a complete job being the photographer. If JA did that I can guarantee she missed a LOT of great shots 1)because she should be in some of them (wedding party, etc) and 2) the best shots are often the shots you catch candidly which would be difficult being IN the wedding party. IE: how can you take photos during the toasts etc if you are supposed to be at the head table? Either you miss the shots or there is a gaping hole in the photo where you should be sitting.

Not to mention that obviously someone else was taking photos and video since NG keeps showing them and JA is in them.

MOO

Have you thought of getting verified here?
What tx have you foung works the best for BPD? Just curious...

It's on my maybe to do list. I need to scan my license etc. lol

If you can get people to commit to it the best and most evidence-based treatment for BPD is something called Dialectical Behavior Therapy where people basically learn to manage their emotions, tolerate their emotions, make reason-based decisions, and self-soothe--stuff people usually learn as kids. A lot of people think Borderline PD comes from childhood abuse, neglect, or generally inappropriate or inadequate parenting so I'm curious to see if that will come up in mitigation.

It's a very involved therapy if you do the strict manual-based version. It requires someone to commit to individual as well as what's called "skills-training" groups and can last around 18 months.

I caught Wilmott trying to "debase" the witness by reminding her that she was born the same year as ALV got her license.....That was horrid and very disrespectful. (The Jurors will probably agree). This witness is not "Old Fashioned" is she? Therefore, she is being absolutely objective in her questioning of the defendant. It was so refreshing to me (and hopefully the Jurors) to hear from a "Real Objective Psychologist".

Wouldn't you think if she was going to go after Dr.D about her experience and Education, she might have tried to get a handle on what the basic process is, that Physicians and PHD's go through to become licensed and credited? These people do not even do a minimum of preparation. It's embarrassing. What is an internship, what is residency, what is the difference between therapists and psychologists. . .

OMG that was painful. Was Willmott that confused or just acting like it to try to throw off Demarte. These aren't exact quotes, but they are close.

"When did you become 'Doctor' Demarte?"
"When I got my PhD."

"And you began work on your Master's degree after you got your Bachelor's degree?"
"Correct."

I'm not surprised that Dr. Drew would be critical of Dr. DeMarte. She did project a little stage fright at first and her voice got a little reedy at times. I guess the TV Dr. would focus on that (style vs. substance) and not notice that she steadied perfectly when discussing something other than herself. She the polar opposite if the defense witnesses who could only defend their opinions by mugging and bellowing about their years of experience. I think it's pretty obvious that if you're doing something wrong, the number of years that you've spent doing it wrong isn't something to brag about.

As soon as she started talking about the science she was calm and credible and knew chapter and verse of what she was discussing. She didn't have to consult a survey article as Dr. Samuels did, nor did she reference a "continuum" that she changes whenever she feels like it. I don't mean to belittle Dr. Drew, but if he didn't see the contrast between the defense experts bravado and Dr. DeMarte's professional competence then he's simply not paying attention.

bbm
thanks you said what i was thinking about dt experts. also this case has really shown me that the tv talking heads are playing to a pay check. iirc when was the last time dr drew testified in a murder case? i had to stop watching several wks ago. i do miss seeing bk but the rest not so much. :moo:

Lol. I thought she had a point she was trying to make...It turned out she was soliciting information. At this stage of the trial!

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member